Relationships

[sh...]

Clay,

I know how you feel.  It happened to me.  Just know that you have support here!!  You will get through this.  And, life will be even better than you could imagine!!!   

F4M

Translator, I find myself very jealous of your situation.  I think my husband and I would get along much better if we were living separately.  I just hope our marriage can survive this.  I just had three days of fighting because I was being aggressive.  I think when I'm anxious I tend to get defensive and think the worst of other people.  I can get kind of paranoid and it's not helping my relationship at all. 

I feel like I just don't remember the last few years very well and I feel like I don't know my husband very well even though we've been together for over ten years.  I wonder if these memories are lost for good or they'll come back after I heal.  Reminds me I need to keep a photo album and maybe a journal or diary.  I worry I'm losing the whole memory of my son as a child.

Thankyou everyone for sharing.

My husband has been my absolute rock. Without him I wouldn't have survived this.

But now he is living elsewhere...Today he said and talked about not coming back..its been a month. He lives up the road.

he says its been so incredibly difficult and every time I look at him I just cry for everything Ive put him through and how he has stood by me. Everyone has their limit.

Shania

Shania! I'm so sad, you are in this difficult situation. We are so sensitive, and I understand this is very tough. Do you have problems with the practical? Can anyone help you?

We are here, and think of you. Love and hugs!  /Anna.

Thankyou for your replies. I can cope with most things and am functional. I work a few days a week through my pain and mental symptoms but the years have taken their toll.

It feels like a relief that hes not here but I miss him too. sometimes I'm so sensitive that I cry and cry and other times I'm not too bothered

shania

Hi Shania, parting ways is never easy, it's painful.  I've been there, and at the time I thought I would never get over it.  But we do, life goes on, it will for you too.  You are a strong and resilient person as your posts reflect, you will do fine.  It may sound like an old cliche, but just give it time.  Wishing you much happiness in the future, you deserve it.

Hi greencup. My husband and I have been together for 34 years and our marriage presently is strained to say the least. To say that our spouses, significant others should be more understanding and loving under these painfully horrific times is so easy to say. However, I think they're also scared watching us go down that rabbit hole and not really understanding what's happening. It isn't a terminal disease like cancer, in fact it's benzo withdrawal. I call it PAWS, post acute withdrawal syndrome. Which is what it really is. In fact I sent my husband the Wikipedia version of it, hoping he would read it. As of yet he hasn't even opened it up. I wanted him to learn about the central nervous system and what happens to the brain functions. I wanted him to get a glimpse into what happens to the body in benzo withdrawal. When he reaches out to hold my hand and I can't hold his, I cringe with pain but anxiety and agitation takes over. I know it's not forever. That's what keeps me going.

Hi Shania, parting ways is never easy, it's painful.  I've been there, and at the time I thought I would never get over it.  But we do, life goes on, it will for you too.  You are a strong and resilient person as your posts reflect, you will do fine.  It may sound like an old cliche, but just give it time.  Wishing you much happiness in the future, you deserve it.

Thanks Ginger for your reply. This is the hardest journey of my life that's for sure.

Shania

• 1 month later...
Shania, i have read this whole thread and am feeling so  sad for all of us who have lost so much  through taking benzos.  But the strength of every single person who contributed to this thread is amazing and I am grateful  and encouraged to be able  to read about that!