Important Survey - Please Participate ×

I’m confused! Can someone help me with Valium liquid titration calculation?

[Su...]

I am starting my liquid taper from Valium 5 mg once per day. I am planning on dissolving my pill daily. Also, I am dividing my dose into 2 per day (2.5 mg in the am and 2.5 mg in the evening to help with sleep) I am using 80 proof vodka. Here are my questions: 1) How much vodka do I use to dissolve the 5 mg pill?  2) After I dissolve the pill, how much liquid do I add to make up my daily dose? 50 ml?

My Dr isn’t supportive of prescribing the valium and wants me off as quickly as possible, needless to say I am searching for a different physician who is possibly willing to listen and realize that this process could take time. Feeling very frustrated 😢 Thank you for any help.

I am starting my liquid taper from Valium 5 mg once per day. I am planning on dissolving my pill daily. Also, I am dividing my dose into 2 per day (2.5 mg in the am and 2.5 mg in the evening to help with sleep) I am using 80 proof vodka. Here are my questions: 1) How much vodka do I use to dissolve the 5 mg pill?  2) After I dissolve the pill, how much liquid do I add to make up my daily dose? 50 ml?

My Dr isn’t supportive of prescribing the valium and wants me off as quickly as possible, needless to say I am searching for a different physician who is possibly willing to listen and realize that this process could take time. Feeling very frustrated 😢 Thank you for any help.

1) 2ml vodka for each 1mg of diazepam. So for 5mg, you need 10ml vodka

2)  Add 40ml water to the 10ml vodka/diazepam mix, and then you have 50ml dilute liquid, .1mg=1ml