Important Survey - Please Participate ×

PROTRACTED WD AND OTHER MEDS

[an...]

HI,I HAVEN,T BEEN ON HERE SINCE THE SUMMER OF 09,I WAS FEELIN REALLY ILL THEN,I TOOK KLONOPIN IN 92 AND STAYED ON IT FOR 16 YEARS! WHEN MY DOCTER TOOK ME OFF IN MARCH 08,I THOUGHT I WOULD DIE,I WAS REALLY ILL FOR A YEAR AND A HALF THEN I STARTED TO SEE SOME IMPROVEMENT,HOWEVER,I AM NOW 23 MONTHS OFF AND STILL SICK,SOME OF THE TIME,I GOT STUCK WITH PROTRACTED WD,I HAVE HAD DAYS RE CENTLY WHERE I WAS PRETTY SURE I WAS ON MY WAY TO RECOVERY,THEN,BAM!!!!!  I GOT HIT  AGAIN WITH DIZZINESS LOSS OF BALANCE,DEPRESSION,ANXIETY,FEAFULNESS,IRRITABILITY,CRYING,NOT TO MENTION BEING PERI MENOPAUSEL! I DON,T KNOW HOW I MADE IT THIS FAR,I AM STILL STUCK ON 2 NON BENZO MEDS THAT I WAS ON WAY BEFORE WD HIT,I CAN,T SEEM TO GET OFF THEM RIGHT NOW,I AM STILL STUCK ON TEGRETOL,REMERON,I TAKE SEROQUEL 25MGS IF I AM REALLY STRESSED,I DON,T SEE THE POINT IN GETTING OFF THESE MEDS RIGHT NOW WHILE I,M IN WD,CAN ANYONE GIVE ME ANY ADVICE ON WHAT TO DO RIGHT NOW? I DON,T WANT TO MAKE MYSELF FEEL WORSE,AS I HAVE TAKEN TEGRETOL AND REMERON FOR MANY YEARS,I FEEL STUCK ON THEM,WHAT DO I DO? I TRYED CUTTING BACK AND I FELT MUCH WORSE!      KRISTINE :sick:

• 4 weeks later...

for now, if i was in that spot, i'd stay stable till prepared to possibly feel poorly but wanting to take on further stuff.

i may get flack, but if you need the meds and they work for now, stay there till feeling like doing more. perhaps like me you have a true need for something.

its quite enuff to deal with benzos for now i think.

I feel the same as regaudio, Kristine.  And having been through menopause and the miserable years that preceeded it, I can tell you that that isn't helping either.  How about when you finish "the change" think about tapering down to a lower level of some of the other drugs if that is still a goal.  However, if they are helping you, are not addictive and you can afford them, I don't see the need to get off them.  But that's just me.  ;)