Drop to 1mg Valium

[de...]

Hi Dee,

Yes, thats classic WD sx... -and not just benzos... -Which is a hint of a good sign..

Kinda sounds like me after a cut, and with the folllwing waves...

Hope things settle down soon... I found pepermint helped a little with guts... but its not for everyone...

Do you find light and noise irritating? Perhaps more in the mornings?

Remember, not everything is WD all the time... so pls dont totally neglect your Dr...

The more you get to know your symptoms and patterns, the easier it will get...

:)

Thanks Cantfly.

I bought some ginger cordial to have with tonic water, but I do like peppermint. 

I am seeing the doctor tomorrow as agree that not all things are WD related.  I never used to run to the doctor at the drop of a hat but feel really unwell and weak. 

My appetite and thirst triggers seem completely switched off and am losing weight.  I think I am now <45kgs.  I have always been thin, but not like this, and have never had an eating disorder. 

My appetite had begun to improve, but now I have to force myself to eat, again.  When I walked to get the Ginger cordial felt spacey and weird and as though I might drop.  Glad to be home. 

Cantfly, can things go back to Acute like a pendulum with this thing?  I thought that once out of initial Acute it was done, but now I'm uncertain.  I feel really bad. 

Thanks Cantfly I am so grateful to everyone here. 

Dee

Yes, Cantfly, I do get the light and noise problems. 

For a while there even if I stood on a dry leaf and it crumbled underfoot I would jump.  Actually (blush) yelled at a bus to shut the f up because of squealing hydraulic brakes.  It was an spontaneous outburst and had to apologise to those around who looked at me oddly.  It has improved, but I still get it. 

Dee

Hi Dee acute withdrawal is only the beginning that's why I keep banging on about holding.lt teaches you so much about withdrawal how it's not linear and how you are constantly dealing with the ebb and flow of symptoms.

I have found holding tough but it has shown me how to cope and hopefully it will not be such a shock when l do get off these drugs.

I know you want to get off but you are starting a new medication so you have to be cautious.l am perfectly sure a lot of people here will say the opposite.l hope you make the decision that is best for you.

If you are not eating get some fortified drinks to insure you are taking in some nutrients.

Cant is very, very wise he has helped me so much and has been through more than most so I definitely would consider his advice.

Stut X

Thank you Stut.  I don't like this new med.  Something about it that feels wrong.  I didn't take it today and have been trying really hard to remain on it for my BP, but it just doesn't feel right. 

I'll see the doctor tomorrow and she won't like the fact that I stopped, but it is my body, and I know my own body. 

She will interpret my misgivings about the medication as just another manifestation of anxiety, and has never been open to any discussion about WD.  She is the doctor who prescribed me Cymbalta and Lexapro with no wash out.  :crazy:  Hello, second dose of Serotonin Syndrome. 

I will make my own decision about what to do, Stut, thank you for reminding me of my autonomy.  :smitten:  My confidence and belief in self has been badly affected by this WD from filth benzo's. 

Dee

As you have said Dee it's your body they can not force you to take anything.Is your high bp caused by benzo withdrawal can l ask?As for eating try to eat small and often.l am having the opposite l am gaining weight eating the same diet and walking as much so don't know why it is happening.Awe well this to will pass.

Stut X

Yes, Stut, my high BP is caused by WD it has always been great before, but doctor won't entertain that it could be WD. 

i drank a protein drink as you suggested and a bit of salad, better than nothing. 

I am actually less in weight than the 45kgs I stated in my last post I'm less than 40.5kgs.  Still can't  think properly. 

Oh Stut, it has to pass.  Got to keep believing and taking the next right step. 

Thank you for being there Stut.  It means so much when feeling so alone. 

Dee xxx

Dee it will pass and you are not alone.Try to allow yourself to heal.You can and will do this.

Love Stut X

Made myself go outside tonight as Australia is trying to break the Guinness Book of World Records for the most people star gazing at one time.  There are star parties going on all around the country. 

We have to look at the moon for no less than ten minutes through either a telescope, or binoculars. 

No telescope, so used my binoculars.  I saw the Sea of Tranquility 🌗

I don't know whether we have beaten the record yet, and my vote doesn't count because I couldn't stand for the full ten minutes because my legs were shaking and so were my binoculars. 

Distraction works, but it was more than a distraction, it was really beautiful. 

Dee

Edit:  Just saw your posts Stut and Adjusta and made a little bit of headway tonight, as in the above.  I am going to make this, I can see it in the stars. 

I love you guys. 

Hi Dee...

sorry, has been a day...

Now that Stut has finished embarrasing me..!! Lol

I have long given up on any Drs helping me with a solution or understanding BWS, asides from my great GP who saw it all unfold and supports me.. If you can at least get this from a Dr, and combine it with listening to your body, you will be ok (others have done it with much less)... obviously you will have to be safe about your BP too though..

I wonder if a cheap monitor would be handy to have..? As it is a common(ish) SX, I also wonder if you first had BP issues in conjunction with tapering? -sorry if I missed that..

I have flicked back through your first posts (sorry), To try and save you repeating stuff, But its all kinda swimming in my head... -through no fault of your writing...

Many of your words sadly relate a little too well...

I guess first you will want to get stable... -or perhaps WDnormal as some call it.. This isnt feeling great, but its where you can live your life, for the most part.

Your earlier meds may have an effect on this, or not so much..

Holding would be ideal if you can dig deep and handle it... Check The Long Hold Support Group for a wealth of info... There is perhaps more to holding than meets the eye..

With a hold one will often start to get windows then waves often in some rough pattern, which fade away in time leaving one "stable"... (same as when tapering, but they can build up, as you have found) I consider a long hold 3 months or longer, but its only a number...

The other option is to Dose Correct or updose.... This is a personal choice... and not without some risks and limitations... How and how much is the question, and I guess medication supply..

Often people say go back to the last stable dose, -but dont do this blindly...

I am lucky that I respond well to dose correcting, as it has kinda gone hand in hand with doing a cut n hold taper.. (inc. Rescue Doses)

If you can then transition into a DLMT that would be great, Scales may become an issue at low dose?

Perhaps not with the fish scales (pisces)..!!

I was lost when I tried it, but grabbed a pen and paper, sat down, and read through "Builders" posting history where he explains it several ways to different people.. It came together surprisingly easy, and thats saying something..!! -You can always check with him...

Loved you "yelling" at the bus!! -my son sure knows how to be quiet at times...

I find a light mask thingy $7 Au to be great in the mornings...

Distraction and healthy acceptance are key...

Sing out if ever any Qs... and sorry this is "clunky"..

My best...

Oh, some of this might have been discussed while I was trxting...

Made myself go outside tonight as Australia is trying to break the Guinness Book of World Records for the most people star gazing at one time.  There are star parties going on all around the country. 

We have to look at the moon for no less than ten minutes through either a telescope, or binoculars. 

No telescope, so used my binoculars.  I saw the Sea of Tranquility 🌗

I don't know whether we have beaten the record yet, and my vote doesn't count because I couldn't stand for the full ten minutes because my legs were shaking and so were my binoculars. 

Distraction works, but it was more than a distraction, it was really beautiful. 

Dee

Edit:  Just saw your posts Stut and Adjusta and made a little bit of headway tonight, as in the above.  I am going to make this, I can see it in the stars. 

I love you guys.

Not sure which Australia you live in..?? I looked outside and there are two.. You are right, -they are beautiful... Two halves dancing together in a hazey blurr... First I thought there were 4, but its only my eyes...!!

(Sorry, -bad, I know)..

Good luck Dee

I'm not a doctor but I do know BP meds can cause some of the symptoms you described. I'm hoping you can find a doctor that makes you feel comfortable and will help you. It's bad enough that you have to go through withdrawal

At least you have us on BB

We care for you and wish you the best