Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Does depression typically get worse closer to the end of one's taper?

[st...]

My bouts of depression are becoming more frequent and intense now that I'm getting closer to the end.  Is this common?  Have you experienced this as well?  What if anything helped?

Sorry to hear it, step.  :therethere:  Mine actually got better.  I started the taper depressed vs becoming depressed while tapering so maybe that is the difference. 

My bouts of depression are becoming more frequent and intense now that I'm getting closer to the end.  Is this common?  Have you experienced this as well?  What if anything helped?

The same thing happened to me, Step - SUCKS!  I have tried a few supplements, which I think are helping, but the only thing I know that will really help is time to heal and recover.  I know how horrible this chemical depression can be, but as your mind and body heals, things will get better.

Take care.

Yes i got the depression at the end of my taper,i was depressed but had no reason to be it was really scary i also had a fear of dying?the doctor put me on zoloft and it really helped good luck oxox