Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Can benzos cause dark circles?

[al...]

I used to think that the dark circles that I have had for years were just genetic, but after doing some research there seems to be some suggestions that benzos can cause dark circles, a puffy face and a pale complexion.

Looking back, they only got bad (and they are REALLY bad, like my most recognizable feature) after I started taking sleeping meds. Has anyone had their dark circles clear up after withdrawing? Is this a common symptom of long-term use?

I have always had dark circles, I believe it to be from drug or alcohol abuse, but it turns out that it is from my sinuses.  I have chronic sinus issues,  it causes the veins that drain from my eyes to my nose to dilate and darken, as the skin is so thin in that area it makes it look dark.  It is one of the main causes of panda eyes.

Mine will never go, I look permanently panda-ish

I have heard this too! Don't you hate how you try hard to look your best, you dress nice and shave and do your hair, and then the first thing out of anybody's mouth when they first meet you is "wow, you look tired."

After withdrawing from these medications...I find all that superficial stuff isn't important to me anymore..

Don't get me wrong..I don't want to look like a zombie ;), but most of that stuff I just could care less about anymore...just happy to be here and drug free...:)

TC

After withdrawing from these medications...I find all that superficial stuff isn't important to me anymore..

Don't get me wrong..I don't want to look like a zombie ;), but most of that stuff I just could care less about anymore...just happy to be here and drug free...:)

TC

just look at his avatar for proof,  he was WHITE before benzos  :-X

;) TC

• 2 weeks later...
[8d...]

lmao @ the top posts, I think Benzo's can cause paleness... but hard to tell cause I had pale skin and sometimes dark under my eyes before Benzo's, so I suppose it could, dunno.

K.

:laugh: 

Laughing about the avatars!

I have dark circles and I never had them bad before.  Benzo w/d really messed with my sleep.  My mom can always tell if I have been sleeping well.  She'll see me and say something like, "Oh.  Good for you.  You've been sleeping well!"  If I haven't been sleeping well it is "written all over my face". 

:laugh:   

Laughing about the avatars!

I have dark circles and I never had them bad before.   Benzo w/d really messed with my sleep.  My mom can always tell if I have been sleeping well.  She'll see me and say something like, "Oh.  Good for you.  You've been sleeping well!"   If I haven't been sleeping well it is "written all over my face". 

I usually get, "Wow did someone punch you in the face recently?