Important Survey - Please Participate ×

At what cost?

[Su...]

Thanks again TC...I don't want this to go bad, I think it can be a very good thing to talk about!

Feel free to call me a "square" anytime. :laugh:  I'm sure if my kids even knew what that meant, they would accuse me of being just that!  I'm just "weird" to them.

I just resent the remark that some members are being called "freaks".  That is what I call rude.  BB is better than that.  Maybe it was a slip of the keys.

Patty  xo

beeper this site if full of them they go about it a round about way which is getting old to me.

I have seen what prozac does it made someone who was a inch away from suicide do a complete turn around to a happy functioning person, I saw this with my own eyes because he was a close friend of mine and still is.

My aunt claims Prozac saved her life.

There is a Buddy here who with the help of a A/D tapered off a large amount of Benzo and claims they could not have done it without the A/D

I rather take a drug and be alive then listen to freaks tell me all meds are evil.

Hello sundazed,

You might find some members posting comments along those lines - perhaps, more in the chatroom. The chatroom is not as closely monitored as the forum boards, so such comments might go more unnoticed by the moderation team. As a rule, we usually post against such comments when they appear on the forum boards.

Earlier in this thread, Pam posted a lengthy extract from Guidelines Regarding the Giving of Medical Advice; here's a link to the complete post: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=25837.0. Sundazed, please do not confuse any leeway with might afford members in expressing their opinions, or missed posts or chatroom comments suggesting that members should not take any mediciness, as us encouraging such views in a "round about way". The views expressed in our policy document on this matter are not empty words - we really do mean that it is not our place (those that manage the forum and the wider membership) to decide what medicines other members do or do not take. I think you will find I am pretty damn consistent upon this matter - and since I own BenzoBuddies, I don't understand why you would think this forum has a policy different to the one I have stated.

At what cost do we stay medication free?

I almost killed myself because I hadn't slept in weeks and was told over and over by people on benzo forums NOT to take any medications.

I know of those who got so depressed in benzo withdrawal that they did try to kill themselves because they were told to avoid anti-depressants at any cost.

Is it really our place to tell people not to take anything just because WE didn't ?

Only the person going through the pain and suffering knows how much suffering they can take.

Sunny, I have no idea if you (or any other member) requires any particular medication, or if you should quit any of your medications. You are, indeed, in consultation with a doctor, the person best placed to make decisions about your health. Of course, we will lend moral support, encouraging members to reach their goal of quitting benzos, but the decision to quite is for you and the rest of our members. Likewise, if you need to quit or take up other medications, this is your decision, and you should receive no criticism from other members if you should decide you need to take any particular medication, including benzodiazepines.

Sunny, if you or any other member feels you should follow (or quit) a particular treatment, you should do so. I only suggest that you consult with your doctor, and, perhaps, perform your own additional research too. BenzoBuddies is a support website, not a medical site.

beeper this site if full of them they go about it a round about way which is getting old to me.

I have seen what prozac does it made someone who was a inch away from suicide do a complete turn around to a happy functioning person, I saw this with my own eyes because he was a close friend of mine and still is.

My aunt claims Prozac saved her life.

There is a Buddy here who with the help of a A/D tapered off a large amount of Benzo and claims they could not have done it without the A/D

I rather take a drug and be alive then listen to freaks tell me all meds are evil.

She did not call any member a freak nor did she say that those who don't take medications are "freaks". She said she'd rather take a drug and be alive than listen to "freaks WHO TELL ME ALL MEDS ARE EVIL".

I think most would agree that if someone told you ALL meds were evil, we would think them at the very least unreasonable.

Maybe "freak" was a bad choice of words, but I do not think she was directing this at anyone in particular.

No problem Sunny, sometimes a thread has to get going before we know where it needs to be.  But if it's not about asking for support, more about opinions and dialog, Chewing the Fat is the better choice.  ;)

rude to who ? did I strike a chord in you or someone else ?

I didn't take it as rude to me, sundaze.  As I read it, you were stating that there are people on the forum who do urge others not to take A/Ds or supplements and actually, under normal circumstances, I think that can be good advice.   What Sunny is talking about is not normal circumstances, though.  ;)