Bedridden 3 years...no more!

[gr...]

• 4 weeks later...
Hey everyone! SUCCESS is yours i promise. OMG here i go crying for you all i cant help it. Im sorry ive been gone so long. Ive been super busy trying to make up for lost time. You that know me know i am a drummer. Ive been playing constantly and looking for a full time project to join. Im ready now to do it. Ive also been taking guitar lessons for the last 17 months, writing music and recording in my buddies studio. I will try to post a link to my Reverbnation page. MUSIC take almost all of my free time in one way or another. To think back when i was emotionless with NO love for ANYTHING, people music etc. is just amazing baffling and frightening to me more now then before. The damage done is easier to see in the rearview mirror. I love everything i loved before, just MORE now. I live every day like its my ONLY day i have. Thats the positive thing that comes from healing and returning to life. Every moment is colored, ever moment counts, every moment is truly a blessing and special. These days my wife has a husband and  my kids have a father. My friends have me back in their lives. It gets better i promise you all. Message me, respond to thread keep the hope alive! Lots of love-Patrick XxX My Reverbnation page
  • Love 1

• 10 months later...

Exact dates or timeline markers are tough. I was feeling better becoming active nearing the 3 year mark. The process is straight forward. Wean off med, do anything and everything u can to stay healthy and grunt through the withdrawl. 10 percent or less cut of weight of pill. All of you still suffering please know you will heal. Be strong for the ones that love you even if you feel no love at all. Its still there waiting to come bursting out again and believe me it will! We are true warriors and NO ONE can truly know our suffering or our strength. No booze, no sleep aides!!!

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Wow 1

On 15/12/2023 at 06:50, [[g...] said:

Exact dates or timeline markers are tough. I was feeling better becoming active nearing the 3 year mark. The process is straight forward. Wean off med, do anything and everything u can to stay healthy and grunt through the withdrawl. 10 percent or less cut of weight of pill. All of you still suffering please know you will heal. Be strong for the ones that love you even if you feel no love at all. Its still there waiting to come bursting out again and believe me it will! We are true warriors and NO ONE can truly know our suffering or our strength. No booze, no sleep aides!!!

Your story is more than encouraging, the fact you have not just survived a true enemy of our bodies, and minds, but you're healing.  I hope tons of people read this thread of yours, it gives true hope for all of us.

Btw, both of my brothers were drummers, and I at least got some rhythm to be a good dancer ;)

I wanted to just tell you, and others here, that I cannot agree more on a slow, taper, and monitor how we are feeling so that we know if we are stable enough to taper again. 

It's such a hard decision when my head is telling me "you can taper more/faster" when I know now, 9 to 10 months into my taper, that "more" and "faster" was not better for me.

Thank you for coming in and sharing your amazing journey to healing from such a dark place, Denise:hug:

On 27/01/2023 at 16:40, [[g...] said:

Hey everyone! SUCCESS is yours i promise. OMG here i go crying for you all i cant help it. Im sorry ive been gone so long. Ive been super busy trying to make up for lost time. You that know me know i am a drummer. Ive been playing constantly and looking for a full time project to join. Im ready now to do it. Ive also been taking guitar lessons for the last 17 months, writing music and recording in my buddies studio. I will try to post a link to my Reverbnation page. MUSIC take almost all of my free time in one way or another. To think back when i was emotionless with NO love for ANYTHING, people music etc. is just amazing baffling and frightening to me more now then before. The damage done is easier to see in the rearview mirror. I love everything i loved before, just MORE now. I live every day like its my ONLY day i have. Thats the positive thing that comes from healing and returning to life. Every moment is colored, ever moment counts, every moment is truly a blessing and special. These days my wife has a husband and  my kids have a father. My friends have me back in their lives. It gets better i promise you all. Message me, respond to thread keep the hope alive! Lots of love-Patrick XxX My Reverbnation page

Thank you so much for coming back and giving hope to us still suffering!!!

I am soo happy for you that you have got your life back and you can enjoy your family and your music 🤩

May I ask you if you also suffered from physical pain? Muscles and nerves pains? 

Thanks and all the best to you! 🍀

Edited by [sh...]

Congrats. You are a warrior 

Love the simplicity of describing this hell in a sentence or two. Back when this all started I would consume so much information trying to find answers and now, I know. You are so right.

Much love 

Edited by [Mi...]