anxiety on vacation

[Ac...]

I'm on vacation right now,im on an island that has no ER and my PDoc is miles away,he gave me some ativan ti take on my trip with me for emergencies,which I've been good about not taking as I've been having a couple of drinks at night which helps lessen an attack.i dont drink at all only on this vacation,I dont want to take an ativan as I'm scared of withdrawal and am scared everytime as my mind races if I take it and stop after C/T i never take it long term.but it does crush my anxiety in its tracks.im going to try to calm my anxiety,hoping it helps.

Hello,

Great to have a vacation if you have vacations,  I will write it down what are the triggers for the Anxiety/Panic then do the 20 minutes worst case scenario, what it is:  have a 20 minutes full of scary ideas from your list,  have the worst panic attack then you will calm down for hours,  do when it's necessary,  then listen to a relax music, then enjoy your vacations,  eat, walk, play, talk,  you will see the difference.  do not take  Ativan,  in a extreme case I will take valium but not Ativan. 

Good luck