Liquid Suspension for tapering Clonazepam

[pu...]

Ok guys I have come down to 0.639mg vs 0.75mg of Klon since Jan 18.  I have not been able to micro tapered everyday like I was hoping I need to hold for some days.  So my question is I am trying 2 days taper and then 2 days hold.  Anyone think there be an issue with this I thought maybe would be easier on my body.  I tried 7 days in a row and boy did it hit me on the 8th day. 

Thought and suggestions please as I would like to get off but do not want to go to fast and have really bad side effects.  As it is I feel numbness in my upper lip and throat area for about an hour, some tingling in arms and legs feel strange as well.

I need to work well tapering.

Purple

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [pu...]

• [Be...]

• [Sc...]

• [Je...]

Hey PL-

Sound like you are making good progress. That numbness is common. It will go away at some point. I would not worry so much. If this is working for you stick with it  :thumbsup:

Hello I am new to the forum and have recently got a pharmacy to prepare a liquid suspension to taper clonazepam.  I am at 0.75mg that I need to come off.  I dose 3 times per day was at 0.25mg each dose and would like to know if this is a nice slow taper

My pharmacy prepared 2 bottles one with strong dose 0.1mg/ml and the other lower dose for the tapering part 0.01mg/ml each day

Instructions from the pharmacy

Started at                                                                                                                                                                                                                    = 0.75

Day 2 - from strong bottle 2.4 x 0.1mg/ml = 0.24mg  would stay the same for 10 days from the tapering bottle day one was 0.9 x 3 times = 0.003/day drop = 0.747

Day 3 - from strong bottle 2.4 x 0.1mg/ml = 0.24mg  would stay the same for 10 days from the tapering bottle day one was 0.8 x 3 times = 0.003/day drop = 0.744

Day 4 - from strong bottle 2.4 x 0.1mg/ml = 0.24mg  would stay the same for 10 days from the tapering bottle day one was 0.7 x 3 times = 0.003/day drop = 0.741

Day 5 - from strong bottle 2.4 x 0.1mg/ml = 0.24mg  would stay the same for 10 days from the tapering bottle day one was 0.6 x 3 times = 0.003/day drop = 0.738

Day 6 - from strong bottle 2.4 x 0.1mg/ml = 0.24mg  would stay the same for 10 days from the tapering bottle day one was 0.5 x 3 times = 0.003/day drop = 0.735

Day 7 - from strong bottle 2.4 x 0.1mg/ml = 0.24mg  would stay the same for 10 days from the tapering bottle day one was 0.4 x 3 times = 0.003/day drop = 0.732

Day 8 - from strong bottle 2.4 x 0.1mg/ml = 0.24mg  would stay the same for 10 days from the tapering bottle day one was 0.3 x 3 times = 0.003/day drop = 0.729

Day 9 - from strong bottle 2.4 x 0.1mg/ml = 0.24mg  would stay the same for 10 days from the tapering bottle day one was 0.2 x 3 times = 0.003/day drop = 0.726

Day 10 - from strong bottle 2.4 x 0.1mg/ml = 0.24mg  would stay the same for 10 days from the tapering bottle day one was 0.1 x 3 times = 0.003/day drop = 0.723

Then would start again for another 10 days and go the same as the first 10 days

Day one - from strong bottle 2.3 x 0.1mg/ml = 0.23mg  would stay the same for 10 days from the tapering bottle day one was 0.9 x 3 times = 0.003/day drop at the end would be = 0.693/mg

Then would start again for another 10 days and go the same as the first 10 days

Day one - from strong bottle 2.2 x 0.1mg/ml = 0.22mg  would stay the same for 10 days from the tapering bottle day one was 0.9 x 3 times = 0.003/day drop at the end would be = 0.663/mg

Is this a nice slow taper and they advised if things got tough I could hold at any time.  Looks like its a little over 10% for a month.  Any advise would be appreciated.

Purplelavender

Hi Purple Lavender,

I will be having a liquid compound suspension made as well.  Your prescription here is interesting but I am not sure that I understand how it works. Are you taking 1 dose from the strong suspension and the other 2 from the tapering suspension? What is the reason for having a strong dose and a taper dose?

I appreciate any info that you can provide as I haven't had my medication compounded yet.

Humingbird I do not throw any away like some people do when they liquid taper on their own.  I dose 3 times a days so I draw from the strong bottle 3 times and the taper bottle 3 times.  So at the end of the day I have reduced by 0.003 mg/ml.  Its just a different way of doing it.  The strong is the main dose for example  if you look at the schedule I started at 0.25 3 times a day so from the strong bottle I draw 0.24mg and then taper off from the small bottle 0.9 mg/ml, so you see I have dropped right there, three times end of day 0.003 mg/ml and then micro taper like that everyday but I am finding it to much so need to slow down and hold.

Yes that is about 14% drop since Jan 18 slow but at least getting down

So if I have dropped 14% in one month its usually recommended only 10% should I hold for a little longer than 2 days now?

But if I am feeling high anxiety , fast racing pulse, dizzy and foggy headed should I slow it down and hold abit?

Thank you and sorry it was 14% over 2 months but still I think I should hold a bit longer this time and then continue

PL

So holding for 5 days and feel much better not as foggy headed still a little anxiety but I think to be expected.

PL

• 1 month later...

So I have finally dropped from 0.75mg started Jan 18 liquid down to 0.60mg so that is 0.15mg drop over 3 months.  I find I need to hold more days now.  So is this a fast taper so far and is it a good idea to slow things down.

Purple

Hello Purplelavender,

Good job on tapering so far! I know how hard it can be, and the drive to be free of this makes us want to keep pushing even though it might not be the best idea! I think the advice from NJstrength to hold for a bit is great.

I would also check out the long hold board, in the support groups section, they really have found a secret over there!

i know that each of my holds has been different from the ones before, sometimes i hold a week, other tmes it's a month, i just do what feels right at the time.

I am thinking of starting a DLMT for the last part of my taper, i have all the equipment, i just haven't actually gotten it done yet!

I am frequently on the long hold board! I think it helps if you can let your body catch up to your cuts. I am hopefully? going to end a two plus month hold soon, and last year I held for six months when life stress (sending first kid off to college) was really messing with me. This hold now is for a job change I made a month ago. Trying to live life as best as I can while doing this. It's challenging and may take me forever to get off but I think I will get it done eventually.

• 4 weeks later...

So if I have dropped 14% in one month its usually recommended only 10% should I hold for a little longer than 2 days now?

Hi,

Hope you are well.

This is maybe not the right area, but am trying to contact you about your taper.

Did I read right that your taking pharm compounded liquid clonazapam?

May I ask: what concentration it is at?

Did it ever make you nauseous?

Is it made with ora sweet/plus?

Did you have an adjustment going from pills to liquid? What was that like?

How long have you taken klonopin?

Have you had much withdrawal with dlmt?

What have your withdrawal symptoms been?

Much thanks, be well

• 5 weeks later...

Hey sorry if I never answered before or maybe I did.  The liquid suspension is in a sweet syrup and no nausea a little getting used to at first but after 1 month okay.  The liquid hits the blood stream quicker so that was something to get used to.  I have been on clon a little over 2 years started at 2mg and now with tapering down to 0.534mg.  I dry cut to 0.75mg this Jan 2018 and then went with the pharmacy suspension and have dropped over 30%.  Have had to slow things down as I get lower as need to hold more days I find but need to listen to my body.  My sxs are light headedness, foggy head feeling, anxiety sitting my on my chest, some depersonalization and fatigue.

Are you tapering clon?  How long on>?  How long tapering?

Purple

Hey sorry if I never answered before or maybe I did.  The liquid suspension is in a sweet syrup and no nausea a little getting used to at first but after 1 month okay.  The liquid hits the blood stream quicker so that was something to get used to.  I have been on clon a little over 2 years started at 2mg and now with tapering down to 0.534mg.  I dry cut to 0.75mg this Jan 2018 and then went with the pharmacy suspension and have dropped over 30%.  Have had to slow things down as I get lower as need to hold more days I find but need to listen to my body.  My sxs are light headedness, foggy head feeling, anxiety sitting my on my chest, some depersonalization and fatigue.

Are you tapering clon?  How long on>?  How long tapering?

Purple

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I’m on clonazapam. Have been for 8 years.

Tried to start a taper a couple of times & it wasn’t the right time & then last attempt, wrong timing again but cut was too big & I was simultaneously trying to crossover to a different generic & trying to get ready for important out of town medical appointment so reinstated.

I went back on the generic I’ve been taking for 8 years, teva,but it’s being discontinued, so I’m not sure what to crossover to.

Am dealing with trying to get started on ms Meds right now too, so will hold at my ridiculously high 3.5-4mg per day dose till I crossover to a new generic & get settled with ms stuff.

What generic clonazapam do you take.

You sound like your doing well.

Hope to keep in touch with fellow k pinners. Be well, SC

[80...]
Scardie, I switch from TEVA (green)  to ACCORD (pink). Pharmacies here in Atlanta were all running out of TEVA.I was afraid at the beginning but it was not a big impact. I still have to say that I had less symptoms with TEVA. As you know it has much to do your with your psychological mood. The fact that most of us here are monitoring ourselves all the time makes it worse. Just go for whatever is available and don't think to much about it. It's better than nothing! Good luck!

Scardie, I switch from TEVA (green)  to ACCORD (pink). Pharmacies here in Atlanta were all running out of TEVA.I was afraid at the beginning but it was not a big impact. I still have to say that I had less symptoms with TEVA. As you know it has much to do your with your psychological mood. The fact that most of us here are monitoring ourselves all the time makes it worse. Just go for whatever is available and don't think to much about it. It's better than nothing! Good luck!

Thank you, I do appreciate your response. so have you only been on teva clonazapam or clonazapam at all since 1-2018 though?

That could be different than for someone who’s taken teva clonazapam daily for 8 years.

Be well

Okay I am continuing my taper and have made it to 0.510mg since Jan 18, 2018 I am finding I need to hold more often is anyone else going thru the same thing any suggestions.  Also anyone tapering look in the mirror and see a face that doesn't really look like yourself so drawn and tired is that part of the w/d and will we finally once off see ourselves in a more positive light?

Purple

Sorry you’re struggling purple & I have no answers for you. Hope you find what your looking for & feel better soon.

Can’t remember if I asked you what generic k your on & have you taken teva(they discontinued it & ive taken daily for 8 years) looking for those that have comparisons.

Thanks be well, SC

[80...]
purplelavander, I've been tapering since April and fighting this ordeal since August last year. I never had been before on any type of drugs, never took even a sleeping pill. This drugs change my mind completely ,anxiety depression etc, has been horrible amplified. I can tell you that my moods change a lot during the taper too so don't be surprise of you think or feel in comparison to what you were in the past. One thing that helps is not to monitoring yourself all the time. Be busy doing stuff,getting your mind occupied. Be with friends and family as much as you can, even coming less time to this site helps. Seems to me a long journey but you have to think about it as you got a cold, a benzo cold. It's just a matter of time until  it's gone. Hope you get well!  :thumbsup: