Diazepam 2mg in 5ml solution how much is 1ml equal to is it 1/2mg per 1ml ?

[no...]

Hi L  :hug: What I have can be diluted as its a 'solution' which means it will stay uniform but less concentrated a suspension will not  :)

'' Performing a dilution in chemistry usually means taking a small amount of a solution whose concentration you know, then adding a neutral liquid (like water) to make a new solution with a larger volume but a lower concentration. ''https://www.wikihow.com/Dilute-Solutions 

So yes it does remain in''' Solution'' not change to a suspension its just less concentrated  but still uniform or even  :) In short, the medication  in the form of solution contains miscible constituents and does not need shaking before use. The medication in the form of suspension contains immiscible constituents and therefore needs shaking before use to deliver required concentration of the drug as it sediments at the bottom as the particles are  larger and heavier than the diluting agent/water .

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Difference-Between-Solution-and-Suspension-Tabular-Form.jpg

Thank you!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :) :) :smitten: :smitten:

Your welcome Builder  :hug: so we getting married  now then BB rock star or not???  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  :smitten:

Love  Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hello, nova 1.  You find the best graphics!  FYI I have a degree in chemistry so know the difference between a solution and a suspension - even though it’s been a while since I earned my degree :). Thanks to the time I spent in chem labs, I also know that unexpected things can happen when you make modifications in an existing “substance.”  In your case, the solution you are using is nonaqueous. I just wanted to bring this to your attention plus suggest you might want to at least consider checking with a qualified professional to verify that it’s ok to dilute with water.

Re: the “yucky” taste ... in addition to the active drug substance (diazepam), the other ingredients are docusate sodium, aluminium magnesium silicate, propylene glycol, raspberry flavour, saccharin sodium, percol erythrosine (E127), sorbic acid (E200), propyl parahydroxybenzoate (E216), methyl parahydroxybenzoate (E218), sorbitol (E420), glycerol(E422).  Perhaps your taste buds are “objecting” to one of these?

Have you heard back from either of the labs that specialize in liquid medicines? 

Sending all good thoughts and best wishes to you for a successful taper .... L

Hello, nova 1.  You find the best graphics!  FYI I have a degree in chemistry so know the difference between a solution and a suspension - even though it’s been a while since I earned my degree :). Thanks to the time I spent in chem labs, I also know that unexpected things can happen when you make modifications in an existing “substance.”  In your case, the solution you are using is nonaqueous. I just wanted to bring this to your attention plus suggest you might want to at least consider checking with a qualified professional to verify that it’s ok to dilute with water.

Re: the “yucky” taste ... in addition to the active drug substance (diazepam), the other ingredients are docusate sodium, aluminium magnesium silicate, propylene glycol, raspberry flavour, saccharin sodium, percol erythrosine (E127), sorbic acid (E200), propyl parahydroxybenzoate (E216), methyl parahydroxybenzoate (E218), sorbitol (E420), glycerol(E422).  Perhaps your taste buds are “objecting” to one of these?

Have you heard back from either of the labs that specialize in liquid medicines? 

Sending all good thoughts and best wishes to you for a successful taper .... L

Hi L  :hug: I did speak to my pharmacist and she said it won't take it out of solution it will just make it less concentrated as the liquid volume is increased .

Love nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi L  :hug: I did speak to my pharmacist and she said it won't take it out of solution it will just make it less concentrated as the liquid volume is increased .

Well, I don't know if I can accept your proposal, but I'm becoming really attracted to you! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :smitten: :smitten:

Well done, n1!  Thanks for letting us know.  Please also let us know if you hear from either of the labs (Rosemont, Thame). I am giving serious consideration to contacting them myself to ask if they would be willing to share their formulation(s) for clonazepam oral solutions with appropriately qualified professionals (e.g. schools of pharmacy, FDA approved compounding pharmacies) on this side of the pond.

Well, I don't know if I can accept your proposal, but I'm becoming really attracted to you! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :smitten: :smitten:

Ok I will send nude pics shortly  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: The main solvent in the Actavis is PG and PG loves water, that dissolves the Diazepam, and water dissolves PG, I had a good look in the search box and quite a few people used the Actavis Diluted in water to taper off  successfully. I also rang Actavis up and the guy I spoke to said that under ''caution'' it does not say ''not to mix it with water'' but he's not going to recommend doing it it as it doesn't state that it does  say to mix it with water  ::) Anyway he's getting someone else to ring me back on Monday.  From the leaflet here is what it says about food and drink with it, there's no mention of water  ......

Taking Diazepam oral solution with food and drink:

Do not drink alcohol while you are taking Diazepam oral solution. Alcohol may increase the sedative effects of Diazepam oral solution and make you very sleepy. Grapefruit juice may increase the amount of diazepam in your blood. If you are elderly, suffer from cirrhosis or any of the conditions listed in section 2, this could possibly increase the sedative effects of Diazepam oral solution and you should speak to your doctor or pharmacist.Drinks containing caffeine may reduce the effects of diazepam

Actavis 2mg in 5ml oral solution liquid https://www.drugs.com/uk/pdf/leaflet/876519.pdf

Well done, n1!  Thanks for letting us know.  Please also let us know if you hear from either of the labs (Rosemont, Thame). I am giving serious consideration to contacting them myself to ask if they would be willing to share their formulation(s) for clonazepam oral solutions with appropriately qualified professionals (e.g. schools of pharmacy, FDA approved compounding pharmacies) on this side of the pond.

Try them L  :hug: I rang Actavis today and they were cool  8)

Try them L  :hug: I rang Actavis today and they were cool  8)

Ah ha. Smart you!  You talked directly with the manufacturer of your solution re: further diluting it with water.  Great idea.

Feeling effen dreadful today but not sure if its just my normal withdrawal or adding the liquid although I did noticed a deep depression on waking worse than normal morning hell, but have noticed my stomach is very gassy and noisy and that's not my usual, although I do get GI stuff this is different. ???  I'm going to wait for things to calm down and I don't like all those e numbers and  sorbitol and other crap in that bottle I am seriously considering trying the vodka and water method again as its less poisons.

I have worked out that if I put a 2mg pill into 116  of water  plus 4mls of vodka per 2mg pill  makes it 120mls then that should still be .5mg  every 30 days drop.(please correct me if I'm wrong) I may even do so many days tapering with it then hold see how I feel then continue that was my mistake the last time with that brew possibly I think I didn't stop at the first sign of trouble only when I was dying with symptoms that took ages to calm down. I didn't understand or know to be honest it I wasn't talked about then like it is now, that you should stop doing a daily liquid micro taper at  the first twinge of a symptom at the time as it was all new to me and, its was only the cut and hold people that said hold when symptom's crop up.  But nothings written in stone is it? I've seen people  who cut when they weer in hell and instantly improve. 

Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Ugh. I’d give it a few more days but I had the same reaction you did when I read the list of ingredients. 

Your “recipe” would yield a solution with a concentration of .01666mg/mL (2mg divided by 120mLs).  That’s a bit awkward to deal with math wise.

2mg + 4mL vodka + 16mL water would give you a solution with a concentration of 0.1mg/mL.

2mg + 4mL vodka + 196mL water would give you a solution with a concentration of 0.01mg/mL.

Misconceptions and misinformation re: the use of liquid abound on this forum.  One of the misconceptions is that you must use it with a daily microtapering schedule.  In fact, you can use whatever schedule works for you.  I’ve read about members who reduce their dose every third day, every week, every month, etc. with “holds” interspersed.  All of them use their symptoms as a guide re: how much and how frequently to reduce.

Ugh. I’d give it a few more days but I had the same reaction you did when I read the list of ingredients. 

Your “recipe” would yield a solution with a concentration of .01666mg/mL (2mg divided by 120mLs).  That’s a bit awkward to deal with math wise.

2mg + 4mL vodka + 16mL water would give you a solution with a concentration of 0.1mg/mL.

2mg + 4mL vodka + 196mL water would give you a solution with a concentration of 0.01mg/mL.

Misconceptions and misinformation re: the use of liquid abound on this forum.  One of the misconceptions is that you must use it with a daily microtapering schedule.  In fact, you can use whatever schedule works for you.  I’ve read about members who reduce their dose every third day, every week, every month, etc. with “holds” interspersed.  All of them use their symptoms as a guide re: how much and how frequently to reduce.

Hi L :hug: Will give the liquid another but was concerned about the gut issues and the deep depression  I woke up with will see how I feel tomorrow as I didn't take it today, how long did it take you to settle down with the solution and did you have any issues crop up when first using it?

I gave it a full 10 days (determined, in part, by the half-life of my benzodiazepine) - with no other changes.  I also used a combination of regular tablets and liquid (I personally have questions about homemade liquids in general and for my benzodiazepine in particular).

Edit: for clarity

• Popular Now

• [...]
    • [...]