Has anyone tried Flexeril?

[Ho...]

I'm so sorry to hear this Chipmunk.  Doctors here where I live are also ignorant of what to do.  They are callous, unthinking and too quick to prescribe medications. My doc misdiagnosed me and put me on Adivan what he thought was anxiety.  It was my BP, not anxiety.  Now I'm stuck too.

I think Lyrica is for pain.  I am having pain but I cannot take pain meds they make me more sick.  You can get off the Lyrica is it is not helping Can't you?  I hope you can.

I did not sleep last night at all, just rested through the night.  Nothing I could take and this morning woke up shaking most of the day till afternoon.  Now I have a headache.  I changed half my Valium to Liquid and half tablets without any tapering to let my CNS adjust to the change from tablets to liquid and this morning showed me just how sensitive my CNS Still is.  So I am reacting to the change, but I'm going to white knuckle it and pray it does not get worse and stabilizes so I can then begin a taper. 

Dear Jesus, please help Chipmunk to be restored to health and to find better doctors. We pray for miracles for one another Lord and deliverance from these terrible drugs.  Give us back the good health these medications have stolen from us.  We ask in Your Holy Name amen.

thank you so very much again, dear HOPE... for your kind support and beautiful prayer, so grateful :hug:  my prayer was almost word for word as yours -- miracles - yes -- for you, for sleep, calm + stability, too.

yes Lyrica - for pain - that's why Doc Rx'd -- joint pain, Fibro, etc -- but only 4 days, lowest dose, and it caused more pain!  doubled my worst sxs + added new very scary sxs! been a month and still not back to 'baseline' ... just never stable. sorry if i repeat this, so much brain fog.

i'm sorry and so upset we've had these pushy and clueless Docs who've Rx'd this poison and now we are stuck. like many BBs....

so sorry you didn't sleep and feel unwell --i do hope the the change to liquid is not too challenging.  but you are so determined and patient -- i know you will find a solution [sorry, pun], and be able to taper again soon.

it's amazing how you find the energy to write such kind + helpful posts, thank you again  :smitten:

i didn't sleep last night either, after my frantic post -- it's been 5 nights now w/poor sleep. my hub's mom is very ill, so that is also weighing heavy on my mind. 

but was thinking of you and your coping skills... i wish i could do the same, but have been stuck sleeping in a fixed position on my back, w/pillow under my knees due to awful Achilles pain -- which still plagues me.... since July.  >:(

after so long now, i can hardly move a muscle or wiggle a toe w/out setting off spasms /tension. so if i can't sleep, i get really agitated but too weak to get up. so i try to stay still and calm and pray i fall back to sleep, or just lie there and 'rest', like you. my brain races too, looping, etc. so just wish i could roll over into a comfortable position like i used to... SIGH.

that's why not able to reply to many posts atm, just so shattered. owe a few kind buddies a reply here and there.... hope to do so soon.

oh no...can't take pain killers either, not even OTC... make me sick too.... so i understand how frustrating it is -- seems SO unfair too!

i do hope the Mg and other supps you can take help sometimes tho?

i am still mulling over limited options i have to taper...almost did Ashton last night but got anxious + scared + last minute hubs had to go and re-cut my meds back to usual -- useless as they are. oh these diabolical drugs!

again, in agony in only chair i can sit in, and must get up and hobble for 15 min....

logged in but not really present on BB today -- but hope to be back soon...

peace + healing to you, dear Hope  :smitten:

Love you Chipmunk,

MY GP just threatened to cut me off too.  He has no knowledge of these benzos and how it could harm us.

I'm looking for another doctor and calling around come Monday.  Yes, I'm scared too now.  Really scared.

Dear Jesus,

Help Chipmunk, do miracles for her and everyone here on BB and for me too Lord, we ask in Your Holy Name amen.

• 2 weeks later...

Love you too Hope  :angel:

so sorry i missed this reply until now!?

but thankfully found you on LHS and replied there when you reported Re your stupid Doc too !?

thinking of you, yes thank you , praying desperately that things improve and we get the right help!

have you had any luck yet?  internet keeps dropping so can't keep up.

i know we're both scared, trying to stay calm is so hard, but you are so strong, i know you can do it!  but i am a terrified wimp...

as posted here -- i was in a panic then Re my Doc, so we both got on separate threads -- i was trying to get Bella's help w/Ashton table for a few days.

Then... things got much worse for me .....

DVT sxs in left leg!?  --- tried posting for help .... almost 2 wks now and my GP has been even more useless!

she came to measure calf last week and she says it's prob not DVT... ... says prob Lyrica!?

...so upset she made me take it!

she took blood for heart / clot test, to rule it out.... that scared the heck out of me -- and was to call me back on TUE -- but didn't.

then was due to call me today -- but didn't! 

she said mobile doppler could come and do scan -- so waited all week to hear from GP but nothing  :(

really hoped she would arrange that to avoid ER... but nothing!

she can't be bothered to even check on me this week....feel so helpless and hopeless.

foot getting worse --- but afraid to go to ER...!  too debilitated to travel and afraid of hospital and meds...

....so confused since GP said prob Not DVT -- only based on calf size and lack of red rash or heat !?

but she's not called or come back to check on me, leg size, football foot, or whatever...

1 reply to my post on W/D thread said 'go to ER' !  if breathing probs, will do, will  have no choice then. 

dearest Cant posted and also PM'd kind + helpful as ever, Re DVT -- but dumb internet cut out again while trying to read/reply.

trying to use our phone hotspots, but poor signal, so frustrating.

truly hope you're having more success and help since our last posts  :hug:

sorry for panic post, don't want to upset you .... afraid internet will drop again so will post now...fingers crossed....

Hang in there Chipmunk.  Don't give in to fear.  I know it's easier said than done. 

Remember I told you that sugar causes inflammation.  So avoid it as much as possible except for Blueberries and any berries, they are low in sugar.  They actually help the brain to heal.

Celery and parsley juice takes down inflammation too as well as keeps you regular.  You have to strain it but it's worth it.  I put some stevia in it bcuz it's bitter.  I mix it with a lot of water and drink it.  It's is better than aspirin in taking down inflammation.

Keep speaking positive words, I know it's hard when we are scared and we have good reasons to be with these doctors threatening us or ignoring us.  But try not to give in to it.  Think of positive things and speak God's Words of healing.  Remember what the Lord said, "When you pray BELIEVE that you have received it."  So that's what we have to do.

Easier said than done, but that is our walk.  We will be out of this ....you will be better long before I will be.  I wish I was at the lower dose as you are, even with the sxs (which I read are unbearable) least you know you are close to the end of all this.  I have so far to go ......sigh.

Do not give up.

thank you dear Hope :smitten:

for the reminder about diet, inflammation, sugar. i only eat 1 banana and 1 apple a day. 2-3 mint lifesavers,  a tiny bit of honey in plain yoghurt and spoonful maple syrup in porridge.

otherwise, no other sugar, like cookies, cake, choc.... nothing for 7 mths.

but it's so hard, this fear. this drug-induced disability, unable to walk, or even move in sleep.

and now probably DVT b/c Docs disabled me.

trying to stay positive. trying, trying, trying so hard.

your words of wisdom and prayers, so grateful for  :angel:

HOPE -- you are MILES ahead of me!  Years ahead!  you WILL reach freedom soon and in good health, i know it -- you are blessed!

you are able to walk!  go outside, eat properly, and can take some things to help you heal. you are a true fighter and strong, clever, brave.

I am on 8 V + 1.375 K.....! so that's ~35 Valium! or 1.775 K..... all b/c Docs made me disabled  :'(

i know you have health concerns, BP, sleep -- and i keep you in my thoughts + prayers that they don't flare during your taper  :hug:

will try not to give up. will try to believe. so very hard now, so far to go, so debilitated -- how will i survive it ? 

no muscles, no fat, no strength, chronic illness prior, and 2.5 yrs of downward drug spiral.

scared of ER. doppler will not come to me, turns out it's for support hose....

but also scared of dying from whatever is happening in my leg.