Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Anti Depressant Comparison in MG's

[dh...]

Okay

Can anyone clear this up.

Effexir's lowest dose is 37.5

Cymbalta's is 30

Cylexa's is 20

What is the strength relationship in MG's from one brand to another when these doses are considered the lowest?

I mean 37.5 MG is more MG's than 30 in Cymbalta, and that's more than 20 MG in Celexa.

So are these low doses just to their own brand, or is there some sort of relative thing here and it has nothing to do with the MG's per dose.

How does this work?

Celexa is an SSRI, Effexor and Cymbalta are SNRI class antidepressants.

The class differences may have some bearing on dosage,  you should ask you doctor for clarification on this.

I don't think DR's even know, to be completely honest with you......

I agree.  I knew I was in trouble when mine had to look at the accompanying leaflet to tell me possible side effects  :idiot:

Have you tried having a chat with your local pharmacist?  I've always found them to be most knowledgeable and helpful when it comes to matters like this (if your doctor isn't 100% certain.)

I agree.  I knew I was in trouble when mine had to look at the accompanying leaflet to tell me possible side effects  :idiot:

I know that feeling only too well, amano  :tickedoff: lol!

Have you tried having a chat with your local pharmacist?  I've always found them to be most knowledgeable and helpful when it comes to matters like this (if your doctor isn't 100% certain.)

My first one told me the only possible side effect I might get from the benzos was a "bitter taste in my mouth"....

....ooohhh how prophetic!!

:crazy:

My first one told me the only possible side effect I might get from the benzos was a "bitter taste in my mouth"....

....ooohhh how prophetic!!

:crazy:

Isn't it just  :)

I've met a few like that in the past too, but if you can find a good one, then hang onto him/her.  I think we have all come to the conclusion that it's always best to do your own research, as well as discuss any questions with a healthcare professional, and then research again.

Crazy!  :crazy:

[f7...]

When it comes to AD's they are iffy! Effexor almost killed me! It was bad bad bad!!!

I was on 75mg bid and then c/t'ed off! That was back in 2002, it took 7 months to heal from it!

Keryn.