Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Help needed calculations lorazepam DLMT

[Wi...]

I need to mix up some solution of lorazepam to use for a DLMT to decrease the dose by 0.014 mg per day off of one dose.  (a 10% decrease off of 2mg/day over 2 weeks)

I would like to make up a several day supply of liquid and measure what he needs with a syringe each day.

What is the best way to make up a solution to do this?

I need to mix up some solution of lorazepam to use for a DLMT to decrease the dose by 0.014 mg per day off of one dose.  (a 10% decrease off of 2mg/day over 2 weeks)

I would like to make up a several day supply of liquid and measure what he needs with a syringe each day.

What is the best way to make up a solution to do this?

20mg lorazepam + 40 ml vodka or PG + 160mls water,  That will be a 10-12 day supply of .1mg=1ml liquid lorazepam.

To cut .14mg/day...

2mg                        20ml

1.86mg                    18.6ml

1.72mg                    17.2ml

1.58mg                    15.8ml

etc........

just lower your dose by .14ml each day.

Builder maybe you can help me switch to DMLT With Lorazepam. Although I began on 4mg in the evening, I am simply trying to taper off one 2mg first. I have cut off .055 of one pill (the weight varies from 0.139 to 0.142) so I though DMLT would be more precise. I want to decrease by .001 every three days to preserve sleep. Thank you. Powerball.

Builder maybe you can help me switch to DMLT With Lorazepam. Although I began on 4mg in the evening, I am simply trying to taper off one 2mg first. I have cut off .055 of one pill (the weight varies from 0.139 to 0.142) so I though DMLT would be more precise. I want to decrease by .001 every three days to preserve sleep. Thank you. Powerball.

1)  What is your current dosage?

2)  Are you saying you want to take 2mg by tablet and the rest with liquid?

Oh I am so appreciative you responded to me! Yes, for now I want to keep one 2mg tablet and liquid the rest. On that 2 mg pill my dose is 1.22 mg. But I am struggling around the .054 cut and think I should switch over to liquid. When I have reduced the full 2mg pill I will switch to liquid for the next 2 mg. I want to decrease by 0.001 every three days. Thank you!

Powerball

So for clarification, you are taking a 2mg tablet, plus part of another tablet?

What is your total daily dose/

My total daily dose is 3.22mg, down from 4mg. I started tapering March 31 and that is as far as I got going ultra slow. I take my dose for sleep only. I have been taking one whole pill and cutting off another. My goal is to taper 0.001 every three days. Thank you so much Powerball.

OK...

Combine 10mgs lorazepam + 20ml vodka or PG + 80mls water.

Each day, take 2mg by tablet, then days...

1-3            12.2mls

4-6              12.19mls

7-10            12.18mls

1-14            12.17mls

etc...

Every 3 days reduce your dose by .01ml

BTW, that's a REALLY, REALLY SLOW taper.  (about .13%/14 days)

Builder, do you know if there’s an alternative liquid to vodka? I’m highly allergic to alcohol. I also need to switch my lorazepam taper to liquid soon. Thanks

Builder, do you know if there’s an alternative liquid to vodka? I’m highly allergic to alcohol. I also need to switch my lorazepam taper to liquid soon. Thanks

Note that the maximum amount of vodka you would ever take is 1.2mls.  and that's less than .5ml alcohol.  If you use a mouthwash, you get more alcohol than that.

But you can use propylene glycol in the same ratios.  It will work just as well as vodka.

Builder - I was so excited to get your calculation. Yes, that is an ultra slow taper but my sleep has been preserved 100%. What if I cut my liquid dose by 0.001 every 2 days? Does using the vodka still require me to store it in the fridge? When will I now I have finally reduced my dose 2mg (actually it is now 1.22mg) to ZERO so I can begin to liquid taper the next 2 mg (which is now a tablet). Thank you tons! Powerball

Builder - I was so excited to get your calculation. Yes, that is an ultra slow taper but my sleep has been preserved 100%. What if I cut my liquid dose by 0.001 every 2 days? Does using the vodka still require me to store it in the fridge? When will I now I have finally reduced my dose 2mg (actually it is now 1.22mg) to ZERO so I can begin to liquid taper the next 2 mg (which is now a tablet). Thank you tons! Powerball

Even .001 every 2 days would still be a very conservative taper.  I would give that a try.

Your vodka solution should be stored at room temp.

Builder, how will I know when I have tapered off the 1.2 mg? When my jar is empty? I am going to try to reduce 0.001 every 2 days instead of 3. Thanks Powerball.

Builder, how will I know when I have tapered off the 1.2 mg? When my jar is empty? I am going to try to reduce 0.001 every 2 days instead of 3. Thanks Powerball.

If you create a schedule, as I have shown you, you will know what your dose is, and you will know when you reach zero, or whatever your jump-off dose is.

And how will you know how much to take each day without creating a schedule?