Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Teva Clonazepam Discontinued Group

[Sc...]

MiYu,

It’s possible that you are feeling the effects of the accord brand that you are acclimating to as far as those restless legs.

And I’m going to say that you too are someone who lives by principles and integrity. You are kind and caring to others and that means a lot to me.

THank you dear Intend, I am happy to have met you here  on BB . You are always so supportive.

love, MiYu :smitten:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [In...]

• [Du...]

• [NJ...]

• [Li...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh MiYu,

I value your opinion so much. I’m having a difficult day myself.

All these switches to various versions of clonazepam have affected my thinking somewhat, and I get intense fear of calling into the pharmacy for refills.

But I just got my husband Dan to do it. Thank goodness that is over.

Oh MiYu,

I value your opinion so much. I’m having a difficult day myself.

All these switches to various versions of clonazepam have affected my thinking somewhat, and I get intense fear of calling into the pharmacy for refills.

But I just got my husband Dan to do it. Thank goodness that is over.

I understand Intend ... I have fear every month around my script too , mostly that the doctor wont keep filling it , it's so awful to feel at the mercy of doctors and pharmaceuticals.

Remember we are doing all of this in order to be free.

Keep on fighting! We will get there eventually , however crushing this experience is,  I do believe we will feel so much more powerful and self -reliant when it is all over. it's not an easy process that's for sure . No one would EVER choose it , but for now it's what we have , and all the difficulties that come a long with it ,

I'm sorry you are having a difficult day.... Do you practice any acceptance type exercises? I have a lot of resistance to acceptance, but when I am finally defeated by the struggle I usually get there! In the mean time distraction is the next best thing .

feel better

love,  MiYu

MiYu,

I also have a lot of resistance to this process. It’s been so hard with all these switches.

I never feel like my doctor won’t give me refills. He the best! He’s totally benzo wise, knows everything about benzos and ADs, and if I make any suggestion, he’s always open to the idea.

Like when I wanted to try the orally disintegrating tabs. He thought that was a great idea. At that time, I was desperate to stay on clonazepam and not go to Valium because I was not sure it would work for me, and I’ve already been changed around so much that I thought I have to stop this.

He liked the idea right away. He even said that those tabs are right for you because you have that swallowing problem.

It’s not him at all. I’ve just heard so many times at the pharmacy that this or that version of clonazepam “is no longer available” that that’s where the fear comes from. But I will tell you that those tabs work just fine in case you ever want to try them.

MiYu,

I also have a lot of resistance to this process. It’s been so hard with all these switches.

I never feel like my doctor won’t give me refills. He the best! He’s totally benzo wise, knows everything about benzos and ADs, and if I make any suggestion, he’s always open to the idea.

Like when I wanted to try the orally disintegrating tabs. He thought that was a great idea. At that time, I was desperate to stay on clonazepam and not go to Valium because I was not sure it would work for me, and I’ve already been changed around so much that I thought I have to stop this.

He liked the idea right away. He even said that those tabs are right for you because you have that swallowing problem.

It’s not him at all. I’ve just heard so many times at the pharmacy that this or that version of clonazepam “is no longer available” that that’s where the fear comes from. But I will tell you that those tabs work just fine in case you ever want to try them.

where is this wonderful doctor you have Intend ?? I can't believe mine is SO uneducated , he's young too...

Intend

I just seen my dr again today and he wrote me for my odts for six months and he wrote on it teva brand,because I had to go back because 2 weeks ago he wrote me for tablets and the pharmacy I use ran out of tevas and tried to give me mylans.So I went back that same day and he already left for the day but his nurse called me in a 1 month supply over the phone.Its in a previous post here..Anyways I was told not by someone on BB,but a friend that the odts dont last as long as regular tablets.By that I mean the duration of action.What do you think about that?I hope they last as long.I dont want to have to dose 3 times a day when I'm only dosing twice a day.

Intend

I just seen my dr again today and he wrote me for my odts for six months and he wrote on it teva brand,because I had to go back because 2 weeks ago he wrote me for tablets and the pharmacy I use ran out of tevas and tried to give me mylans.So I went back that same day and he already left for the day but his nurse called me in a 1 month supply over the phone.Its in a previous post here..Anyways I was told not by someone on BB,but a friend that the odts dont last as long as regular tablets.By that I mean the duration of action.What do you think about that?I hope they last as long.I dont want to have to dose 3 times a day when I'm only dosing twice a day.

onemoretry,

I use the same ODTs myself. And they last just fine for me. If you haven’t taken them yet, you won’t know how they last for you.

So have you taken them?

I wouldn’t listen to anyone who tells you a thing about these until you’ve at least tried them.

I dose twice a day also, and they work so well for me, that I often end up waiting till after 1 or 2 pm to take my morning dose.

Does this friend of yours take these himself, or is he just repeating what he “heard.” If someone hears something, it doesn’t mean it won’t work for you. It only means that this person “heard” something.

They work exactly like builder told me they would work.

Intend

onemoretry,

I use the same ODTs myself. And they last just fine for me. If you haven’t taken them yet, you won’t know how they last for you.

So have you taken them?

I wouldn’t listen to anyone who tells you a thing about these until you’ve at least tried them.

I dose twice a day also, and they work so well for me, that I often end up waiting till after 1 or 2 pm to take my morning dose.

Does this friend of yours take these himself, or is he just repeating what he “heard.” If someone hears something, it doesn’t mean it won’t work for you. It only means that this person “heard” something.

As for the friend they said they tried one and didnt like the way they felt and they wore off faster is all I know.

No I havent tried them yet.I am waiting till I get my day time dose to .25mg which will be on the 13th just a few days away then I think I'll hold for 2 weeks when I switch from tablets to odts while I try them, like someone here on BB suggested.

Intend

onemoretry,

So have you taken them?

As for the friend they said they tried one and didnt like the way they felt and they wore off faster is all I know.

No I havent tried them yet.I am waiting till I get my day time dose to .25mg which will be on the 13th just a few days away then I think I'll hold for 2 weeks when I switch from tablets to odts while I try them, like someone here on BB suggested.

onemoretry,

If this friend of yours “tried one,” one tab is not enough tabs to know whether or not these ODTs work at all for them.

And since you haven’t tried them yourself, you should just follow your plan to take them as you just described and see how well they work for you.

Yup.Thanks for the reassurance Intend.I appreciate you and your wisdom beyond measure.

onemoretry,

You’re always welcome. Clonazepam has a longer duration of action than Valium. Even the half life is long. It is the duration of action that plays the biggest role.

Just give these a try and let me know how they work for you. That BB friend of yours who suggested hold first knows what they are talking about. Just do your hold and give them a try.

I surely do want to know what you think and how you’re feeling afterwards so don’t forget to let me know.

Good info Libertas.

I would be very surprised if most people on BB didn’t already know this except maybe the newbies here.

That not all the info the webMD should provide though. I actually skimmed the article, so maybe it was there.

However, if it was or wasn’t, this is a very important part to know: with Eric brands of medications the FDA allows the essential ingredient to vary from 20% lower to 25% higher of the brand name medication.

And if you’re going to get a brand name medication, be prepared to have very good insurance or a lot of $ available. These brand medications are anything but inexpensive.

So it’s not just the excipients that make the difference; they do make a big difference but that variance that the FDA allows is a big one. As far as what the FDA allows, they do not have regular inspections of manufacturers facilities.

The thought there is that all the research and development has already been done, so these generic plants maybe will be “fine,” and they’re not always “fine.”

Some facilities that were inspected were found to have no  active ingredient at all, and others were found to have toxic chemicals in the medication also. Not such good oversight is all I can say.

We just do the best we can.

Y’all are not going to believe this. Have been getting actavis refills from my small pharmacy and lo and behold— this refill is Teva! SMH. Have no idea where they came up with it. So ready to be off this merry go round.

Y’all are not going to believe this. Have been getting actavis refills from my small pharmacy and lo and behold— this refill is Teva! SMH. Have no idea where they came up with it. So ready to be off this merry go round.

bbmom,

If people taking teva clonazepam are low enough on clonazepam like you are, then they can be off the merry go round.

Please remember that now you are making another generic switch again. You have gone from teva clonazepam to actavis clonazepam and you will now be going back to teva clonazepam.

You may want to work you’re way onto the teva clonazepam as these generics are not all the same.

For some, that difference is not noticed while others pick up the difference pretty fast depending on the person.

You know what’s going on with clonazepam, so this is just a reminder of this.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi-I started in Teva clonazepam, was switched over to Sandoz a year later (with some problems, but eventually adjusted). Now I have been switched over to Activas from Sandoz and am having a HORRIBLE time....have tried a slow switch over and still not working. I can't find any Sandoz anywhere (I am tapering and another 90 would probably get me off of these monsters). Anyone have any advice? I am thinking of trying name brand Klonopin….

Hi-I started in Teva clonazepam, was switched over to Sandoz a year later (with some problems, but eventually adjusted). Now I have been switched over to Activas from Sandoz and am having a HORRIBLE time....have tried a slow switch over and still not working. I can't find any Sandoz anywhere (I am tapering and another 90 would probably get me off of these monsters). Anyone have any advice? I am thinking of trying name brand Klonopin….

Welcome to the  “I’ve been switched!” club. According to the FDA Orange Book, Sandoz, Inc. discontinued mgf/mktng of clonazepam in the U.S. on June 5, 2018 so that may be why your pharamacy switched you to Activas.

I’m guessing that you’ve already tried calling other pharmacies in your area, especially the small/independent ones (that may have extra stock on hand b/c they don’t sell in the same volumes as the large chains)?  If so, then your choices are to (1) play “Clonazepam Roulette” (i.e. pick another generic and try it) or (2) ask your pdoc to write a “Dispense as Written/Medically Necessary” prescription for brand Klonopin.

Interesting Libertas.

So you’ve been switched 6 times? I did not know that.

I’ve been switched 6 times myself. And being determined to stay on clonazepam, and not because “ I love it so much, but because I want to avoid Valium or trying the “newer approved “ versions of clonazepam such as solco and accord, I am now taking the orally disintegrating tablets mad by teva.

I sure do not want to pay for the brand name klonopin made by Genentech. So Farr those orally disintegrating tablets are working fine for me.

ddjohn3,

You might want to consider the orally disintegrating tablets yourself.

As Libertas says, Welcome to the “I’ve been switched club.”

Parr pharmaceuticals also makes these tablets also, but I preferred the Tevas because I just thought they could possibly closer to the Actavis clonazepam which was what I took for several years. But Actavis is not available here.

Makes one wonder what these generic manufacturers are up to doesnt it? I know they’re all business decisions but I still wonder.

Think about those ODTS ddjohn3. That’s my best advice to you.

So Teva still makes the disintegrating tablets? What pharmacy do you use? I did best on Teva-so would be grateful to get back on those. So frustrated...was bopping along well on my taper until this happened and now am in a total tailspin that I haven't experienced since the very beginning when I tried to cold turkey....

So Teva still makes the disintegrating tablets? What pharmacy do you use? I did best on Teva-so would be grateful to get back on those. So frustrated...was bopping along well on my taper until this happened and now am in a total tailspin that I haven't experienced since the very beginning when I tried to cold turkey....

ddjohn3,

Yes, so far teva is still making the ODTs. That’s what I’m taking.

And the pharmacy I use is a smaller type pharmacy attached to a grocery store. It’s a state wide pharmacy and not a large chain pharmacy. But the plan I’m on also allows me to use CVS pharmacies.

I haven’t had good experiences with CVS here where I live so I don’t like to go there. I prefer my smaller pharmacy.

I would call different CVS pharmacies where you live and see about these ODTs. And if you have smaller pharmacies that you’d prefer to use, you can call them also.

These ODTs are made for non compliant patients who might refuse to take a medication, and for people who have swallowing problems which I do have. Just call around and see what they tell you.

Ddjohn3 and intend: You might be interested in my post to the Withdrawal Support group about possible shortages of clonazepam ODTs.  One pharmacy told me the Pars were in short supply.  Another pharmacy told me the same about Teva.  Two other pharmacies told me they could only get the Sun ODTs. Sigh. To view my original post, follow this path:

BenzoBuddies Community Forum » Withdrawal Support (during your taper) » Supply issues with clonazepam orally disintegrating tablets? U.S.

Libertas,

I did read your post in the withdrawl support during your taper part of BB.

And in the last post there, you mentioned having gone to the FDA orange book to check for discontinuations of these ODTs, and found that there weren’t any discontinuations noted by the FDA.

And I replied that I’d also checked the FDA orange book, and saw the same thing. And then I checked their monthly cumulative report for January 2019, that showed that there were no discontinuations of these ODTs again.

I will now check the orange book on a regular basis and the monthly cumulative report also if there is one.