Question

[wh...]

8 mg is an interesting dose.

Your troubles might be due to taking so much clonazepam.  It is very strong.  I was stable on less than 1 mg for 14 years.  Typically, I only took 0.5 mg.

I want to suggest you get a new doctor, someone who is experienced in benzos.

Before I make such a suggestion, I want to ask:

(1) what was your dose of flurazepam  before switching to clonazepam?

(2) what did you doctor say when you asked for 8 mg of clonazepam  per day?

1. 41,1mg

2. I asked for liquid drops of K and went to 8mg by myself

Was the 41,1 mg flurazepam or Diazepam?

According to https://www.benzo.org.uk/bzequiv.htm:

The equivalent of 41,1 mg Flurazepam is 0.91 mg Klonopin (about 1 mg of Klonopin)

The equivalent of 41,1 mg Diazepam is about 2 mg Klonopin

Either way, 8 mg seems very high.  I know you said you made a math mistake in getting to 8 mg.  I am sure that happens to many people and they go tell a doctor they made a mistake and now need help, perhaps even by a drug recovery center.  I don't want to scare you but I don't want your body to get locked into a high dose.  I suggest you go somewhere and ask for help to get down to 1 or 2 mg Klonopin.

You mean a Very quick taper towards 1 or 2mg?

Bob7 ... Hi.  I held at 5mg Valium (during my taper) for a year when I had to carpenter... to go any lower would have made me quit the taper because the muscle spasms and stiffness and other symptoms were too great. I was pushing my body hard.  So I held for a year.  With enough of the drug to bathe my damaged brain so I could get my cabin built.  I did not get to an island where my body readjusted and I had lot of symptoms.  Every day I walked a tightrope. 

If I overdid it I was in big trouble.   

That dose kept me out of the emergency room so I could work my body.  But I was in tolerance withdrawal all the time.  I just had predictable windows of function.  About two hours after every dose and then it was home to bed.  By the end of the year I was getting into more tolerance withdrawal as my brain readjusted... I wasn't truly healing my brain because I was still drugging it.  does that make sense?

I am not working now. Much. I am ready to 'do the time'. 

Big love to Bob and Mary....  Without your dedication to this outreach, I would be lost.

whatthelol-

I don't think anyone here would recommend a fast taper of a benzo including klonopin. 

As I understand what Bob is telling you, you are on an unusually high dose of klonopin (clonazepam) and it seems like a good idea for you to get professional guidance in tapering carefully to get your dosage down to 1 mg.

Best to taper slowly and consistently.

Wishing you the best,

BD

8 mg is an interesting dose.

Your troubles might be due to taking so much clonazepam.  It is very strong.  I was stable on less than 1 mg for 14 years.  Typically, I only took 0.5 mg.

I want to suggest you get a new doctor, someone who is experienced in benzos.

Before I make such a suggestion, I want to ask:

(1) what was your dose of flurazepam  before switching to clonazepam?

(2) what did you doctor say when you asked for 8 mg of clonazepam  per day?

1. 41,1mg

2. I asked for liquid drops of K and went to 8mg by myself

Was the 41,1 mg flurazepam or Diazepam?

According to https://www.benzo.org.uk/bzequiv.htm:

The equivalent of 41,1 mg Flurazepam is 0.91 mg Klonopin (about 1 mg of Klonopin)

The equivalent of 41,1 mg Diazepam is about 2 mg Klonopin

Either way, 8 mg seems very high.  I know you said you made a math mistake in getting to 8 mg.  I am sure that happens to many people and they go tell a doctor they made a mistake and now need help, perhaps even by a drug recovery center.  I don't want to scare you but I don't want your body to get locked into a high dose.  I suggest you go somewhere and ask for help to get down to 1 or 2 mg Klonopin.

You mean a Very quick taper towards 1 or 2mg?

I don't want to send you into a world of withdrawal symptoms but your are so high (at 8mg) and no doctor has asked you to be at such a level, it seems wise to get down to the more typical doses we see on benzo buddies as soon as possible.  I think a typical dose for most people I have talked to on benzo buddies is indeed under 1 mg of Klonopin.  I am not a doctor so please go get medical help.  I am just saying you seem to be at a dose much higher than what I see here on benzo buddies.