Short anonymous survey is now closed!

[pi...]

:)Hi,

I'd found the Benzo Information Coalition just about a week or so ago and just saw this post...wanted to advise I also took the survey-Very glad to see B.I.C. mentioned here.  I can't seem to cut and paste, but I'd made a post on same and include encouragement to take the survey, esp. since it is anonymous, to buddies I PM.  I hope administrator sees and can make it a "sticky tag" (maybe it is; I can't view once I'm in reply; can't open up another window within). 

Wishing everyone wellness, strength and to hang in there :thumbsup:

just took the survey. i hope it isn't too late for me to heal from these things. i'm so scared.

i remember 6 years ago i went to a sleep clinic in santa barbara for insomnia. the doctor just asked me a list of survey questions and then prescribed me xanax without explaining anything to me-- he looked at me and said: "this is some good shit. you don't look like someone who would get addicted, you'll be fine."

6 years later-- man, was he wrong.

:)Hi Goldiekay,

Okay...you're doing great :thumbsup: You came here and this is great place for learning and empathy :angel:

Great that you found this post and took the B.I.C. survey.  The public (including med. "professionals" >:(really need education in benzo w/d.  It's an epidemic which needs to be stopped.  I'd strongly encourage you not to try CT again.  You'll see from many posts and any research you may do, it's def. Not the way to do this.  I did a post under forum Withdrawal and Recovery Support, entitled "Benzodiazepene Withdrawal Symptoms.  Physical and Cognitive/Sensory. Heart.  I gave references to book(s), blogs and websites which I found immensely helpful.  I did a ton of research @ beg. of active dry-cut taper in May and continue to. 

Most of all...listen to your body.  Nobody else knows your own body, like you (incl. med. practitioners).  Some members say not to make a cut more than a certain amount, others dry cut and then do water titration, some do micro-tapers.  Since you're having trouble with the sleep, maybe read up on alternative medicine, i.e. supplements and herbs.  Some members do CBD oil.  (I, myself, am wary of that, but I am having a more difficult time last couple of weeks, so I'm not discounting it either; undecided :-\right now-I also feel while having w/d sx's not a particularly good idea to go trying out different things in my system.)  If you do try any other alternatives, supplements, try to just do 1 at a time, b/c if you do have any side effects, if you do more than 1, you won't know which is giving the side effects. ;) 

You're familiar with the B.I.C. website...there are encouraging, inspirational blogs there, as well as administrators' blogs here.  Lots of people follow the ashtonmanual.  I'm not on valium, so I loosely follow it; I will go there if I get a symptom to check it out to see if it's w/d-but by now, anything that's new I'm surmising is w/d sx.  I'd already made that decision and after reading numerous posts of people (amazingly, to me) running to doctors w/symptoms - said doctors seem to give the same standard response: it's not w/d (they refuse to recognize w/d! >:() and when blood tests come back inconclusive, give pts. yet another rx for same, or another medication!! :o

Try to just "stay in the moment".  When that moment's bad, try distracting yourself.   

You sound like you have a good grasp of the situation.  It's good that at least that doctor just prescribed you the xanax and no z drugs (that's sedatives/sleep meds: Ambien, Sonata, Lunesta...).  Many members have tapered (or are tapering) off those, along w/benzo's and sometimes SSRI's as well. 

I'm okay w/PMs (Personal Message) if you ever want to ask anything and it's something you'd rather not share in a post.  To send myself, or any member a PM, just click on member name and it will bring up that option.  You can also view that members' posts that way. Otherwise, just click reply.  (I'm still learning to navigate site myself:idiot: ;)). Sorry to be welcoming someone else to this nightmare, but bb's the place to be; no one else knows like another who's in same shoes. :thumbsup:

Hey Cuz,

You're so sweet-- thank you for responding! honestly finding this site was a godsend and it's already helped me so much to know that i'm not alone, and to understand my symptoms (cognitive, physical, psychological) for what they really are. I was also wondering about the cbd-- I have some now on me but I remember reading it's better to not introduce any other supplements (not sure which is true, and everyone is different as you mentioned).

I tried going ct about two weeks ago and that's when i started to experience the severe wd symptoms. since then my doctor has insisted a rapid taper (from .75 to .5 instantly). he also isn't benzo-educated and said that yes, i'll be miserable but will survive. great! lol.

i'd love to connect! feel free to dm me whenever. I will probably reach out soon :) hope you get some good sleep tonight <3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Did the survey, quite interesting how many of the symptoms I have that were on the survey.  Xanax is a horrible drug!!!  But we already know that.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...