Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Liquid Taper Strategy

[To...]

Hi All

I have been using a strategy that is sort of like daily reduction and sort of like cut and hold. Since I switched to liquid valium I have been dropping .2 mg per week. I figure this is close to dropping at a rate of .03 per day. It's  simple and much easier than when I was cutting and holding with pills, sometimes dropping .5 mg or a whole milligram at a time. That being said, I've never felt stable since  I began tapering from a dose that was already not enough. I don't  think I will be fortunate to have a symptom free taper as some report. I suppose what I'm wondering is whether or not reductions this gradual could offer benefits similar to true daily reductions.  I know everyone has a different experience, just asking in the general sense. Looking forward to hearing any thoughts, cricisms, experiences, or other input on this strategy. Big thanks!

Tom

I have been doing much better since I have begun a daily liquid micro taper with a mix of liquid Diazepam and pills.  It is not symptom free, but in my experience it reduces symptoms greatly from when I was doing cut and hold. 

I did have a stretch where I increased my taper rate and tapered too much to quickly and really felt it in terms of anxiety, headaches, loss of appetite, sleep problems.  My current symptoms vary.  I have had some days really good days  and periods when I am symptom free, and some days or periods when I felt anxious at times and sometimes other symptoms.  As has been repeated, it is a very individual thing.

Right now I am reducing by about .02 mg a day, or .2 ml of the liquid.  It is the smallest marking on the 10 ml syringe and is easiest to use. 

Since I am down to 2.82 mg a day, if I keep going at that rate I will soon be tapering at more than 10% every two weeks.  So I will be slowing the reduction to down reducing the dose by .02 ml/.02 mg every other day instead of every day.  This seems like a simple enough way.  Or I may use a 1 ml syringe along with the 10 ml syringe.  The 1 ml syringe has submeasures in it that will allow me to easily reduce by .01 ml per day.

I mix the solution that Builder has been fantastic enough to help people with.  It is 9 parts water and 1 part of liquid diazepam/valium.  This means that one ml of this mixture is equal to .1 mg of diazepam/valium.

I use the 10 ml syringe to do my mixing.  I mix 20 ml of liquid valium with 180 ml of water in a tight jar, and then use the syringe to draw my daily doses.

If you haven’t tried it , it is worth a shot. Yes builder is fantastic with helping on schedules and doses if you are unsure. And he even responds to my repetitive worry posts and questions when he can lol. Plenty of good people here to help you along the way if you decide to