potential problems w/ high fat/keto diet

[Ma...]

Hey data guy, carbs are a problem for me also, but it another way. Lately my fasting blood glucose has been around 100-106. The other day I only ate like 2 servings all day and my glucose decreased to 86 fasting, I've never had issues with my glucose before, I am a slim person and my metabolism has always been great, this drugs are just screwing me in every way possible.

I try to exercise every day, but sometimes my depression won't let me.

Marijuana helps me a lot in psychological terms, but I also get a little jittery from it, so I'm staying away from it until the end of my taper.

Managing my carb intake has been very difficult, especially because like Mamoot, I have very bad GI problems, and bread and bananas help a lot with my gastritis, but they are high in carbs

Blossom

Hi Blossom,

That sounds pretty terrible. Have you considered tapering more slowly or crossing over to diazepam? I've heard from a few people that tapering Clonazepam is just too hard for them. It's a more powerful anxiolytic among other things and it can be difficult to taper. I found  my stomach problems eased a bit when I switched to diazepam.

I think you're right to stay away from marijuana until you recover. It is anxiogenic and could be making symptoms worse. Do you feel any stimulating effect after eating carbs, or just the blood-sugar problems?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ma...]

• [Da...]

• [Ma...]

• [Fo...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey data guy, carbs are a problem for me also, but it another way. Lately my fasting blood glucose has been around 100-106. The other day I only ate like 2 servings all day and my glucose decreased to 86 fasting, I've never had issues with my glucose before, I am a slim person and my metabolism has always been great, this drugs are just screwing me in every way possible.

I try to exercise every day, but sometimes my depression won't let me.

Marijuana helps me a lot in psychological terms, but I also get a little jittery from it, so I'm staying away from it until the end of my taper.

Managing my carb intake has been very difficult, especially because like Mamoot, I have very bad GI problems, and bread and bananas help a lot with my gastritis, but they are high in carbs

Blossom

Hi Blossom,

That sounds pretty terrible. Have you considered tapering more slowly or crossing over to diazepam? I've heard from a few people that tapering Clonazepam is just too hard for them. It's a more powerful anxiolytic among other things and it can be difficult to taper. I found  my stomach problems eased a bit when I switched to diazepam.

I think you're right to stay away from marijuana until you recover. It is anxiogenic and could be making symptoms worse. Do you feel any stimulating effect after eating carbs, or just the blood-sugar problems?

Hi Data guy, I've been tapering 10% every 2 weeks and I am almost done. I just want to be done with this...don't really have the patience to do anymore cuts or anything, I am so tired of all this.I considered switching to diazepam but to be honest I don't want to mix and match anything, and I don't want to see my psychiatrist face again, last time I told her about some bleeding gum issues that I was having because of the med she practically told me it wasn't because of the med, we got in a little argument and she told me that "in all the years of experience that she had no one reported this...blah blah. I just didn't want to hear it anymore and told her basically OK and left. Then I started my own research and found BB.

Carbs make my glucose spike like crazy, I've been having problems with my glucose lately..I am afraid I might deveolp diabetes, hope this goes away....

Hey DG, I wouldn't mind checking out the link to neurotoxicity when you get a chance. Luckily, I don't have extreme reactions to eating carbs but they do make me feel lousy if I eat too many. I'm going to try to adapt to a lower carb diet and intermittent fasting basically trying to do keto again but with most of the plant based fat from extra virgin coconut oil and MCT oil. Lean meats of course. Maybe a few nuts later on. I do miss eating macadamia and brazil nuts.

I've been really struggling lately with the stomach stuff. Been sleeping okay besides the waking up to urinate over 5 times a day. I drink cabbage juice at night. I need to drink it earlier and eat much less to help the issue I think. I seemed to solve the problem of falling back asleep by urinating in a half gallon bottle close to my bed. If I walk to the bathroom at night it wakes me up because I have to leave my bed room and cross a hall etc.. I can almost keep my eyes closed while going in the bottle and just hop back in bed right after and fall asleep right away. Can you imagine if I had a wife and I was pissing in a bottle. Sometimes being single has its perks.

Edit: I'm trying to clean up my diet. I did really good yesterday and today as far as calorie restriction, carbs are pretty low so far for today too. My stomach feels like it's getting some relief again.

• 3 weeks later...

Keto is working great for me.  Been on it for over a year now.  And I don't do a ton of fat (good fats).  I just have one egg in the morning and one chicken burger.  No bread of course.  Then I'll have a salad or other days brussel sprouts or broccoli, etc.  Some times  yes, I cycle and eat sweet potatoes too and even made keto bread one time, but not too often.  I also drink Blueberry juice from Organic Wild Bllueberries.  Good for healing of the brain.  That's about it ....I don't do Fat Bombs or anything like that.  I am a tiny person......no need to eat a ton for my size and stature.

However, you can eat more and do well.  That's just my personal choices for this diet for me.

• 2 months later...