When you micro taper will it get harder towards the end

[te...]

If builder could respond ...

builder I am weighing and dropping by 0.001 every 3 days of a 0.5 mg pill of Ativan that weighs 51 I am done to 44 but as it gets smaller it’s harder to do . If I shave to the amount needed then cut doses because I take my biggest dose before bed that I can get to weigh 22 but the smaller ones are getting hard . As time goes on if I shave to the amount needed can I just take that powder and pill amount and make sure that I get that exact does every day till next cut . Or does each dose have to be the exact weight ? Or as the pill gets impossible to cut can I shave to right weight then crush and just divide into similar piles ?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [bu...]

• [te...]

• [of...]

• [Ho...]

If builder could respond ...

builder I am weighing and dropping by 0.001 every 3 days of a 0.5 mg pill of Ativan that weighs 51 I am done to 44 but as it gets smaller it’s harder to do . If I shave to the amount needed then cut doses because I take my biggest dose before bed that I can get to weigh 22 but the smaller ones are getting hard . As time goes on if I shave to the amount needed can I just take that powder and pill amount and make sure that I get that exact does every day till next cut . Or does each dose have to be the exact weight ? Or as the pill gets impossible to cut can I shave to right weight then crush and just divide into similar piles ?

The easiest, most consistent way to do a dry taper is crush a group of pills, then just weigh your dose from that powder.

As for the liquid taper unless your a chemist or really good with math it seems impossible .

I take Ativan witch you can’t use water or milk . Then how much water and how many pills then what is the math for each dose , when someone can’t even think clearly then that is impossible .

I wish there was a step by step and someone who could figure the entire taper

It’s just to complicated for my mind at this state I just try to get thru each hour . Good luck to all . I will keep dry taper and reduce daily hope I will make it it has not been as easy as I have read .

Can you stir cream and sugar into a cup of coffee?  That's how "complicated" preparing liquid benzo is. You combine 3 ingredients.  Drop 1mg of benzo in 2mls of vodka and add 8mls water.

Now your benzo solution is .1mg per ml. so you don't need to do any math, just move the decimal.  Ex:  5mg=50ml, 1mg=10ml, .5mg=5ml .25mg=2.5ml, etc.

Do builder if I mix those together how do I know how many ml I should take to daily taper . One of my pills weigh is 51 I am now down to 44g . What is the math for that

It doesn't have anything to do with weight.  All you need to know is each ml of liquid contains .1 (1/0th) milligram of benzo. 

If you want to take .5mg, drink 5ml, if you want to take .25mg, drink 2.5ml, if you want to take .1mg, drink 1ml, etc.

Figure your dose(s) in milligrams, just like you would with a dry cut, then multiply X 10  (move the decimal)  That's how many milliters you take.

Planning your taper and your doses with liquid is exactly the same as it is with dry cutting/tablet cutting.

Its not complicated.

I would take my 0.5 mg pill of Ativan and add another so it would be 1 mg then add water and vodka I understand that but I don’t understand what amount of a dose I should take right now I am well under 1 mg but I have no idea what because I weigh the pill and shave 0.001 off ever 3 days . The original 0.5 mg weighs 51 I am down to 44 so what would that Amy be in mls ?

0.5 mg tablet I take it and weigh it every morning . Then I take a file and shave it down to we’re my weight is right now that is 44 g on my scale it is a very small pill .

I take off 0.001 every three days so tomorrow I will weigh my 0.5 mg of Ativan shave it with a file until I get to 43 g then stay there for 3 days . Unless I have to hold

0.5 mg tablet I take it and weigh it every morning . Then I take a file and shave it down to we’re my weight is right now that is 44 g on my scale it is a very small pill .

I take off 0.001 every three days so tomorrow I will weigh my 0.5 mg of Ativan shave it with a file until I get to 43 g then stay there for 3 days . Unless I have to hold

...and you think liquid would be complicated??? ::)

So your current dose weighs 43g?  How much does the tablet weigh before you file/shave.  (BTW, I'm pretty sure your dose does NOT weigh 44g.  Maybe .044g?)

Once I understand what your actual dosage is (in mgs), I will show you how simple and easy liquid is!

Yes .044 is were I am at . The entire pill before shaving is 0.51 that is a 0.5 mg pill of Ativan

And that's probably .051g.

Then your current dose is .43mg.  And your cutting approx  .003mg/day or approx  6% /10 days.

Combine 4mg (8 tablets) with 8ml vodka, and add 32mls water.  That gives you 40ml of liquid benzo, .1mg per ml.  Thats approx a 9-10 day supply.

Here is your daily schedule:

.44mg      4.4ml

.437mg    4.37ml

4.34mg    4.34ml

.431mg    4.31ml

etc...

Just reduce your dose .03  (.003mg) each day.

And see, there's no math...just move the decimal (multiply X10)  And no weighing, scraping, sanding, etc.  Just measure up your dose and drink it.       

Thank you builder . Do I drop that .003 daily right now I go down .001 every 3 day would .003 daily be too much of a drop weekly ? I don’t want to go too fast like I did last time I got really sick did 30 percent too fast for me . Thank you for taking the time with me sorry if I don’t understand as quickly as I should I am trying ..just want to have my old self back . Thank you

Thank you builder . Do I drop that .003 daily right now I go down .001 every 3 day would .003 daily be too much of a drop weekly ? I don’t want to go too fast like I did last time I got really sick did 30 percent too fast for me . Thank you for taking the time with me sorry if I don’t understand as quickly as I should I am trying ..just want to have my old self back . Thank you

You can start your liquid taper at the dose you are on today, if that's what you choose. 

The schedule is the same taper rate you are already using, but instead of cutting once every third day, you will cut each day.  The daily cuts are 1/3 of what you were cutting every third day.  Its the same rate, just smaller cuts, more often.  (And that's what a daily taper is all about!)

Ok went to cvs they gave me a 10 ml syringe I understand 4 ml but we’re is 37, you said 4.37 ml ?

Do I need a special syringe ?

You will need a 1ml and a 10ml syringe.

Builder if I don’t start until next week or if I run out of liquid once I do start is it always the same ratio to make the mix 8 pills  8ml of vodka and 32 mls of water

Then just draw what ever dose I am at until the end ?

... is it always the same ratio to make the mix 8 pills  8ml of vodka and 32 mls of water

Yes.  4mgs + 8mls vodka + 32mls water.  .1mg per ml

Then just draw what ever dose I am at until the end ?

Yes.

Im tapering .25mg of ativan every two weeks. Started at 8mg, then, 7.5, now I'm at 7.25. I haven't slept well since I did the last taper. It's a small amount I know, but could I be feeling this? I'm so shaky and anxious, and I'm sick of this already! I'm going to hang in there though. Tired of relying on meds to get me through, there has to be something better after? I have been like this since I was 17, and I'm now 64! Agoraphobia, anxiety forever! Depression too. I don't see a lot of people on here who takes a large amount like me? Thank you for reading this🙃

When I was doing a C&H taper from 15mg V, I was cutting .5mg every 2 weeks.  Each cut caused significant sxs.  At your current dose, .25mg cuts are about the, percentage-wise.

When I switched to a daily microtaper, I had only minor, occasional sxs.

Builder,

really nervous to start this . I am going to wait until Dec 8 when my husband returns from work.

I think I need someone here in the house to help me, even if its just support.

My question is i split this into 3 doses. Like I have said many times before I take 0.5 mg weigh it get the initial weight of 51 then save to 43 now then i use a pill cutter and cut in half. I put one half aside that is what i take at 6pm. Then I take the other half or what is left and split that as best I can and take one piece at 10 am and the other at 2 am.

As i taper should i be tapering from all doses now or should I just keep it as it is. But soon I will only have that 6pm does because the other two pieces are just about crumbs? What i an wondering is beacuse it is ativan and it does not last long will that cause me a problem when I just get down to the 6pm does? I am already not sleeping more than 1 to 2 hours at night , no napping at all.

Anxiety is off and on all day.  Do you have any suggestions.. thank you