Important Survey - Please Participate ×

lethargic, tired and spaced out

[Gr...]

These 3 things, although sounding general and vague are really stifleing!

I have to really talk myself into taking action, even to do basic things. My body and mind feels like its on slow motion.

I am spaced out, I can go into auto pilot. I loose hours of time just sitting here, no energy, worrying.

This withdrawal is heavy! I feel like I just want to be on my own,, very little enthusiasm or interest in anything, except internet and tv.

From tomorrow I am going to make changes to my diet to eat more healthily and cycle to work.

I want my sparky self back... ???

Hi GreenTea,

What is your current dose of Valium?  It looks to me as if you're reducing a bit too fast, most folks drop 1 mg every week or two, this could account for how you're feeling.  Granted, none of us feel good while doing this, but if you have the power to affect some measure of control over this process, I'd sure like to see you use it.

If you're at 10 mgs a day, you'd take 10 mgs for a week or two or until you feel your symptoms begin to level off, then you'd take 9 mgs a day for a week or two.  What is your current dose?

I've just checked the ashton.

I am currently on 11.25mg (at the moment I only have 10mg and 5 mg tablets), I need to get some 2 mg so I can reduce my dose easier.

I have been on this for approx one week BUT I had a blip 2 days ago and took extra because I was so fed up. I am probably not feeling good because of that.

I am careful to withdraw slowly.

Thanks for your words of support. Made me see about my behaviour. Must remember when I am tempted to take extra for relief of the withdrawal symptoms is not to take extra cos it seems to make things worse in the long run.

In the last month of my taper as well as the first month off, I was veryyy tired and lethargic. I would (force) myself to go to the gym in the morning, and then literally just sit in my bed for the rest of the day on the computer and wouldn't want to move a muscle. Hang in there.

thanks for the feedback...

and how to you feel now hotelyorba?

well done you for getting off them, do you feel better?

I'm glad you're going to get the lower dose pills, they'll make this easier.  Did you feel any relief from taking the extra medication?  Most I've talked to say it doesn't help because it takes so long for the Valium to build up.  I'm glad you know that it's not in your best interest to take extra doses, it really confuses your body and yes, oftentimes makes you feel worse because you're disappointed in yourself.

I've managed to get some 2mgs which eases my anxiety a little.

I have been feeling better. I didnt particularly feel any relief from taking extra, it did seem to make me feel worse, physically and psychologically.

I have managed to stick to my dose so far since then and plan to reduce by the end of the week.

I do occasionally take a anti-histamine tablet to help me sleep. I'm wide awake now and need to get up for work in about 5 hours!! oh well, i'm off after tomorrow for a couple of days so I can rest then. I dont feel so bad after the anti-histamine but given its another tablet, my main overall aim is to be pill free as much as poss. I am taking sertraline 100mgs (lustral to you americans) and once i'm clean of the diazepam I plan to come off those too. When the time comes i'l be asking advice about that too and how long i should leave before coming off the diaz before i can start the lustral reduction.

I'm feeling better and more energised. I have made changes to my diet, eating alot more healthily and drinking lots of water and not drinking alcohol. All together I feel more positive.

Thanks for your comments and support  :)

Good idea to get the 2mg tabs.  Here is a table that might be of use if you ever want to cut by .25mg doses.  Good luck with the rest of your taper :thumbsup:

Vertigo

Using 5mg and 2mg Tablets to Cut Your Valium by .25mg

By using combinations of 5mg and 2mg Valium tablets, you can easily and accurately reduce your Valium dose in .25mg increments. This simple method works until you taper down to 1mg Valium, at which point you can continue to cut by .25mg by either slicing your 2mg Valium tablets into eight equal pieces (many people find this difficult, while others find it quite simple, opting to do this throughout their tapers), utilizing liquid Valium, having a compounding pharmacy produce special .25mg Valium tablets, or titrating.

One-half (1/2) of a 2mg Valium tablet equals 1mg

One-fourth (1/4) of a 2mg Valium tablet equals .5mg

(Simply cut your 2mg tablet in half, and then cut each half in half. You should end up with four pieces of the same size, with each piece equaling one-fourth (1/4) of your original 2mg tablet.)

One-half (1/2) of a 5mg Valium tablet equals 2.5mg

One-fourth (1/4) of a 5mg Valium tablet equals 1.25mg

As there are many possible combinations of the above, the following guide is simply a sample of options that will hopefully assist you on your tapering journey! (10mg Valium was an arbitrary starting point.)

10mg: Two 5mg tablets (5mg + 5mg=10mg)

9.75mg: One 5mg tablet, ¼ of a 5mg tablet, one 2mg tablet, ½ of a 2mg tablet, ¼ of a 2mg tablet (5mg + 1.25mg + 2mg + 1mg + .5mg = 9.75mg)

9.5mg: One 5mg tablet, ½ of a 5mg tablet, one 2mg tablet (5mg + 2.5mg + 2mg = 9.5mg)

9.25mg: One 5mg tablet, ¼ of a 5mg tablet, one 2mg tablet, ½ of a 2mg tablet (5mg + 1.25mg + 2mg + 1mg =9.25mg)

9mg: One 5mg tablet, two 2mg tablets (5mg + 2mg + 2mg = 9mg)

8.75mg: One 5mg tablet, ¼ of a 5mg tablet, one 2mg tablet, ¼ of a 2mg tablet (5mg + 1.25mg + 2mg + .5mg =8.75mg)

8.5mg: One 5mg tablet, ½ of a 5mg tablet, ½ of a 2mg tablet (5mg + 2.5mg + .5mg = 8.5mg)

8.25mg: One 5mg tablet, ¼ of a 5mg tablet, one 2mg tablet (5mg + 1.25mg + 2mg = 8.25mg)

8mg: One 5mg tablet, one 2mg tablet, ½ of a 2mg tablet (5mg + 2mg + 1mg = 8mg)

7.75mg: One 5mg tablet, ¼ of a 5mg tablet, ½ of a 2mg tablet, ¼ of a 2mg tablet (5mg + 1.25mg + 1mg + .5mg = 7.75mg)

7.5mg: One 5mg tablet, ½ of a 5mg tablet (5mg + 2.5mg = 7.5mg)

7.25mg: One 5mg tablet, ¼ of a 5mg tablet, ½ of a 2mg tablet (5mg + 1.25mg+ 1mg = 7.25mg)

7mg: One 5mg tablet, one 2mg tablet (5mg + 2mg = 7mg)

6.75mg: One 5mg tablet, ¼ of a 5mg tablet, ¼ of a 2mg tablet (5mg + 1.25mg + .5mg = 6.75mg)

6.5mg: One 5mg tablet, ½ of a 2mg tablet, ¼ of a 2mg tablet (5mg + 1mg + .5mg = 6.5mg)

6.25mg: One 5mg tablet, ¼ of a 5mg tablet (5mg + 1.25mg = 6.25mg)

6mg: One 5mg tablet, ½ of a 2mg tablet (5mg + 1mg = 6mg)

5.75mg: ½ of a 5mg tablet, ¼ of a 5mg tablet, one 2mg tablet (2.5mg +1.25mg + 2mg = 5.75mg)

5.5mg: One 5mg tablet, ¼ of a 2mg tablet (5mg + .5mg = 5.5mg)

5.25mg: ¼ of a 5mg tablet, two 2mg tablets (1.25mg + 2mg + 2mg = 5.25mg)

5mg: One 5mg tablet

4.75mg: ½ of a 5mg tablet, ¼ of a 5mg tablet, ½ of a 2mg tablet (2.5mg + 1.25mg + 1mg = 4.75mg)

4.5mg: Two 2mg tablets, ¼ of a 2mg tablet (2mg + 2mg + .5mg = 4.5mg)

4.25mg: ¼ of a 5mg tablet, one 2mg tablet, ½ of a 2mg tablet (1.25mg + 2mg + 1mg = 4.25mg)

4mg: Two 2mg tablets (2mg + 2mg = 4mg)

3.75mg: ¼ of a 5mg tablet, one 2mg tablet, ¼ of a 2mg tablet (1.25mg + 2mg +.5mg = 3.75mg)

3.5mg: ½ of a 5mg tablet, ½ of a 2mg tablet (2.5mg + 1mg = 3.5mg)

3.25mg: ¼ of a 5mg tablet, one 2mg tablet (1.25mg + 2mg = 3.25mg)

3mg: One 2mg tablet, ½ of a 2mg tablet (2mg + 1mg = 3mg)

2.75mg: ¼ of a 5mg tablet, ½ of a 2mg tablet, ¼ of a 2mg tablet (1.25mg + 1mg + .5mg = 2.75mg)

2.5mg: ½ of a 5mg tablet

2.25mg: ¼ of a 5mg tablet, ½ of a 2mg tablet (1.25mg + 1mg = 2.25mg)

2mg: One 2mg tablet

1.75mg: ¼ of a 5mg tablet, ¼ of a 2mg tablet (1.25mg + .5mg = 1.75mg)

1.5mg: ½ of a 2mg tablet, ¼ of a 2mg tablet (1mg + .5mg = 1.5mg)

1.25mg: ¼ of a 5mg tablet

1mg: ½ of a 2mg tablet