• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [In...]

• [Du...]

• [NJ...]

• [Li...]

Top Posters In This Topic

so i just spent an hour reading how the orange ACCORD clonazepam sucks and the yellow SOLCO/Par Pharmaceuticals, an Endo Company Clonazepam 0.5mg Tablet (This medicine is a yellow, round, scored tablet imprinted with "V" and "2530". and is manufactured by Par Pharmaceuticals, an Endo Company) are much better...

well i had no idea, have been taking these orange ACCORD "sugar pill" generics made in china for i dunno how long now, i suppose 6 months or possibly much longer..got brain fog right now...probaly for longer than a year...i barely remember taking my .5 clon in another color or shape pill so probably years ago. 

anyways, if my body is used to taking the crappy ACCORD generics, then when i use them up and switch to the stronger yellow SOLCO/Par Pharmaceuticals ones, won't i be making a huge jump up in my actual clonazepam dosage? i have 27 days left of crappy ACCORD which i'm used to, and then i have 2 months/60 days of the stronger SOLCO ones.

what should i take? if i'm already used to the ACCORD then should i continue with them?

is there a way to easure the actual benzo in each to compare the difference?

and if there truly is less or no benzo in the orange ACCORD pills that i've been taking, then won't my taper off of them be easier/faster?

thanks in advance for any advice. i'm going to post this in my intro page also in case it doesn't get seen here.

nomore,

As far as I know, Accord pharmaceuticals, solco pharmaceuticals, and Par pharmaceuticals are all separate companies.

Accord is part of Intas pharmaceuticals located in Ahmedabad, India. It’s US headquarters is in Durham, North Carolina.

Solco is part of Zhejiang Huahei pharmaceuticals in China, and has its US headquarters in Prinston, New Jersey.

And Par is part of Endo pharmaceuticals as you said. Endo has its headquarters in Dublin ,Ireland with US headquarters in Malvern, Pennsylvania. In 2015, Endo acquired Par pharmaceuticals and has US offices in New York. Michigan, Connecticut, and also Chennai, India.

If you are acclimated to Accord clonazepam and feel well enough on them, I would continue to take them if you have a choice. You mentioned having 60 days worth of Solco to take so I just wondered if you had to take those, or if your doctor could write you another prescription for the Accord if you want to “not switch “ to Solco.

As far as I’m aware of, we as consumers are not able to measure the true amount of clonazepam in any of these tablets. It seems all of the generic brands of any benzo can vary by 20% less of the essential ingredient (clonazepam in this case) up to 25% more of the essential ingredient according to FDA guidelines.

Most people find that whatever they are used to taking will most likely taper that benzo in the amount of time they need to take. That means if they can taper faster than others and still find that their sx are manageable and tolerable, they will get off faster than others. And other individuals will take longer as they need the time to taper slower to make the withdrawl sx manageable and tolerable for them. We are all different people here, and thus our taper times may differ also.

I took a look at your introduction page. You have taken several different psychotropics, and that also must be taken into account as far as your taper as each psychotropic taken can add to taper time by changing the balance of the gaba/glutamate balance in the Central Nervous System.

nomore,

As far as I know, Accord pharmaceuticals, solco pharmaceuticals, and Par pharmaceuticals are all separate companies.

Accord is part of Intas pharmaceuticals located in Ahmedabad, India. It’s US headquarters is in Durham, North Carolina.

Solco is part of Zhejiang Huahei pharmaceuticals in China, and has its US headquarters in Prinston, New Jersey.

And Par is part of Endo pharmaceuticals as you said. Endo has its headquarters in Dublin ,Ireland with US headquarters in Malvern, Pennsylvania. In 2015, Endo acquired Par pharmaceuticals and has US offices in New York. Michigan, Connecticut, and also Chennai, India.

If you are acclimated to Accord clonazepam and feel well enough on them, I would continue to take them if you have a choice. You mentioned having 60 days worth of Solco to take so I just wondered if you had to take those, or if your doctor could write you another prescription for the Accord if you want to “not switch “ to Solco.

As far as I’m aware of, we as consumers are not able to measure the true amount of clonazepam in any of these tablets. It seems all of the generic brands of any benzo can vary by 20% less of the essential ingredient (clonazepam in this case) up to 25% more of the essential ingredient according to FDA guidelines.

Most people find that whatever they are used to taking will most likely taper that benzo in the amount of time they need to take. That means if they can taper faster than others and still find that their sx are manageable and tolerable, they will get off faster than others. And other individuals will take longer as they need the time to taper slower to make the withdrawl sx manageable and tolerable for them. We are all different people here, and thus our taper times may differ also.

I took a look at your introduction page. You have taken several different psychotropics, and that also must be taken into account as far as your taper as each psychotropic taken can add to taper time by changing the balance of the gaba/glutamate balance in the Central Nervous System.

hi Intend,

thanks for the info!

yeah i'm thinking my insurance and dr are not gonna want to give me another 60 days of my old ACCORD generic to replace the 60 SOLCO generics i already filled because it looks like drug seeking behavior! so i don't know what todo now. i had not intended to begin a clonazepam taper until after my SSRI/quetiapine taper was finished! but i also don't want to start taking a stonger version of generic clonazepam in the next 2 weeks with no time to gradually switch! i'm kinda panicking here.

nomore,

I totally get you. It’s hard to “time” all of this correctly. I’m wondering if you can talk to your doctor and ask him/her what to do.

I made a mistake at the pharmacy and accepted an entire bottle of Sandoz clonazepam w/o looking at it. Paid for it, walked right out the door thinking it was Actavis Clonazepam. My husband called the pharmacy up and explained how it didn’t worked well with me. Then I sent an email to my doctor. Between the pharmacist and her, I got the Actavis, and got rid of the Sandoz.

I’d try that; just contact your doctor ASAP, get an appt even if you have to self pay. If you self pay, I wouldn’t think the insurance would be involved at all, and if the doctor can contact the pharmacy, you can self pay there also.

I think you should try at the very least. Don’t panic yet.

ok Intend... i will talk to Hubbs tonight and see if he thinks we can afford to do a self pay visit and him to get a day off to drive me to the appointment...

it's a hassle, buyt if it will work to get me the same pills my body is used to, it would be worth it.  i think i'll tell the pharmacist first and see if they will accept the old bottle of 60 SOLCO pills (i know it's trash and they can't restock with it but they could see i'm not trying to get more drugs to sell or to take myself) and maybe then go from there and ask my dr.

the only thing is, what if we make an appt, and she says no...what if she refuses to rewrite it for replacement pills of my ACCORD generic? how do i make the switch to the new SOLCO generic which is reportedly stronger, by 25% switch? what would that look like i mean? i only have enough ACCORD pills for about 12 more days.

thx for everything!

nomore,

Everyone who changes these generics feels them differently. I am highly sensitized by 6 switches of generic clonazepams. So believe me, I pick a very slight micro cut very quickly.

Around here, the latest generics we have is Accord and Solco in most of the pharmacies.

I know people here on BB who have been switched to solco, and they feel it’s worse than Accord, and others who are incorporating Accord into their regular generic (whatever it is) so that they can acclimate to Accord.

I’m not sure how this happened to you. It sounds like when you went to the pharmacy, they had changed the generic clonazepam from Accord to solco. That happens here all the time. One month you get Accord, and the next month, you get solco.

If that’s the ways this happened to you, then you may just have to acclimate to solco, and put up with this BS.

Your Doctor may want not to write “dispense as written” on the Rx as you say and whether or not the doctor is willing or not to do that, Accord may not be even available in your area.

This has to do with the supplier/distributor/wholesaler that the different pharmacies use.

I would call your pharmacy and other pharmacies in your area to see if they can still even get the Accord. If none of them can even get it, you will just have to acclimate to solco. Their is no evidence of any kind that solco is stronger or “better” than any generic of clonazepam. Forget about that 25% stronger crap.

Yes, the acclimation will be difficult because you only have 12 days left. I acclimated to all these different clonazepams with plenty of the previous ones left. Acclimation ability also varies by person, but I agree you’re in a tight spot. Some people just start taking the new ones the next day, while others do it gradually.

I’m guessing that your doctor knew nothing about the switch to solco from Accord. And so many of these doctors could care less because they don’t know much about benzos. I emailed my doc about my problem, and she fixed it with the pharmacy, but I’m not sure what kind of relationship you have with your doc.

I’d just say to call around about finding the Accord. Here, CVS has a contract with Accord for a year, while another compounding pharmacy has a contract with solco. And I also asked Walgreens here, and they had Accord. Whether or not it was a contract or not is something I don’t know. I kind of think it was because the staff there did tell me that the previous clonazepam (mylan) was there for way over a year. But when mylan stopped making clonazepam, Accord was what they got.

I’d call both CVS and Walgreens if you have them and see if they have Accord and try to contact your doctor. With I had better answers for you. I truly do.

nomore,

Everyone who changes these generics feels them differently. I am highly sensitized by 6 switches of generic clonazepams. So believe me, I pick a very slight micro cut very quickly.

Around here, the latest generics we have is Accord and Solco in most of the pharmacies.

I know people here on BB who have been switched to solco, and they feel it’s worse than Accord, and others who are incorporating Accord into their regular generic (whatever it is) so that they can acclimate to Accord.

I’m not sure how this happened to you. It sounds like when you went to the pharmacy, they had changed the generic clonazepam from Accord to solco. That happens here all the time. One month you get Accord, and the next month, you get solco.

If that’s the ways this happened to you, then you may just have to acclimate to solco, and put up with this BS.

Your Doctor may want not to write “dispense as written” on the Rx as you say and whether or not the doctor is willing or not to do that, Accord may not be even available in your area.

This has to do with the supplier/distributor/wholesaler that the different pharmacies use.

I would call your pharmacy and other pharmacies in your area to see if they can still even get the Accord. If none of them can even get it, you will just have to acclimate to solco. Their is no evidence of any kind that solco is stronger or “better” than any generic of clonazepam. Forget about that 25% stronger crap.

Yes, the acclimation will be difficult because you only have 12 days left. I acclimated to all these different clonazepams with plenty of the previous ones left. Acclimation ability also varies by person, but I agree you’re in a tight spot. Some people just start taking the new ones the next day, while others do it gradually.

I’m guessing that your doctor knew nothing about the switch to solco from Accord. And so many of these doctors could care less because they don’t know much about benzos. I emailed my doc about my problem, and she fixed it with the pharmacy, but I’m not sure what kind of relationship you have with your doc.

I’d just say to call around about finding the Accord. Here, CVS has a contract with Accord for a year, while another compounding pharmacy has a contract with solco. And I also asked Walgreens here, and they had Accord. Whether or not it was a contract or not is something I don’t know. I kind of think it was because the staff there did tell me that the previous clonazepam (mylan) was there for way over a year. But when mylan stopped making clonazepam, Accord was what they got.

I’d call both CVS and Walgreens if you have them and see if they have Accord and try to contact your doctor. With I had better answers for you. I truly do.

hey Intend,

i called walgreens here and the pharmacist said their contract with ACORD says "indefinite" but it could change come jan 1 2020, so i repeated back to make sure they would at least have the ACCORD clonazepam until the end of this dec 2019 and she said yes.

so...i got a 3 month refill to be picked up tonite or tomorrow and i'll talk to my dr before the 3 months refill is used up, and try to get her to write dispense as written for ACCORD generic that i'm accustomed to. then if i have to change there is one other pharmacy, a compounding mom n pop one that our insurance allows us to use, and they have come thru for me before on a different med that i needed a specific manufacturer. so hopefully walgreens will continue their "contract" with ACCORD, but at least it bought me a little time. [glow=red,2,300]panick attack averted![/glow]

thank you for helping me thru this, and to stay calm ,and for understanding my situation with not wanting to have to acclimate to a higher potentcy pill in 12 days! it's really sad and makes me mad that the drug companies can trifle with us like this. we're trying hard to take responsibility for our lives by getting off the meds slowly and methodically and they throw this stuff at us like a monkeywrench in the machine!

thx again

nomore,

You’ve just taken the words out of my mouth! When you said “here we are taking responsibility for our lives and trying to get off these meds slowly and methodically and then the drug companies throw a monkey wrench into the machine,” that is the way so many of us feel.

I’m so glad you did your homework here, called around and found 2 sources to get the Accord.

Mission accomplished!

right on Intend!

mission accomplished.. for now! lol

i'm so glad to be here with yall. not alone anymore in this. :smitten:

[58...]
I'm sure this has been asked in here but I can't scroll through 84 pages. Can someone please tell me if actavis is comparable to Teva? I know Teva took it over but don't know if it's a similar pill.

I'm sure this has been asked in here but I can't scroll through 84 pages. Can someone please tell me if actavis is comparable to Teva? I know Teva took it over but don't know if it's a similar pill.

Clara,

I started out on Actavis, and found it to be fine. I’ve been through 6 switches of different clonazepams that have a variety of “not good” sx for me. But through all this, I’ve never taken the actual teva clonazepam.

But now I’m taking the teva orally disintegrating tablets made by teva, and they seem quite comparable to Actavis for me. Others have reported that Actavis is much different and problematic for them.

It just comes down to the individual as far how Actavis  work for you.

Hi everyone ,

I wanted to give an update on my switch from Teva to Accord Clonazepam

I'm now at 50/50 Teva / accord .

My experience is , with this sub , that I had WDs for about  10 days with the switch out of one more pill. Things settled down though , fortunately .

I would say accord is possible weaker than Teva , and also that it is definitely different somehow . But my body has adapted. I plan to make the next switch to 25/75 Teva / accord mid April . I have dental appointments and have to renew my drivers license and need to be at least somewhat able for those things ( I don't go anywhere much , with my highly sensitive nervous system )

Not looking forward to the switch , but at least I know things settle , and I have been able to do some tapering in the midst of it . My rate is about 3.5% month , bit depressing , but that's all I can manage and still stay sane .... I'm making progress and have to remember that

Maybe the accord will represent less Clonazepam in my system ? That would be good . Like extra cuts ...

:)

Hang in there .... We can do this !

Love, Miyu  :smitten:

I wanted to give an update on my switch from Teva to Accord Clonazepam

Thank you, MiYu, for sharing your “I’ve been switched!” experience with us.  I know we all respond differently to different generics but, from what I’ve read here on BB and elsewhere, you are not alone in your experience of Accord. 

I will follow you lead and share my experience in what will be my sixth clonazepam generic switch.  This time it’s from Teva’s generic 0.125 mg orally disintegrating tablets (ODTs) to Par’s.  The pharmacies where I live have all told me that they cannot get the Teva ODTs and the Par’s are also in short supply.  The only generic ODT they can get are those from Sun.

This is a supplier/distributor/wholesaler problem. The 3 biggest suppliers in the US are McKesson, AmericasourceBergen, and Cardinal Health. There are others also who compete on the US stock market.

I picked up my Rx of Teva ODTs on March 1, 2019 and today is March 11, 2019. I will have to wait for my next fill to see if I can still get what I have been getting.

This seems to vary by regional  availability  as some people are still able to get Actavis clonazepam tablets while others have even found teva tablets again. We can only get what we can get.

I hope we all get what we need until we can free ourselves from this bondage to these careless people who have completely disregarded the suffering they are creating with these drugs .

Well make it one way or another ,..... Sometimes I think about building a stash of things like gabapentin and phenibut in case I found myself cut off from benzos .... I don't think I'd just tolerate a CT . There are herbs too that can help the nervous system . We could always taper something else if needed .... That's my POV anyway . Still wouldn't be easy ....

But let's pray that doesn't come to pass .

Best wishes to everyone here ,

MiYu :smitten:

I hope we all get what we need until we can free ourselves from this bondage to these careless people who have completely disregarded the suffering they are creating with these drugs .

Well make it one way or another ,..... Sometimes I think about building a stash of things like gabapentin and phenibut in case I found myself cut off from benzos .... I don't think I'd just tolerate a CT . There are herbs too that can help the nervous system . We could always taper something else if needed .... That's my POV anyway . Still wouldn't be easy ....

But let's pray that doesn't come to pass .

Best wishes to everyone here ,

MiYu :smitten:

MiYu,

Thanks for posting. I think all of us here on this support group are literally constantly in fear now that we can still get the clonazepam we need to taper off of it.

It’s impossible to taper off a benzo unless you can get the benzo to taper from.

Speaking for myself, I’m always worried about that now. And I don’t think I could ever CT either.

I just hope like you do that we all can get free of these drugs that a doctor, supposedly knowledgeable about the brain dropped into our laps with no thought whatsoever about how powerful or damaging they can be to us. 😢💧💦

So glad you posted! 💚💛🧡❤️

I have started stockpiling my brand K as I do worry about being cut off from a doctor. I have told my psych I am taking 1 mg a day when I take .5 mg, so I am starting to build up a reserve. I keep it locked up in my house so no one else can access it, as I do have a teenager in the house.

same here, secret stockpile or like we used to say "secret stash"...hahah although that's not the same meaning today that it had in my party days.

nowadays i just wanna have my set # of RX pils for all of my RX's so that i have enough to complete all 3 tapers safely and with as little pain and suffering as possible!

my concerns in "partying" days:

sex

enough money for pot

enough money for alcohol

sex

enough money for the concert tickets

enough money for gas or a ride to the concert

sex

cool threads

sleep

food

my concerns in my "old age" days:

pray that Hubby doesn't get laid off

enough money for my RX's: hormone replacement patch and pills, SSRI, benzo, neuropathic pain reliever

enough money for dr visit copays

enough money for tags and inspection each year

enough money for mortgage

enough money for utilities and phone bill

enough money for dog food and groceries

enough money for my bifocals which need stronger RX each year (but stretch it to 2-3 years)

sleep

i think i remember sex...

As promised, here is my update on my switch from Teva 0.125 mg clonazepam orally distintegrating tablets (ODTs) to Par 0.125 mg ODTs.  I did not have the option of doing a gradual crossover from Teva to Par so had to do a “cold switch” (i.e. one day I took Teva, the next day I took Par).  It’s now 3 days since the switch and so far so good.  I did not experience any of the issues I have before when I had to switch from one generic to another.  The only thing I’ve noticed is that my primary withdrawal symptoms have decreased a tiny bit in intensity.

I have started stockpiling my brand K as I do worry about being cut off from a doctor. I have told my psych I am taking 1 mg a day when I take .5 mg, so I am starting to build up a reserve. I keep it locked up in my house so no one else can access it, as I do have a teenager in the house.

NJ,

So your concern is being cut off by your doctor. Is your relationship with your pdoc pretty good? I had the observation that it was.

Never hurts to have that stockpile in any case.

same here, secret stockpile or like we used to say "secret stash"...hahah although that's not the same meaning today that it had in my party days.

nowadays i just wanna have my set # of RX pils for all of my RX's so that i have enough to complete all 3 tapers safely and with as little pain and suffering as possible!

sex

enough money for pot

enough money for alcohol

sex

sex

cool threads

sleep

food

enough money for my RX's: hormone replacement patch and pills, SSRI, benzo, neuropathic pain reliever

enough money for my bifocals which need stronger RX each year (but stretch it to 2-3 years)

sleep

nomore,

You were taking the Accord generic of clonazepam as I recall. You had acclimated to that from the Teva clonazepam which was discontinued.

And now you’re concerned about continuing to get that when you were worried about getting switched to solco.

Accord and Solco are the new ones they use around here. Both at Walgreens and CVS.

Supplier/distributor/ wholesaler problems with these new clonazepams? Did some new healthcare manufacturer appear that’s now taking the place of accord and Solco? For gods sake, if anyone knows, please tell us!!!

As promised, here is my update on my switch from Teva 0.125 mg clonazepam orally distintegrating tablets (ODTs) to Par 0.125 mg ODTs.  I did not have the option of doing a gradual crossover from Teva to Par so had to do a “cold switch” (i.e. one day I took Teva, the next day I took Par).  It’s now 3 days since the switch and so far so good.  I did not experience any of the issues I have before when I had to switch from one generic to another.  The only thing I’ve noticed is that my primary withdrawal symptoms have decreased a tiny bit in intensity.

Libertas,

Last time when you posted here, you mentioned you were unable to get the Teva ODTs at all, and that the Par ODTs were in short supply, and the only ones that your pharmacy had stocked were the Sun ODTs.

Looks like you were successful in getting the Par ODTs after all. I’m going to check with my pharmacy before my next doctors appt to see if I can still get the Tevas.

And it sounds like you’re  satisfied with the Par. Par is an excellent manufacturer that makes quality products.

Sounds like it was a supplier/distributor/wholesaler problem in your case as the “short supplied” Par ODTs did finally come into your pharmacy.

So much true BBBSSS bu...sh... we’re all having to put up with!!!

Forgot to mention that it sounds like the Par ODTs are stronger than the Teva ODTs.

sex

enough money for pot

enough money for alcohol

sex

sex

cool threads

sleep

food

sleep

nomore,

You were taking the Accord generic of clonazepam as I recall. You had acclimated to that from the Teva clonazepam which was discontinued.

And now you’re concerned about continuing to get that when you were worried about getting switched to solco.

Accord and Solco are the new ones they use around here. Both at Walgreens and CVS.

Supplier/distributor/ wholesaler problems with these new clonazepams? Did some new healthcare manufacturer appear that’s now taking the place of accord and Solco? For gods sake, if anyone knows, please tell us!!!

no i never got the brand name that i'm aware of...of course.it's been so many years i could quite easily have fogotten what the originals looked like...but far as i know i had accord for many, like 10 years or so. the solco was a switch they made for a time at walgreemns but they now carry accord...at least til january. i asked our other pharmacy and they have actavis. so i hope i can stay on accord until i'm off. but honestly, that taper is 6 years away unless something prompts me to do it sooner. i have to get off the SSRI first.  a 6 year microtaper.  so...we'll see.

nice to see ya here Intend!

nomore,

I didn’t think you ever got brand klonopin made by Genentech, a subsidiary of Roche.

What I thought was that you’d been on Teva Clonazepam for quite awhile, and then were given the Accord which you had acclimated to from Teva.

When Klonopin first came out, it was the brand name clonazepam, under patent just like all these new drugs we see on tv like Humira, Repatha, and the many advertised for psoriasis.

It was patented in 1960 by Roche, and became available in the US in 1975 or 1998 depending on what site you read. (This is like a history lesson.)

Just the fact that you are now able to get Accord, Solco, and Actavis shows me that this is a supplier/distributor/wholesaler problem across the US.

I can’t get Actavis here. I used to be able to get it with no problem whatsoever, but no more. 

I do know of another healthcare company that’s around. It’s called Leading Pharmaceuticals. The US location is Fairfield, New Jersey, but the only controlled substance they make that I can tell is lorazepam.

Well, good luck to all of us nomore. We just have to keep on plodding along!