2nd success story at 12 months - life just gets better

[SS...]

So glad to read this SSRI... I’m glad you prioritized your health over a company. I had been wondering about you for some time now and hoped you were okay....  I hope the Tinnitus abates for you soon and rest as much as you can before starting up your new job. I started my new job last week having also quit my old role... Please continue keeping us updated. It means a great deal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I just want to say thank you for taking the time to inform us all on your healing, knowledge and what helped you.  I literally became your existence for 8 months of my life.  Your success story was book marked on my phone until eventually I memorized it.  I did everything you did, and ate....step by step for the longest 8 months of my life.  Im now healed, just thank you for sharing.

• 2 weeks later...

hey  there confused2020 - WOW - so  so so excited  to read that you  healed.    some people were outright "mean" to me on this site and really ridiculed my post but at the end of the day - i felt if i managed to help even 1 person - it was worth it  .  i've  worked with 6 other people  who reached  out to me directly and all healed  relatively quickly too - were  fully functional by a year.....  so  happy for you - enjoy every moment of your new  life.  i  know  there isn't a single moment  i take for granted  now!!

This is a great story.  Some good takeaways here. 

I’m not sure what your depression was like but I feel it’s getting in the way of a lot of potential healing.  At times I feel like fixing a bowl of cereal is overwhelming, much less preparing foods and sticking to a diet.   

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.  I am 95% off two benzos and in a massive wave at present.  I too was offered benzos to counteract what was thought to be insomnia and vertigo from having Lyme.  It is so wonderful to hear of your success.

What I am taking to heart most is your comments on the power of the mind.  I realize that I am just hitting my roughest ride and lately I've been so discouraged, wondering of the severity of my symptoms is really Lyme disease coming on..... I've been faltering..... anxious and questioning everything...... I really appreciated your detailed symptoms list....  and your accounts of how you were hit with two worst ever massive waves after some healing had happened.  All this is exactly what I needed to hear and I am so grateful for this.

I am healing I am healing I am healing....

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Thank you so much for sharing all that you did to heal!  You are such a kind soul to take the time to write about your story of success.  There are so many wonderful things to take from this.  I love the positive thinking and I 100% believe this is key! 

Thank you again and I am so very happy that you are doing so well!!!

I will be reading this post on a regular basis!!

• 2 months later...

Dear All -  it's a special day for me - realizing it's been 4 years since i posted my original success story.  So much has happened in that time.  After feeling like i lost everything in life, it really provides perspective on how beautiful life is when you get back to normalcy.  I never take a moment for granted,  In the time since my recovery, i bought and renovated my dream home, rescued 2 of the best pups in the world, reconnected with all my friends and family.  Landed some amazing jobs - although one was really a nightmare where i worked 75 hours a week for 14 straight months with no break.... moved on from that - never had any setbacks other than the return of tinnitus during that time...... i hit 15,000-20,000 steps per day most of the time.  this was after totally losing my ability to exercise during  withdrawal.  And the best news yet, the day before my 46th birthday in august, i met the love of my life - my soul mate.  He far surpasses anything i ever could have hoped and dreamed for.......  so what i am saying is, don't give up.  there is an amazing life on the other side of this waiting for you.  it will be the toughest thing you ever endure but it's worth the suffering.

some other updates  - i had posted a while back that after 4 years - i was finally able to take magnesium - well - that lasted about 3 weeks - i started to notice i was having bad nightmares in my sleep.  when i stopped the magnesium - the nightmares stopped.... i think for me - since the meds went paradoxical - i will never be able to take things that hit GABA directly.  i have had a drink here and there in the past year - nothing horrible resulted but i am not willing to take the risk to drink routinely - just saving it for special occasions.

i am having to get through peri-menopause without bioidentical hormones - it stinks but not worth facing any setbacks...... i remain on a fairly strict diet in the sense that i dont consume any caffeine, soy, dairy, gluten but that still leaves a huge variety of food that i enjoy.  every once in a while i splurge and have a piece of pizza or some ice cream but only occasionally - it makes it that much more enjoyable when i do.

i still take a long list of  vitamins - i think i shared  i had already been on a long list because i have bad genetics.  i dont mind taking them  - i have a weekly pill case and i just put them in for the whole week every sunday - takes 10 min and i feel like a million bucks.  people guess that i'm 30-32 when i'm 46!  here is the list of what i continue to take:

B1 - 100mg

B2 - 100mg

B5 - 450mg (pantethine)

B6 - 25 mg

B12 - 1000 mcg (hydroxy)

Vitamin C - 500 mg

Vitamin E - 400 IU

Beta carotene - 10,000 IU

Zinc Balance - which is zinc/copper in proper ratio - twice a day

CoQ10 - in form of ubiquinol - 100mg

Omega 3 - nordic  naturals

Vitamin D - 5000 IU

Potassium - 99mg twice a day

sea salt 1/4 teaspoon twice a day

bentonite clay - 1 capsule daily  (keeps body pH from getting acidic)

At night i take taurine, inositol and herbatonin 0.3mg for sleep - i sleep like a rock and wish i had found these  years ago so i never  would have gone down the path of seeking meds for sleep

the only prescription i take is my thyroid med.  i never even take advil or tylenol.

I forgot to include something so amended this - i get asked a lot of questions about these topics - so will just say - i managed to heal without doing any exercise, any meditation, didnt address severe gut dysbiosis, no magnesium or any other supplements - as i've mentioned-  i don't consider vitamins the same as supplements.  i healed with practically getting no sleep at all the first 5 months.  i share this not to say exercise and meditation are NOT the answer - as it clearly is for some  - but to reassure those who aren't able to do these - that it doesn't mean there is no hope for healing.  i initially worried - having read so many success stories that indicated exercise and meditation were the keys to healing - that i would never heal.  what i think we can say - is we are all different - genetically - our medication use / history is different - thus there is no "one way" to heal from this.  i took a really strict approach because i had no alternate income and i couldn't work - so i felt i needed to give myself the best chance possible to heal more quickly.  what worked for me may not work for others but i have worked with a few others who did heal in 6-12 months.  these individuals had only used benzos and were not in a situation where they were on additional classes of psych meds.  each class of meds causes different imbalances and issues - so he healing from each can be quite different.

Keep the faith that there is a beautiful life on the other side of this.  Wishing those who celebrate - a Merry Christmas and to all - a Happy New Year - 2022 may be your year!! 

SSR, Thank you so much for this post today.  Of all days, Christmas Eve, and you came here to reassure us.  I really needed to read this.  Happy Holidays and all the best for the New Year.

Thank you so much for coming back to offer encouragement. You helped me tremendously in the past and I am doing so much better now. Happy Holidays to you also!!! :smitten: :smitten:

Love

PG

Thank you for this post! It is so appreciated and gives me hope. Can you tell me how you would approach a taper? For example, I’m tapering from Lorazepam. Currently at .5 mg once daily. How do you feel about short acting benzos and which tapering method and dosing schedule would you use? How would you approach tapering if you went down too fast in the beginning? I’m stuck and struggling. Sometimes cold Turkey seems like the better option to get the brain going on healing. Do you believe the brain can heal while tapering? Thanks so much! So much knowledge you have that I agree with. Would love some help.

-ABr

Hi ABR - since i didn't taper - it is hard for me to give advice - i know cold turkey is never recommended but since the meds turned paradoxical on me  - each dose brought on panic - not relief - so there was no way i was going to endure a taper...... i personally think people should stick with the poison they know - my sister came off ativan way easier than i came off valium..... i think stick with the poison your body already knows..... probably with short acting you need to dose multiple times per  day in tiny increments..... but again  - i dont really want to offer advice - this just seems to make sense to me scientifically but i have no experience  with it.  i dont think there is  any "pain free" way of coming off these  meds.  i suspect tapering helps the body ease out of the physical dependence so  there is certainly healing going on but i think the true healing starts once its out of your system entirely - which is a huge shock to the body and brain.... stay strong - know that there is healing going on even with horrific symptoms are occurring  - i went through seizures and horrific cardiac issues and all the other terrible things...... but your body will heal and you will return to an even better life than you had before this because everything will seem new, magical and wonderful.  wishing healing to everyone. 

Hi ABR - since i didn't taper - it is hard for me to give advice - i know cold turkey is never recommended but since the meds turned paradoxical on me  - each dose brought on panic - not relief - so there was no way i was going to endure a taper...... i personally think people should stick with the poison they know - my sister came off ativan way easier than i came off valium..... i think stick with the poison your body already knows..... probably with short acting you need to dose multiple times per  day in tiny increments..... but again  - i dont really want to offer advice - this just seems to make sense to me scientifically but i have no experience  with it.  i dont think there is  any "pain free" way of coming off these  meds.  i suspect tapering helps the body ease out of the physical dependence so  there is certainly healing going on but i think the true healing starts once its out of your system entirely - which is a huge shock to the body and brain.... stay strong - know that there is healing going on even with horrific symptoms are occurring  - i went through seizures and horrific cardiac issues and all the other terrible things...... but your body will heal and you will return to an even better life than you had before this because everything will seem new, magical and wonderful.  wishing healing to everyone.

25 months 12.25.21 I can't wait any longer for this!  :smitten:

SSR1975, I’ve been meaning to say thank you for a long time. I discovered bb from a google link to this success story. It was the first time I recognized I was experiencing a withdrawal syndrome and has been my roadmap to healing. I haven’t been as disciplined in some areas, and that’s no doubt slowed things, but at 20 months I have healed significantly. Thank you so much for sharing your story and as much evidence-based suggestions for the healing process as you could. I can honestly say that, even though we’ve never met, you’re one of the folks who has saved my life. Happy holidays!

Thank you for continuing to come back.  It is so good to hear news of your recovery and thereafter.  Thank you.

Dear All -  it's a special day for me - realizing it's been 4 years since i posted my original success story.  So much has happened in that time.  After feeling like i lost everything in life, it really provides perspective on how beautiful life is when you get back to normalcy.  I never take a moment for granted,  In the time since my recovery, i bought and renovated my dream home, rescued 2 of the best pups in the world, reconnected with all my friends and family.  Landed some amazing jobs - although one was really a nightmare where i worked 75 hours a week for 14 straight months with no break.... moved on from that - never had any setbacks other than the return of tinnitus during that time...... i hit 15,000-20,000 steps per day most of the time.  this was after totally losing my ability to exercise during  withdrawal.  And the best news yet, the day before my 46th birthday in august, i met the love of my life - my soul mate.  He far surpasses anything i ever could have hoped and dreamed for.......  so what i am saying is, don't give up.  there is an amazing life on the other side of this waiting for you.  it will be the toughest thing you ever endure but it's worth the suffering.

some other updates  - i had posted a while back that after 4 years - i was finally able to take magnesium - well - that lasted about 3 weeks - i started to notice i was having bad nightmares in my sleep.  when i stopped the magnesium - the nightmares stopped.... i think for me - since the meds went paradoxical - i will never be able to take things that hit GABA directly.  i have had a drink here and there in the past year - nothing horrible resulted but i am not willing to take the risk to drink routinely - just saving it for special occasions.

i am having to get through peri-menopause without bioidentical hormones - it stinks but not worth facing any setbacks...... i remain on a fairly strict diet in the sense that i dont consume any caffeine, soy, dairy, gluten but that still leaves a huge variety of food that i enjoy.  every once in a while i splurge and have a piece of pizza or some ice cream but only occasionally - it makes it that much more enjoyable when i do.

i still take a long list of  vitamins - i think i shared  i had already been on a long list because i have bad genetics.  i dont mind taking them  - i have a weekly pill case and i just put them in for the whole week every sunday - takes 10 min and i feel like a million bucks.  people guess that i'm 30-32 when i'm 46!  here is the list of what i continue to take:

B1 - 100mg

B2 - 100mg

B5 - 450mg (pantethine)

B6 - 25 mg

B12 - 1000 mcg (hydroxy)

Vitamin C - 500 mg

Vitamin E - 400 IU

Beta carotene - 10,000 IU

Zinc Balance - which is zinc/copper in proper ratio - twice a day

CoQ10 - in form of ubiquinol - 100mg

Omega 3 - nordic  naturals

Vitamin D - 5000 IU

Potassium - 99mg twice a day

sea salt 1/4 teaspoon twice a day

bentonite clay - 1 capsule daily  (keeps body pH from getting acidic)

At night i take taurine, inositol and herbatonin 0.3mg for sleep - i sleep like a rock and wish i had found these  years ago so i never  would have gone down the path of seeking meds for sleep

the only prescription i take is my thyroid med.  i never even take advil or tylenol.

I forgot to include something so amended this - i get asked a lot of questions about these topics - so will just say - i managed to heal without doing any exercise, any meditation, didnt address severe gut dysbiosis, no magnesium or any other supplements - as i've mentioned-  i don't consider vitamins the same as supplements.  i healed with practically getting no sleep at all the first 5 months.  i share this not to say exercise and meditation are NOT the answer - as it clearly is for some  - but to reassure those who aren't able to do these - that it doesn't mean there is no hope for healing.  i initially worried - having read so many success stories that indicated exercise and meditation were the keys to healing - that i would never heal.  what i think we can say - is we are all different - genetically - our medication use / history is different - thus there is no "one way" to heal from this.  i took a really strict approach because i had no alternate income and i couldn't work - so i felt i needed to give myself the best chance possible to heal more quickly.  what worked for me may not work for others but i have worked with a few others who did heal in 6-12 months.  these individuals had only used benzos and were not in a situation where they were on additional classes of psych meds.  each class of meds causes different imbalances and issues - so he healing from each can be quite different.

Keep the faith that there is a beautiful life on the other side of this.  Wishing those who celebrate - a Merry Christmas and to all - a Happy New Year - 2022 may be your year!!

CharlieWaltz thank you so much for your kind words - it made me smile so deeply...... i wish i could spare everyone in this forum from what they are going through but to hear that even one person benefitted from my success story makes me feel really happy. 

And PreacherGirl - so glad to hear you continue onward and upward. 

we are all connected through having gone through this experience - stay strong, determined and believe a beautiful life awaits :)

Thank you for This thread and for coming back! Before this mess I used to work out a lot, always ate clean and took vitamins, my main symptom is dizziness, especially when my eyes get too stimulated.. do you have any advice for that? I saw yours lasted 4.5 months

Hinterello SSR1975,

Can you share what you believe was most beneficial for the dizziness, interal shakiness and weakness?

GOD BLESS YOU SSR1975, THANK YOU FOR YOU WILLINGNESS TO ALWAYS COME BACK, SHARE YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND UPDATE US ON YOUR PROGRESS AND LIFE EXPERIENCES.

.....YOU ARE THE GIFT TO US THAT KEEPS ON GIVING!

Thank you sooo much for sharing your ideas and it is extremely kind of you to keep coming back. The idea of avoiding gluten really clicked in my mind. I unsuccessfully looked throughout the thread for a working link to the neuro-excitatory food list and even removed the letters "try" at the end of the link as people suggested. Does someone know how I could see the list? Thanks again!

SSRI1975, Many thanks to you for returning and for this extensive and highly informative message. I am grateful to read your words and so much of it resonates with my own findings and set of experiences.  I'm glad your life is going well! 

Helen

my personal suspicion is that the dizziness is linked to the adrenal glands being out of whack,  healing the adrenals was a big focus of mine.  i think taking potassium with breakfast and dinner and the 1/2 teaspoon sea salt at same time took the burden off the adrenals.  believe me drinking salt water isnt pleasant - i would just drop the salt into my mouth and then shoot it down with water rather than stirring it into water and trying to drink,  the other vitamins that nourish the adrenals are vitamin C, B5 (in the form of pantethine -i take Jarrows 450mg - it is SOY FREE , many other products are sourced from soy which is to be avoided), beta carotene and Vitamin E

if your adrenals are shot - then exercise unfortunately should be avoided - it puts too much strain on the system.  deep breathing exercises will be key to trying to calm the system down. 

Thank you for your answer, I’ll had potassium too, and I’ve read also lysine and arginine are good. I also take vitamin c/d omega 3 and a multivitaminic. Sometimes I take also taurine or magnesium, and just a few times nac and theanine

Dear SSR1975

I am surprised how you are so talented through this thread. I am sorry if I missed the mention of your background.

May I ask if niacin (vitamin B3) is positive allosteric modulator(PAM) to GABAA receptor? Because I knew "niacinamide" is PAM (r.f, http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/54028-treating-anxiety-safely-effectively), therefore I have been taking "niacin" 2g a day along my tapering.

What I might misunderstand about them...

- niacin is vitamin b3 while niacinamid is the non-flushing form of niacin.

- they are different chemical formula, so only niacinamid is PAM to GABAA receptor.

Is it wrong?

SSR1975,

I've just been reading this thread - thank you so much for all the great advice.

I'm desperately needing sleep support. Can you say *which brands and how much you use for*:

taurine, inositol, and seriphos?

(I found the herbatonin)

Also, one of my biggest issues is nausea. It sounds like maybe you didn't have that? I'm chronically nauseous all day and not functional. If you have any thoughts, I'd love to hear.

I'm also a '75 baby. This whole thing really hit me by surprise as I thought I was treating SIBO and gastroparesis then realized it's been benzo tolerance withdrawal all along. And I've been at an extremely low dose. Truly suffering. Great to hear you have healed from this nightmare!

hi open  road - i tend to stick  with Solgar, Jarrows, NOW, SeekingHealth or Doctors Best brands whenever possible - these arent necessarily the most supreme brands out there but most of the time they state there is no Soy gluten or dairy in the products which is helpful for many people to avoid

taurine - i take solgar 500mg  inositol - jarrows powder form - 1/2 tsp which equates to 1200mg i believe.  the goal should always be to take the lowest dose to achieve a positive outcome

i think i've also shared i did resort to unisom  at times when i really needed sleep - it comes in 25mg tabs - i only took 1/3 a tab and it was enough to get 4-5 hours of sleep which felt miraculous when getting none.

the question about niacinamide - i did take it briefly but it is not on my current list - i think i used it for a few months - i was uncertain about its value so stopped- i can say when i stopped i did not notice any ill effects to suggest it had been serving in the "gaba" role.  i've seen people post protocols about using extremely high doses - around 2 grams of niacin and somehow that got them off benzos unscathed.  i never tried it and feel - in general - doing anything extreme usually doesnt have a good outcome but people  should do what they feel best.  it seems to have worked for some people