• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [pa...]

• [Ch...]

• [Pa...]

• [Os...]

Challis, I am now taking .0625 twice a day for the last three days and yesterday was very bad, very bad head fullness and ache , dizziness and un coordinated, up set stomach upon getting up from bed, peeing every 1/2 hour I drink lots of water. To day is just as bad wondering if I should jump back to.125 my previous dose, I would hate to do that if I could stick this out. also can not sleep at all lay there and look at the ceiling. Had CT scan of my head and chest and all is normal. I know its this Benzo crap withdrawal. What do you think???  any suggestions for sleep aid that can help sleep?

Hi Pallo - Did you go from taking .125 twice a day to taking .625 twice a day?  If so, that seems like a big jump to me. 

I'm not there yet, but I plan to decrease only one dose at a time, maybe even by just a shave, and seesaw back and forth evenly.  If that makes sense.  :o

I'm only on my 2nd cut so I'm still a newbie - but each time the sx's have been strongest (mostly anxiety) on the 3-4 day before starting to level out.  Please keep posting - it helps me in my journey.  Good luck!

Hi Blessed Hope, I may have went to .625 more quickly then I should have but I am now four days into it and I don't know if the symptom's will clear or no, if I were you I would do what you are doing, stay were you are at and go slow, I may have to go back, well see?

It may have softened your symptoms to just have cut one dose rather than both doses.  At this point in my opinion it won’t hurt to go back to .125mg for one dose or both if it’s unmanageable. No need to rush this. You might then do as I suggested in a post above and just cut a small crumb off your dose to see how it goes rather than cut to .0625mg.

I usually felt cuts most intensely around the end of the third day, once it was five days until my symptoms peaked. As to going back up in dose, it may or may not make a difference but you can try it and see. Xanax works very quickly so if you try a higher dose again and it doesn’t help, you can go back to the .0625mg on the next dose.

Insomnia is pretty common when tapering a benzodiazepine, as are headaches. Different people here have had luck with other medications that have helped them, I didn’t use any so I can’t say from experience what might help. You can post or check in Insomnia to see what’s worked. I drank chamomile tea and waited for sleep to come back naturally.

Keep checking back to let us know how it’s going. As I think I mentioned before, I did correct my dose upwards at times if I had too many symptoms. This is much harder with long-acting benzodiazepines but can work with Xanax because of it’s fast onset.

Hi Blessed Hope, I may have went to .625 more quickly then I should have but I am now four days into it and I don't know if the symptom's will clear or no, if I were you I would do what you are doing, stay were you are at and go slow, I may have to go back, well see?

Thank you Pallo - I'll keep it slow.  :)

• 3 weeks later...
Challis99, well so far I have been tapering down to .625 now for a week. my question is this, I don't feel that that amount is effecting me, I don't feel any different from before I the the pill and nothing after I take it, what is this a sign of? also I still feel the withdrawal symptoms, dizzy, on edge all the time , anxiety, no sleep and random thoughts. should I keep on tapering with the same amount? I am down to once a day, I stopped taking it twice a day a few days ago . Thanks Bob

Great!  So you’re at .0625mg once a day? That’s when I jumped, although I’m not saying you should do so.  If you’re not reacting to the dose it may be time to quit. I’d think I’d give it a try when you feel like you’re ready.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I was on 0.265 for about a week and a half, I jumped of about 2 days ago. cant sleep, anxiety why way up shakiness in my head, and weird pains that I never had before, should I stay the course or go back on 0.265. also what natural supplement could I take for sheep?

Thanks for your help

Hi Bob.

My first few weeks (maybe close to a month) were of little to no sleep... maybe 0-20 minutes a night the first two weeks and then it slowly improved.  As to whether or not to start up again at .0625mg (I think that’s the dose you were at), only you know whether this is tolerable for you or not. Personally, I’d be inclined to hang on if I could.  You quit at a very low dose, it would be hard to keep cutting lower unless you started weighing pills on a scale. 

As to sleep and anxiety, I’d give chamomile tea a try. Many of us have had good results with it.  I used to double bag chamomile in a small amount of water at night. Daytime use might be helpful too. I’d skip caffeine and chocolate for now...they may amp anxiety.

Keep checking in. The first month off is called ‘acute’ stage of withdrawal, we’re here to support you as you go through it.

Challis

Thanks I will hang in there as long as I can as long as I know what to expect for my first month after quitting. Trouble is I still need to work and it is hard trying to get through the day feeling like this.. Do you know if any one has tried L-Theanine for anxiety and stress its an amino acid  ?? Thanks for your advice.

I did a quick search and there are some threads that discuss L-theanine.  You might want to look at a few to see what others experienced, although even a quick look shows what we always see...works for some, not for others. But good to read what others have found.

• 2 weeks later...
I was nine days out from my last dose and feeling very bad no sleep, headaches, etc... so I took a .0625 this morning and feel worse so I am going to try to stop again. you think this is what I should do? Yesterday at church I had to leave the anxiety buildup was so bad.. bad throbbing headache this morning. Do you think taking that one 0.625 this morning screwed up my getting of this crap?.

Hi pallo,

I'm sorry your anxiety is so horrible, I know you just wanted some relief but it sounds like you didn't get it.  I don't think taking that rescue dose is going to be a problem but getting back off of the Xanax once and for all sounds like a good idea.

Pamster

Thanks Pamster, so you don't think taking that 0.625 will be a problem, I know it did not help me only made my symptoms worse. Thanks for the reply back. Maybe you know of something I can take for sleep that wont interfere with my withdrawals?

Your first post said .0625, was it instead .625?  I don't have personal experience with this, but I've seen others say that a one time dose won't be a problem. 

Pamster said she was not familiar with Xanax stuff, do you think that .0165 I took this morning will have an effect on my withdrawals?? I am 9 days out without a dose of anything but this morning was terrible. Please read the above messages Thank You Bob 

Pamster said she was not familiar with Xanax stuff, do you think that 0165 I took this morning will have an effect on my withdrawals??

I think you meant to say .0625. 

You could ask the folks on the The Xanax Club if they think your one time updose is a problem. 

Sorry for my late reply to your PMs...I wasn’t able to log on yesterday.  I think Pamster’s advice is exactly what I’d have offered, pallo.  The first month off is usually pretty rough.

I’d treat the symptoms... over the counter stuff for headaches, maybe try a double bagged cup of chamomile tea at bedtime to see if it helps relax you. Sleep may ne elusive for a few weeks.  My first weeks off were tough...20-40 minutes a night of sleep but then it got better.

I know how miserable this is at first, pallo.  But you’re free of the Xanax now...it’s going to get better. This is all to be expected, it’s part of the process.

And yeah, rescue doses usually don’t help much but you didn’t hurt anything by trying.

Thank you for replying Challis, you give me hope, today was bad also, I guess it was from that rescue dose as they call it. I am going to hang in there and not even think about doing that again, I was supposed to go to St Croix to work on the Disaster but had to back out because of my symptoms, so ill stay behind and try to beat this. Thank you again for responding.

Edit: Removed identifying info