Liquid Suspension for tapering Clonazepam

[pu...]

Thank you all for the advise and I guess I should not monitor myself to closely as I am healing and as that happens things will change.  Does anyone know what a good holding time is when tapering liquid I know we are all different but any suggestions.

I have made it down to 0.498mg from 0.75mg since Jan 18, 2018 so making progress but seems as I get lower gets harder.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [pu...]

• [Be...]

• [Sc...]

• [Je...]

Thank you all for the advise and I guess I should not monitor myself to closely as I am healing and as that happens things will change.  Does anyone know what a good holding time is when tapering liquid I know we are all different but any suggestions.

I have made it down to 0.498mg from 0.75mg since Jan 18, 2018 so making progress but seems as I get lower gets harder.

If you're doing a daily liquid taper, then holds are generally not needed.  However if sxs do begin to begin to emerge, you can hold untl they resolve, then resume your taper, possibly at a slower rate.

Yes it was suppose to be a daily taper but I am so sensitive since getting lower I cannot do it daily so taking breaks until I feel better and then resume.  Anxiety of the biggest sxs right now and fatigue and I work part time so need to be able to function.  So try and only taper on my days off which are many.  At the beginning I went quickly for about 2 months and then was hit hard and since then have had to slow things down.  I guess that's okay as well since its not a race and the slower the better in the long run.  I try and not hold for more than 5 days.

Purple

Also how do I adjust my dose do I reduce the amount by say half and see if that helps??  Have a look at the tapering schedule when I first posted.  Suppose to drop 0.003mg/ml per day so if I reduce that might make it easier on me and maybe less sxs?

Purple

Thank you and yes I need to stop monitoring myself and sxs so much as it only adds to the anxiety that is the worse sxs right now as I get lower.  The clon I take is PCM I am in Canada and I have not heard of Teva. 

Purple

[ed...]

I've been on Clonazepan since Jan 2018. 1 mg daily using TEVA (USA) and Accord (India). No issues when switch from one to the other.

I just resumed my taper after almost 1 1/2 months due to travel and Dr. appointment issues. It was getting tough when I cut from 0.375 to 0.250 so the hold period helped.

Now I started reducing again from 0.375 and i'm doing pills and liquid. I take three doses per day (0.125) and the cutting dose is the liquid one ( I take the liquid those in the morning).

It wouldn't be possible to do a slower taper if it wasn't for the liquid dose. So I prefer to suffer a little instead of cutting 0.5 pills in 1/8 ths ,almost imposible... The other options would really be complicated and symptomatic. So I decided for the simplest and more doable.

I asked my Dr. to order a liquid solution thru a local compound pharmacy. Concentration 0.1 ml in two 60 ml bottles ( total 120 ml) using 12 x 1 mg pills of the same manufacturer -accord-. In case of traveling or if something happen to one of the bottles I have the other ready to use. The suspension liquid is ora plus. It's been the third day and I been doing somewhat ok. I do a lot of exercise and yoga. Meditation also helps a lot. Again, try not check yourself all the time. Wait for the storm to pass. Most of the time the dark more threatening storm is the one that goes away faster.

Heal and prosper!!!  :smitten:

Miguel

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Micedana I don't come to the site that often just when I get feeling really bad.  So true not to monitor yourself easier said than done but am really trying hard.  I have finally made it to 0.45mg per day over 6 months from 0.75mg so making progress and some days are better than others which is to be expected.  Just have to listen to my body as that is my best gauge.  Yes it is easier as you say having liquid to make small cuts but I find I still not to hold to stabilize and that's okay as well as its not a race.

Purple

• 4 weeks later...
I am still tapering down from 0.75mg in Jan 18, 2018 to 0.432mg had to slow things down but still have made progress as that is a little over 0.30mg drop.  My question today is does anyone else get air hunger like you can't catch your breath.  This is a new sxs for me. If someone else has this does it go away.

I've had that.  Especially when I walk, I find that it feels like I can't get air into my lungs as before.  I was an avid walker and biker.  This has been hard for me, but I push on through.  We need to fill our lungs with good air and keep our circulation going.  Important for the brain, too!

Yes went to a medi clinic and they said lungs and oxygen levels were good and heart ok but sent me for chest xray and EKG all came back okay on lungs and heart but xray showed I had a T5 verterbra fracture so sent for bone scan.  But thinks the breathing issue was caused by the tapering of klon.  Not bad not. 

Also does anyone take Vit D during tapering as this made me sick when I started the benzo  even though I always took before.  Was going to try a different brand but on another site someone mentioned it could ramp up w/d sxs

Puprle

• 3 weeks later...

Hi purple  :smitten:

I used to take vitamin D3 and b12. I have to say that B12 makes me feel way more anxious. No issues with D. One thing I learned is not to take it at night (insomnia). Always in the first hours and with some kind of fat food to have a good absorption. I read also that combine it with K2 that regulates the calcium that gets out of control when taking the D. They sell them both together in the same bottle. Also go for D-3 instead of D-2. The first one is the natural version of it.

My opinion however,is that unless you really needed it, it's better not to take anything during withdrawal. Eat the right foods and go as natural as posible. If something happens, you don't have that many culprits to doubt of. It's my humble opinion. Hope it helps!  :thumbsup:

• 3 months later...

All so I have liquid tapered as I mentioned started in Jan 18, 2018 at 0.75mg and now have reached 0.24mg and am feeling really off seems to be worse now since getting lower. 

So I held for 8 days and never really felt great more exhausted than before so I decided to drop for a couples of days felt good on the first drop and on 2nd not great so now holding for a couple of still feel off very foggy headed, intrusive thoughts, anxiety. Don't know if I should have held longer so hard to know. Nothing seems to work right now wonder if its because it lower and mind and nerves are reacting. Any suggestions?

Has anyone else held for extended periods as they got lower?

Purple