Does CT from benzo cause permanent damage in my brain?

[0b...]

5 1/2 years out from a forced cold turkey after 29 years of use and I'm pretty much sure I will never be healed.

Are you still on gabepentin and remeron? It looks like u were trying to taper ......I know many people have an extremely hard time n some don’t.. :-[ it could be possible this is playing in to everything..so don’t be discouraged.....unless I read it wrong.... :-\

ajusta,

No one that I truly believe is telling the whole truth. Always keep in mind that everyone takes benzos for a reason. When you read a post you do not know the entire truth behind it. I admit I hid things, until I reached the point of writing my Success Story. After that I told the truth about it all.

It appears to me that the average person takes about one to two years to heal. But it all depends on many factors and not much is known yet about those things. For example: A person goes on benzos for anxiety. Over time, they may have tolrance WD so become depressed. They are then put on ADs which probably dont do a darn thing. Tolerance WD causes many symptoms, including pain. So then they are put on an opiate for that. Do you get where I am going here? Drugs on top of drugs....NOT a good thing.

When you read posts on any forum, you have to read with a huge grain of salt. Not everyone is being honest. They may be leaving out certain details that would make things clear to you. I dont "diss" people telling tales on the forum, as it is a self protective device. No one wants to be frowned on, right? Once you get healed from this stuff, you may, like me, want to try to tell the truth and only the truth. Benzos do some terrible things to you and your brain. They will make you think things that are not true, do things that are downright stupid or dangerous. Benzos can affect your entire life and all of your relationships. And NOT for the better. Once you start healing you begin to understand the profound changes you have been through. And then....comes the real work of healing your mind WITHOUT drugs.

east

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to email with permission from her asst to ask about benzo withdrawals and what she thoughts the percentage of people in general population in UK to develop withdrawals from benzo use?

Her reply quote:” I think that about 1/3 of people taking benzos for any reason for 6 months or more will experience some form of mild to severe withdrawal. The other 2/3 th will have it to easy to mild symptoms not lasting more than week to one month”.  -(retired) Prof. Heather Ashton

East coast: your right about the prevalence of sufferers that seek help online are the worst case percentages in overall withdrawal cases in the world. Majority of people in the world will not withdrawali badly at all or only have sx’s 1 month or less.

East coast: your right about the prevalence of sufferers that seek help online are the worst case percentages in overall withdrawal cases in the world. Majority of people in the world will not withdrawal badly at all or only have sx’s 1 month or less.

I think the prevalence of suffers that seek help online are the ones that are smart enough to

figure it out for themselves instead of continuing to believe that "doctors know best". I know

I had to figure it out for myself.... and to this day... I have yet to have one "professional" admit to me that "my med was the problem".  We know that benzos continue to be prescribed in increasing amounts and maybe "most of the people in the world" never reach tolerance.... can

stay on benzos for life... have no reason to get off the med.... and therefore never become

a statistic.  Even more... I think those that do have problems are poly drugged for the sxs and are told it was their "underlying condition" that was surfacing.... and they also never become a

statistic.  When what should be a FDA "Black Box Warning" of the dangersous consequences

of benzo usage is instead left to Internet forums such a BenzoBuddies to get the truth out.... someting is terribly wrong and grossly underestimated. If there ever was a conspiracy of silence or omission on multiple fronts, this is certainly one of the top contenders. 

top ( I am shortening your name a bit!)

That is very similar to what I went through. Because I am an RN, I used to trust medicine, doctors, tests, etc with all of my heart. NOT now. I finally got it that ONLY I control my body, including having tests, surgeries, prescription meds. even what doctor I use. I now see a GP who is sort of like an old time doc. NOT controlling and lets me freely choose what I will do and what I wont do. He just makes suggestions and it is up to me to do what I feel is best for me. I no longer trust medical people implicitly. That is gone with the wind.

I slso think you are right that those that find there way to an online forum tend to be a lot more intelligent than most. This is something I have always noticed. I also think intelligent people may have worse withdrawals, because we tend to over analyze stuff. But - on the whole, highly intelligent people know how to get the support they truly need during WD.

And yes, you are right on....there is something terribly wrong that so many people only find help and information on the Internet. That, to me, is the essential mystery about benzos and benzo addiction. Some fellow, a few years ago, managed to get ahold of the studies the drug companies did on benzos. What he found was that they clearly knew how dangerous benzos are, but only made public the "nice" research. Those studies fall under the freedom of information act, but obviously those companies do a lot to keep most people from finding them. I believe he also did the same thing with ADs, and found that the drug companies knew that sugar pills (placebos) did as much good as an AD would. LOL! They just suppressed the truth and that is horrible and terribly scary.