Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Do most people in benzo w/d experience depression?

[Sw...]

Mine comes and goes.  Its getting to be a pattern.  Depression, body aches the next day.  It seems like when I have the depression I have hardly any WD pain.  I can tell when the depression is coming.  My eyes look like my Dad's did when he had a stroke.  Kind of startled looking.  Then the depression hits.  Lasts about a day and into the next.  then I just come out of it.

Without a doubt and it varies from person to person,ie the personality of the individual,length of time on the drug,but everyone will suffer with depression.

Yes, this is pretty common.

Apathy is also quite common too. :(

TC

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m575/maxmoo/Funny%20Pics/Decor%20Smileys/ditto.gif

Thanks for responding.  I have never really felt depression before.  I think about 3 weeks into being benzo free I started having episodes of depression.  At first they were awful and would last a day or two.  I had feelings that my life was just dreadful - even though deep down I knew my life was good - very strange.  I have had a few more episodes and it seems they are getting less intense and shorter in duration - Thank God.  I pray I never feel like that again!

Not too long after I quit the Xanax, I got hit with a horrible wave of depression -- I have never in my life felt so sad and depressed.  I remember it came on so incredibly strong.  I could actually feel my heart aching.  It was some hardcore mourning and I felt utterly hopeless.  I spent quite a bit of time just sobbing...this after not being able to shed a single tear for quite some time.  It lasted a number of days.  After that, in the earlier months, I was hit a few times like that, but just for a day here or there, or sometimes even for a few hours.  Since then, I've had ongoing depression, but it's never been quite to the degree it was in the beginning.

Definitely a terrible feeling!  Glad to hear your bouts with it are getting less intense and shorter in duration.