This is Life with Lisa Ling OFFICIAL WATCH PARTY thread!

[Fl...]

Thanks for this thread FG.  I love how validated we all are after this show.  I really hope this is the beginning of more awareness. I also am concerned about doctors just cutting people off.  I hope they see how important the tapering is.  I was SO HAPPY to see that they showed someone microtapering.  My husband was watching it and saying, "Hey, that's what you did!"  and I'm thinking, " I feel so validated."

I feel like I have been given a big box of justice, gift wrapped and tied up with a bow! I will never know if my prescribing physician saw it or will hear of it, but that doesn’t take away my joy that it is “out there” to dispute all the cruel things he said to me, in order to avoid facing the reality that he had, even without intent, harmed a patient. So, I am not a guillable person who has been taken in by Scientologist, I am not “working myself up”, and I am not mentally ill. Too late for my injury, but nice to push back against the additional insult that was added. But the true value of this, is it is the first accurate media exposure. And media is a driving force for change. Espy

50 new people registered for BB in Introductions today, October 7, after the Lisa Ling documentary aired. And the day has barely begun.

Perhaps members can help the team by being a bit more active on the forum for awhile to answer questions they see in posts.

The team and Colin are on top of Introductions, responding quickly and that’s great. 

Good luck to the team!

how stupidly i trusted those p docs. and now, as Hubbs says, there will be lawsuits. actually his exact words were "after the CNN special airs, i wonder how many lawsuits there's gonna be?"

we may not be able to pay 100,000$ each to sue, but we can sure as hell join together for class action

We aren't likely to see a bunch of lawsuits. It's been tried before- the biggest class action lawsuit in UK history and it fell apart. This can't really be proven and big pharma has infinitely deep pockets.

[quote author=nomoredrugsforme link=topic=230263.msg2957241#msg2957241

how stupidly i trusted those p docs. and now, as Hubbs says, there will be lawsuits. actually his exact words were "after the CNN special airs, i wonder how many lawsuits there's gonna be?"

we may not be able to pay 100,000$ each to sue, but we can sure as hell join together for class action

We aren't likely to see a bunch of lawsuits. It's been tried before- the biggest class action lawsuit in UK history and it fell apart. This can't really be proven and big pharma has infinitely deep pockets.

Big pharma does have pretty deep pockets. However, the Sacklers, Johnson & Johnson & several others have been settling (mostly) State sponsored lawsuits recently that have put a bit of their cha' ching' from their hands into the hands of others. 

Big pharma does have pretty deep pockets. However, the Sacklers, Johnson & Johnson & several others have been settling (mostly) State sponsored lawsuits recently that have put a bit of their cha' ching' from their hands into the hands of others.

These drugs have been around for half a century and as far as I know there has been only one successful benzo lawsuit, and that was settled for around 40k British Pounds.

My injury is worth far, far more than 40k but I can't prove it. All in all I would put it in the millions. If I had a chance of winning I would spend every waking minute trying to recover damages, but I probably wouldn't even be able to get a lawyer to take my case much less win.

The Benzo Crisis episode of This is Life on CNN made me grieve over my own untold story.  I had to completely disassociate from body and mind (for many years) to survive what I was enduring.  When I saw Johnathan in the kitchen fretting and crying about how he was feeling, if I had of allowed myself to do that, I too, would not have made it out.  It took super human strength to survive the horror and I feel like there was a super natural force that was helping too.  I am not a religious person but that is how it was for me.  I realize why people that are in it bad right now, cannot watch this right now.  They cannot afford to go there.

I didn't hear them talk about the horrific nerve burning and stinging and muscle spasms and the constant feeling of being plugged into an electrical socket and the demonic roar in the brain but I am so very grateful for Lisa Ling. The nice little thrill is that she liked my tweet responding to her tweet. Haha ... I feel so important!! I hope I can get myself back again one day.  I've tried to get help, there isn't any that is adequate to deal with this type of trauma.  Therapists I've been too, and I've tried many, just make it worse with their own lack of understanding or knowledge.  After seeing one weekly for 4 months last year, she suggested I try an antidepressant for the pain.  I never went back because she clearly was not hearing me.  I have so many stories about being laughed at and gaslighted by professionals and others (including some BB's), it's a damn wonder I haven't completely gone insane.

I'm going to buy the episode from iTunes and watch it from time to time and see if I can get all my buried grief out now that I am at this stage in my journey where I can afford to feel what I feel.  I'm going to use it as an emotional healing tool.  So grateful for loving, kind, intelligent people like Lisa Ling.

Thanks for this thread FG.  I love how validated we all are after this show.  I really hope this is the beginning of more awareness. I also am concerned about doctors just cutting people off.  I hope they see how important the tapering is.  I was SO HAPPY to see that they showed someone microtapering.  My husband was watching it and saying, "Hey, that's what you did!"  and I'm thinking, " I feel so validated."

:thumbsup:

The Benzo Crisis episode of This is Life on CNN made me grieve over my own untold story.  I had to completely disassociate from body and mind (for many years) to survive what I was enduring.  When I saw Johnathan in the kitchen fretting and crying about how he was feeling, if I had of allowed myself to do that, I too, would not have made it out.  It took super human strength to survive the horror and I feel like there was a super natural force that was helping too.  I am not a religious person but that is how it was for me.  I realize why people that are in it bad right now, cannot watch this right now.  They cannot afford to go there.

I didn't hear them talk about the horrific nerve burning and stinging and muscle spasms and the constant feeling of being plugged into an electrical socket and the demonic roar in the brain but I am so very grateful for Lisa Ling. The nice little thrill is that she liked my tweet responding to her tweet. Haha ... I feel so important!! I hope I can get myself back again one day.  I've tried to get help, there isn't any that is adequate to deal with this type of trauma.  Therapists I've been too, and I've tried many, just make it worse with their own lack of understanding or knowledge.  After seeing one weekly for 4 months last year, she suggested I try an antidepressant for the pain.  I never went back because she clearly was not hearing me.  I have so many stories about being laughed at and gaslighted by professionals and others (including some BB's), it's a damn wonder I haven't completely gone insane.

I'm going to buy the episode from iTunes and watch it from time to time and see if I can get all my buried grief out now that I am at this stage in my journey where I can afford to feel what I feel.  I'm going to use it as an emotional healing tool.  So grateful for loving, kind, intelligent people like Lisa Ling.

I don't know if this will stay up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SmLVmRJuWI

well there were a buttload of lawsuits and class actions with the Astra Zeneca (makers of seroquel) but i can't find a lawyer who still takes the cases. i called 30-40 of them who used to do those cases specifically.

[83...]
I have a lawyer who would take my case (I'm in Oz) but there's no way i could put myself through the stress of it. 40k would be a joke considering what I've gone through. And definitely not worth the stress.

I have a lawyer who would take my case (I'm in Oz) but there's no way i could put myself through the stress of it. 40k would be a joke considering what I've gone through. And definitely not worth the stress.

there's wisdom in what you said. the stress vs the $ amount.

still, i wonder if the USA has attorneys willing to take cases pro bono? nobody wanted to touch my case because of how many drs were involved and how badly the polydrugging.

but there might be options for others if they wanted to go that route (legal action). wish the info would be available to them.if i won a lawsuit i would use the money to pay for my medical care from here on out, and maybe get a vehicle, pay for job training, etc. these drugs took 2 decades of my life. it's difficult to re-enter the workforce with a huge gap in employment and multiple diagnoses. there ought to be compensation for that. meanwhile, my last p doc lives in a mansion that i saw on google earth maps! lives like a KING on the money patients like me and others paid for many years every month to have their health and sanity taken from them/us.

Anybody get Deja Vu watching the pathetic answers her doctor who treated her dad gave? Felt like I was in the doctors office trying to get answers and getting the run around as he just gave her. No way he would admit such a thing fearing medical malpractice

Yes I thought he danced around it brilliantly so to speak, "as in, do not go there, I can not speak the truth"