Anger for No Reason

[bo...]

Stop and drop the thoughts think of positive things you have done with your family and tell yourself this is benzie with drawl. After reading and studying benzo site repeatedly veterans tell everyone that Thoughts will go away in time you have to tell your mind that these thoughts are not you I think be Bstrong had that said in his testimonial the thoughts are not you. We have to re-train your mind

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [bo...]

• [De...]

• [Ro...]

• [tr...]

I've been making some good progress with my anger.  My anger is mostly directed at my husband.  When I get angry, I feel very justified in blaming him for just about anything.  I don't know why this is happening.  In fact, I've gone to therapy for months now and actually have decided to take a break from it, as I don't think it's helping.  I think things are just getting better cause I have started to be more mindful and positive and I've been working really hard on it. 

I actually am doing this workshop for anxiety, but for me, it's anger, but I guess the treatment is pretty much the same.  There's a lot of breathing exercises and meditation.  I am honestly surprised at how much this stuff can have an impact on your mood and perception of things.  I also think it's important to allow thoughts to be, and not necessarily act on them or take them as the truth all the time. 

Thing is, I think this is super hard to do during benzo withdrawal.  I think it's hard to do without benzo withdrawal, maybe?  But I do know, the further out I get, the easier it is for me to allow my thoughts to be, and have more control over my emotions.  I literally could NOT do this while still on benzos.  I couldn't even hear my inner thoughts, let alone, calm myself down.  Everything was much scarier then and way out of my control. 

the more physical activity i do the less angry i am.

i run as fast i can. i run a 10 minute mile a handful of times a week. i used to not be able to run at all, so this is good for me.

if you're in the heat of the moment you can drop down and do push ups.

i now realize i have am not dealing with my emotions properly and that my anger is unmanagable or unreasonable so if i am angry at an old friend or family I JUST IGNORE them until the anger fades. if it takes weeks then so be it. i would rather avoid someone and not talk to them then to blow up at them. when i feel better reconnecting with someone will be easier than appologizing for blowing up at them or doing something crazy. just have to walk away sometimes.

there are people i know who seem to never anger me and i keep in contact with them. it's all about keeping health distance through this period.

we just have to remember it's unrational anger that we can suppress.

spring is here and although it's allergy season getting outside, riding bikes, going to the park, getting out in nature, the woods or a lake, will all help with cooling our anger.

pushthefeeling- Ya know, I have started up exercising regularly in the last 6 weeks, where I have also felt the most progress with my anger too.  I didn't tie the two things in together, but it probably is helping too.  You are right about ignoring them until the anger fades.  Hard to do sometimes when they are right in front of you.  I agree that nature helps quite a bit too. 

I don't understand why my anger is attaching itself to my loved ones. I'm at work and some thought or occurrence makes me uncomfortable and then I just feel angry and it goes back to a loved one for some reason. It makes no sense whatsoever.

Boomboxboy, you need to stop trying to make sense of this stuff. It's not going to make sense. It's your brain trying to heal and it triggers a while host of crazy symptoms. The more time you spend analyzing symptoms, the worse you're going to feel. You're better off if you just acknowledge how you feel and tell yourself it's withdrawal and find something to do. I'd treat it like an intrusive thought.