Existential crisis vs. benzo withdrawal: where to draw the line?

[Sk...]

I love this thread, and I love the fact that you mentioned Pema Chodron, EdoTora.  :smitten:

‘When things fall apart’ is amazing!

My journey from alcohol to benzos to freedom feels like I’ve died and been reborn.

I’m actually grateful it has happened, because it has led me to meditation and Buddhist psychology and a whole new fresh perspective on life, which has already profoundly improved my marriage and other relationships, in a very short time.. I’m learning to be happy  RIGHT NOW, and learning to cope with the craving and negative emotions we all experience without letting them take over.. the vicious tinnitus and negative emotions are still there, but I feel like I’m learning to live happily moment to moment rather than trying to numb myself with pills, booze, etc.

This is huge turn around, I’m 44 and have been on the drug and drink merry go round since I was a teenager! So yeah, thank you Benzos!!! You’re teaching me a lot.

Oh ya, “When Things Fall Apart” too. Silly brain. Good call JJNat!

I also think it’s not necessarily all about being happy. Happy is welcome and wonderful when it’s there, of course. And also, realizing that whatever you’re feeling in the moment, even sadness, that’s okay. Like, excepting it.

When I was searching for the titles to share with Skalliz, I stumbled upon a newish Pema book, “Welcoming the Unwelcome,” 2019. Gonna check it out. Probably most, or all, of her books/teaching have are good stuff.

This thread has been quite helpful. Thank you all.

And yes JJNat -

Thank you 🤨  life-altering injury, 11+ years chronic pain, suffering, fear, opiate physiological dependency, withdrawals, benzo physiological dependency, withdrawals, and physical therapy 😌🙏