Important Survey - Please Participate ×

.25 K taper help

[ta...]

Hi,

I have gone down to .25mg once daily of Klonopin, and would like to eventually switch to the water taper to finish off.  My pills are .5mg so I could get down to .125 ok and then start the water taper.  How would that look?  I am doing well so far and want to take it somewhat slow at the end, but I am also a short term user- only 3.5 months on any benzo so I don't want to drag this out forever either. 

The one question I have about water taper is how do you know that powered is evenly distributed in the solution in the beaker- if I'm understanding it right you put the crushed pill in the beaker with liquid and then syringe out what you don't wan to take? upping the amount you take out each day until you are taking such a small amount that you feel ok to stop

Thank you for any advice given:) 

K is NOT water-soluble, and it will NOT be uniformly distributed in water.

You need to start with a tiny amount of solvent, (vodka pr propylene glycol) then you can dilute that with water, and you will have a uniformly-distributed solution.

To make a 10-12 day supply of a true solution...

combine 2,5mgK + 5ml vodka or PG + 20ml water.

You will then have 25ml of .1mg=1ml liquid K.  Store at room temp and extract your daily dose(s) as needed.

Thanks builder for the heads up on that- what if I want to start reducing it by less than .1mg, as in .05mg or or even .01mg how would you prepare that solution? I'm only on .25mg right now and have .5 pills not 5mg pills

Thanks builder for the heads up on that- what if I want to start reducing it by less than .1mg, as in .05mg or or even .01mg how would you prepare that solution? I'm only on .25mg right now and have .5 pills not 5mg pills

I didn't post anything about or requiring 5mg pills.

2.5mg is 5 X .5mg tablets.

If you make a .1mg=1ml solution, as I suggested, then .1mg=1ml, .05mg=.5ml, and .01mg=.1ml.

I didn't post anything about or requiring 5mg pills.

2.5mg is 5 X .5mg tablets.

If you make a .1mg=1ml solution, as I suggested, then .1mg=1ml, .05mg=.5ml, and .01mg=.1ml.

You didn't put 2.5 you actually put a coma after the 2 which was possibly misread.  :smitten:

ok great, thanks for clearing that up, so I just need to find a syringe that will work with that, thanks a bunch:)

Oops, sorry about that.

Good catch, Raquel! :thumbsup:

Yes, the correct formula is "combine 2.5mgK + 5ml vodka or PG + 20ml water"

Oops, sorry about that.

Good catch, Raquel! :thumbsup:

Yes, the correct formula is "combine 2.5mgK + 5ml vodka or PG + 20ml water"

You are my hero...  you have helped me so much! NP!  :smitten:

I'm also starting at 0.25 of K. I believe it's suggested we reduce by about 10% every 2 weeks. How much do I reduce by daily if starting with a 25ml solution as described here?

Also, is it necessary to shake the solution every day to ensure the K is distributed evenly?

I'm also starting at 0.25 of K. I believe it's suggested we reduce by about 10% every 2 weeks. How much do I reduce by daily if starting with a 25ml solution as described here?

Also, is it necessary to shake the solution every day to ensure the K is distributed evenly?

25ml X 10% = 2.5ml

2.5ml/14 days = .018ml  Round up to .02mls.

Once your benzo is dissolved, further agitation is not needed (but it doesn't hurt, either!  ;) )

25ml X 10% = 2.5ml

2.5ml/14 days = .018ml  Round up to .02mls.

Once your benzo is dissolved, further agitation is not needed (but it doesn't hurt, either!  ;) )

Thank you!