Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Today is the day.

[An...]

I am eager to hear if the air hunger goes away..that is something I have been struggling with on and off the whole time I have been on benzos. It is quite distressing to say the least.

I hope your healing is fast.

Have you had some SXs subside?

I am eager to hear if the air hunger goes away..that is something I have been struggling with on and off the whole time I have been on benzos. It is quite distressing to say the least.

I hope your healing is fast.

Have you had some SXs subside?

Hi Optimist and Cliffdweller

Ty  for the support friends. I am going to ask one of the mods or admin(s) to move this to the Post-withdrawal Recovery Support board.

Today = a little bit better than yesterday bc I was able to sleep last night. I was only awaken once last night with a spasm in my chest. This whole process has caused me to become even more phobic over my heart than baseline when I was 1st put on the drugs 30 years ago. I fear I will not sleep tonight. My sleep seems to have a pattern to it. I will be unable to sleep for 5 or 6 days straight and then I will sleep ok for one night and then recycle. I am hoping as more time goes by off, my sleep will improve. I would love to just be able to sleep 5 hours a night naturally, something I have not been able to do in many years.

The air hunger is still there but not as bad today. I think it has a lot to do with the muscle tension I feel in my entire torso. All my muscles, front and back, remain in a constant state of contraction. I can not relax them, much worse than baseline imo.

No panic attacks today and anxiety has been somewhat manageable today after getting the sleep in. I am convinced that sleep is critical to healing but the problem is this process will not allow many of us to get any quality, restorative sleep. It is a cruel irony. Sleep is the only time you can truly relax and get an escape from this hell for awhile.

width=420 height=84https://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10732;421/st/20180124/e/I+have+been+off+benzos%21/dt/-1/k/5760/event.png[/img]

It is a good sign that you are moving the thread to post-withdrawal support.

Sleep is complicated. Wanting sleep badly makes it harder to sleep because you are putting pressure on yourself to sleep. Sleep has to happen on its own. In my experience of insomnia the best way to increase sleep is to not care if you sleep. Perhaps that makes no sense to you but if you can trust that just resting in bed during the night is restorative then that might help you relax more and not worry so much about sleeping. If you keep at it for a few nights you will probably finds that you will sometimes fall back to sleep. Some CBT therapists even suggest trying to stay awake. Instead of tossing and turning trying to sleep, turn the tables and try to stay awake. The key is to believe that it is okay to stay awake and not that this is a trick to fall asleep. Like I said sleep is complicated.

Also, before the widespread use of electrical and inside gas lighting it was very common for people to sleep for a few hours, wake up for an hour or two, and then go back to sleep. That was called the second sleep. It is perfectly natural. Understanding that help me move beyond insomnia. Read about it at https://www.sciencealert.com/humans-used-to-sleep-in-two-shifts-and-maybe-we-should-start-to-again

One more thing, stress relief toys like the "infinity cube" on Amazon at http://a.co/0wkXls0 can help relax you not only at night but anytime. It works surprising well for me. It does take some practice to get into a nice soothing rhythm with the cube.

Gook luck. You are doing great and you will get even better.

I am still here Docc, but not doing well. I have been trying to curtail my postings and mostly read.  I still do not know if I am going to survive this or not. I am getting more disturbing symptoms.

I am still here Docc, but not doing well. I have been trying to curtail my postings and mostly read.  I still do not know if I am going to survive this or not. I am getting more disturbing symptoms.

"I know in my heart of hearts if I can ever get off and allow enough time to elapse, I will start to feel better instead of feeling deathly ill each day."

Never, ever give up AntiBenzo7. You are tougher than you think.

You are still metabolizing the last of the benzo out of your system. In about another 15 day it will be virtually gone and your healing will pick up some steam as your GABA receptors start to process more GABA.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...