Ear ache

[de...]

Hi Dee

Wishing you the best on your successful  Journey

I think your doing the right thing holding on 1 MG for a,while

Sounds like a good plan and we'll thought out

Jim thanks so much for helping Dee and others out

I know it gives them the confidence to have someone like in their corner to help them though. You are doing a good deed and I'm glad there are people like you wanting to help

Best wishes and positive thoughts to all I'm confident you will be successful

Hi Dee :smitten:

I want to get a handle on drawing up and measurements.

I was replying with how to use syringes when I realized that it is perhaps not what you want. I will not insist. Rather then harass you and make you do things you are not ready for, I wish you all the best for the remaining 1 mg. Being a small quantity, I'm sure you will be able to taper it off and become finally healed.

Come back when you wish!

:hug:

Step 3 - preparation

0.1mg/1ml

1.  Thoroughly wash and dry both jar and lid.

2.  Split a 2mg pill in half and place in jar. 

3.  Using 10ml syringe draw up 4mls Vodka.  Inject Vodka into jar covering the tablets entirely and let stand for 15-30 minutes with lid on.  The 2 halves will disintegrate, and not to worry about a few particles which may lay at the bottom. 

4.  Next, draw up 16mls of normal temperature water using 10ml syringe and inject into jar.  This will give me 20mls of solution.  Vodka + water at a concentration of 0.1mg/1ml

Did I get it right?

I know it's a repeat of your instruction, but want to get it right, and it helped to write it out myself to have it firm in my mind. 

Thanks, Jim. 

:smitten:

Dee

Hi Dee :smitten:,

1.  Thoroughly wash and dry both jar and lid.

2.  Split a 2mg pill in half and place in jar. 

3.  Using 10ml syringe draw up 4mls Vodka.  Inject Vodka into jar covering the tablets entirely and let stand for 15-30 minutes with lid on.  The 2 halves will disintegrate, and not to worry about a few particles which may lay at the bottom. 

4.  Next, draw up 16mls of normal temperature water using 10ml syringe and inject into jar.  This will give me 20mls of solution.  Vodka + water at a concentration of 0.1mg/ml/

You have understood EVERYTHING :D

Hi Dee :smitten:,

A precision:

- if we use liquid-only then the solution we discussed above will suffice for 2 days.

- if we combine liquid with tablets (1/4 of a tablet) then the solution will suffice for 4 days

before we need to prepare a new batch.

Thanks Jim,

So, with my 20ml I draw up 10mgs and inject into a glass of orange juice to have with breakfast?  :) This will be 1mg in my orange juice, to be repeated next day.  Two days supply. 

I think I will stick with all liquid and wondered if I could prepare an all liquid solution that would last more than two days without degrading?  Keep in fridge?

I am awesomeness,  :) and first time I have ever received all in anything to do with mathematics. 

Thanks Jim

Dee

Hi Dee  :smitten:

So, with my 20ml I draw up 10mgs and inject into a glass of orange juice to have with breakfast?  :) This will be 1mg in my orange juice, to be repeated next day.  Two days supply.

Rectification: you draw up 10 ml and not 10 mgs.

Otherwise all is correct. To avoid loss, perhaps you can drink the solution directly from the syringe, rinse it a few times with water that you will drink too and so use the total of the dose.

What you are doing here is to Hold with 1 mg, but this time in liquid form. If this works (same symptoms as before) then it is a big leap forward in our journey. That means some time in June we can start to reduce this 10 ml to 9.96, 9.92, 9.88 ml...(as example) until the jump dose that we might fine tune towards the end.

Later instead of 20 ml we might think to increase to 100 ml to cover more than 10 days. The solution is a medication in all aspects. Like with a cough syrup, you will keep it out of direct sunlight but refrigeration will not be necessary.

Hang in Dee!

Thanks Jim,

I meant 10mls not 10mgs.  Oops. 

Will drink directly from syringe as can see that it would save loss.

All I will really be doing is holding at 1mg, only in liquid form. 

Then, in June begin the journey down by tiny decrements if symptoms are steady? 

Later, learn how to make up 100mls to cover more than 10 days.  I will get more than ten days because of the tiny reductions I have been making? 

I know it sounds simple Jim, and I should get it easy, but get nervous and need to have it set firm in my mind. 

Many thanks, Jim

Dee

Doing Great Dee..!!

:)

onwards and upwards...

Hint... clear tape over the syringe numbers can save them from fading..

All I will really be doing is holding at 1mg, only in liquid form.

Correct.

Then, in June begin the journey down by tiny decrements if symptoms are steady? 

Correct.

I will get more than ten days because of the tiny reductions I have been making?

Correct.

need to have it set firm in my mind

Fine.

Way to go Dee :smitten:

Thanks Jim for truly being here for all of us. :smitten:

I don't understand anything about coverting to a micotaper or liquid, however if I ever need to try I know where to start. :thumbsup:

Good luck.

Top tip on the clear tape Cantfly.  :thumbsup:

I can see me now with syringe poised over mouth injecting microdoses of Valium.  I'll have to keep the curtains drawn. 

I do feel foolish having to get everything confirmed, but this ordeal has been so rotten would hate to do something wrong and have to start over, I couldn't cope.  Never had such anxiety in my life, with confidence being the major problem. 

I think too, I have been in major denial about micrtapering as found it hard to believe that such small doses could have impact. 

Jim, I can see now what you meant by combining pills with liquid.  When I saw a change I froze, but now understand what could be benefit.  I think I've got it and will only need further instruction when decreasing. 

I thank you so much for your patience Jim and as Sadoneme says, it may well help others who have same problem as me in lacking the confidence to proceed.  Onwards. 

Dee

Hi Dee,

To give you a rough idea on the possible timing should you start to taper the 1 mg on 1 June 2018, at a conservative reduction pace of 5% every 14 days, you will have completed by:

lThANpz.png

Should you taper at the slower 5% every 21 days

iNafOTu.png

If you decide to go further down beyond the 0.50 mg jump dose recommended by Ashton manual, then it will take longer.

Now I'm in deep shite.  :D  All those columns and stuff, with numbers and decimal points.  :D:(

I would like to reduce at 5% every 21 days.  Beginning 1st June, 2018. 

First column: Is 206 the beginning day of my taper down, beginning with 20mls liquid prepared with 4mls vodka + 16mls water with adjoining column used to insert date?

Then, in 21 days I draw up and prepare same, only this time I use the 1ml syringe to draw 1/4ml from the 20mls and discard?  Does the T stand for titrate?  And only just figured what the 1ml syringe might be used for. 

Next 21 days I do same, only I draw up and discard 1/2ml?

Next 21 days 3/4ml and discard?

Next 21 days 1ml and discard?

And so on and so forth, reducing accumulating 1/4mls every 21 days, discarding each and every accumulated 1/4ml down the sink and until entire 20mls has diminished to nothing? 

I don't know Jim, it's the only way I could figure it.  Don't fail me yet.

Very grateful

Dee

*  I screwed it didn't I? 

Hi Dee :laugh:

No! Don't look at those columns! NOT YET! Just ignore them! Look at the dates part at the bottom only. I will thoroughly explain those columns together with a detailed Taper Plan in step 4 by end of May.

Sorry to have frightened you instead of lifting you up >:(

Oh Jim, did I get it really wrong?  :-\

OK, I'm looking at 21st June as start date, and Friday 28th December as end date.  Are these the dates I need to look at?  Sounds good to me. 

Then at end of May we will discuss a proper taper plan.  Step 4. Sounds good to me too. 

Thanks, Jim, you're the best.

Dee

I'm looking at 21st June as start date

No problem!

and Friday 28th December as end date

If you taper 5% every 21 days then the end date will be a little bit beyond the requested date. Remember that you will perhaps need to add some additional days should you feel you need to hold.

D5p2kVV.png

I set a reminder to send you step 4 by mid June for you to be ready by 21st of June.

PS: Do you have a printer at home? Or someone that can print on paper for you?