Protracted and Healed

[Mi...]

[el...]

That's very inspiring! Your story gives me hope that i can also be free one day and stat living an absolutely normal life. These days i am staying in touch with the summit health customer service, will do couple of different tests and see what i can do to feel better. This journey is one of the most difficult things in my life probably.

Edited by [el...]

• 2 weeks later...
[Wi...]
On 17/02/2020 at 20:34, [[M...] said:

Marja2, I had withdrawal symptoms for 5 years: intractable insomnia, severe head pain and pressure, burning skin, muscle spasms, severe emotional numbness, chemical anxiety and terror, severe cognitive impairment, and others.

I was so gutted physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually that I researched ways to kill myself. I never had windows. It was just a glacially slow process, so slow that it was hard to see progress. I went from feeling like I had my finger in an electrical socket during acute and post-acute withdrawal, to feeling like a zombie and a burned out shell of myself while protracted.

The reason I was not on BB for the last few years was not that I was better, but that I had given up hope of healing and so didn't even bother to come here anymore to post.

Thank you Misty for coming back and sharing your healing with us, especially as you were protracted and suffering so much but still healed. So so happy for you ❤️

Your story is the one I often come back to read. I can resonate with so much what you’ve written. 

Edited by [Wi...]

[ap...]
On 18/02/2020 at 04:34, [[M...] said:

Marja2, I had withdrawal symptoms for 5 years: intractable insomnia, severe head pain and pressure, burning skin, muscle spasms, severe emotional numbness, chemical anxiety and terror, severe cognitive impairment, and others.

I was so gutted physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually that I researched ways to kill myself. I never had windows. It was just a glacially slow process, so slow that it was hard to see progress. I went from feeling like I had my finger in an electrical socket during acute and post-acute withdrawal, to feeling like a zombie and a burned out shell of myself while protracted.

The reason I was not on BB for the last few years was not that I was better, but that I had given up hope of healing and so didn't even bother to come here anymore to post.

I'm at this point now I'm off almost 2 years