Just got Botox for never ending head crap.

[dr...]

Hey Siggy...please tell me you’re pretty good...😬.    I tried a 1/4 beer recently and felt symptoms ramp.  Alcohol is definitely out for me for the next few years. 

Yep, been doing pretty well these days. No more issues left for me. The wife and I sold our place and moved to another neighborhood about three months ago. So staying busy fixing the place up. I haven’t had any alcohol in nearly two years. After two really bad setbacks from it, I figure it’s not worth drinking.

8)

My headaches and neck muscle spasms are my worst symptom. The pain is agonizing. I am waiting to get Botox! I have my first appt on the 28th, then have to get insurance approval. Pain is so bad I would pay out of pocket, anything, to make this stop.

Do they do shots in the neck too? What kind of dr did yours? I am in the Atlanta area seeing a neurologist.

My headaches and neck muscle spasms are my worst symptom. The pain is agonizing. I am waiting to get Botox! I have my first appt on the 28th, then have to get insurance approval. Pain is so bad I would pay out of pocket, anything, to make this stop.

Do they do shots in the neck too? What kind of dr did yours? I am in the Atlanta area seeing a neurologist.

I had a neurologist administer a total of 31 shots (320 units) around temporalis and at neck trigger points.

• 3 weeks later...

This is encouraging. I’ve been thinking about getting Botox just for cosmetic reasons but have heard some horror stories about major withdrawal setbacks with the use of it,  but it sounds like no scary setbacks for you at least? Have you heard of other people getting it without untoward symptoms rearing their head?

Thanks!

Just got Botox in Friday for migraines. Hallelujah. Planning on getting it for the next year if it helps some. So far, only a few days, and it is helping!