Sleep Setback

[bo...]

Here is the history of my sleep through this process. When I quit c/t on March 21st, 2018, I didn't start sleeping good again until early May. My sleep came back and from May 2018 to August 2018, I slept pretty well most of the time. In August 2018, I started dabbling with supplements and work started again. I stopped sleeping well from like September 2018 to January 2018. My sleep came back a bit in January and I had been sleeping okay from January 2018 up to now. By okay, I mean like five or six hours a night. Now, since I started taking fish oil and a probiotic, my sleep has gone backwards again this last week. I only slept a couple hours last night. I started taking the supplements at the suggestion of a functional doctor. Not sure what I can do going forward. I sill stop taking them and hopefully the setback isn't serious or long-lasting.

Oh. I see.

My older relatives in the mountains used a lot of herbals, but I'm not taking any at this time. I keep seeing posts about various natural remedies making the w/d worse.

I hope you'll be feeling better soon.

Most functional medicine doctors have zero clue how supplements can adversely affect someone in benzo withdrawal. I used to have one and he suggested things known  to give some of us problems and one thing that is contraindicated and set me back for possibly a year. One both of those things you are taking could be exacerbating symptoms. That said, you could just be having a crappy sleep phase. It happens. I guess you could stop taking one or both supplements and see if your sleep goes back to normal. If they're helping in other ways I guess you'll have to weigh your options. I will say that I have doubts that fish oil will improve benzo depression. I know there are studies of it helping with regular depression, but benzo depression is caused by a brain injury, which is a different thing. It will heal with time, though, and on its own.