Reassuring All of You

[ea...]

Never give up, people. Getting off benzos may turn out to be the best thing you ever suffered through.

So many people out there tonight, suffering and wondering if this is all it is...sheer misery forever... OMG, I have been in those shoes. Being terrified 24/7 is truly awful, with so many other horrific symptoms going on all of the time. How does one BEAR this?

By holding onto BB like a life raft. Period.

Annie

[34...]
It's hard on days when everyone is trying to convince you that you have a million different things.  But I know what I m and I know I m not crazy, losing it, nervous breakdown, bipolar or anything else.  But it's hard really hard!

B, you have this so right. Benzo wd is the biggest LIAR of all. Benzo wd tells you you have something else, maybe cancer? Brain tumor? Everything feels so weird and awful, you assume something BIG is wrong with you.

But in the end, nine times out of ten, it is just benzo wd.

I have spent way too much time in hospitals, with injuries I sustained ONLY because of benzos. When I say benzos almost killed me, I am NOT exaggerating. For God's sake, I broke my right femur, my right knee and HIP, only due to benzos. They almost amputated that leg.

This was a very severe injury, and I am damn lucky a surgeon saved my leg. But I will always walk with a limp. Always. Stairs are very hard for me, I take them slowly, one at a time. People stare at me. Nice ones ask if I am okay. NOT nice ones just stare as I slowly make my way up or down stairs. Because of benzos I will NEVER be totally normal. I will always carry the scars that benzos caused me to have.

Am I sad about this? NOPE, not especially. I have made a better life off benzos, and what I have left is something I just have to live with. I am damn lucky to be ALIVE. And I am grateful for that.

east

• Popular Now