how far along in your taper you were hit with insomnia?

[Al...]

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND CARING.  I am not the type of person to go on the computer to get help, but it seems this is the only way to get help and support.  Does anyone know who started this web site?  They are a God send.....

TheEwAy2 -  You are like a walking Encylopedia!!!  How do you know so much about all of this?  I know you were not on the Poison as long as me.......but you are so caring and helpful.  YOU should be paid for this :).

I took a Natrol Melatonin 10 mg. and it had 5-HTP in it.... I went to bed at 9:30 and got up at about 5:00 a.m.  Wow.....but it still does not feel like sleep.....I feel ok today, but I feel off.....stupid Withdrawal....  My husband gave me a massage last night and I think that helped too.  I read Massage is good....helps increase Seratonin.......  I don't want to rely on taking Melatonin every night and I won't......you can go crazy reading everything that might help or might not......  I did get out for a run today.....very lethargic.....I have been a runner for 30 years....and I feel like death out there......my husband and I are both runners...He likes reading your posts....He wanted me to ask you if you know of anyone who has had a class action lawsuit against the pharmaceutical companies  or their doctor, for putting us on these Poisons for many years.  I feel like going on a crusade... contacting News Stations even T.V.  The Doctors, Dr. Oz, etc.....You hear so much on the news and T.V. about Opiods,,,,,but these drugs (benzo's and anti-depressants) are just as bad too.  They need to know what withdrawal is like and what it does to you....My doctor should have not had me on these for 7 years...I AM SO MAD....sorry,,,,,I had to vent and I know you Understand....

Until next post, ......oh, there are herd of deer in our yard....so pretty.... :smitten:

Good Morning RG,

I am 8 weeks out from my jump (Atavan), and my sleep has been getting slightly more regular recently. I was on an every other night pattern last few weeks, and felt awful on the off days. So yesterday, I felt wonderful all day. Ate like a horse (I've really struggled with no appetite, stress stomach, etc.). Last night I was feeling like I had beat this thing and I would really sleep. Wrong!

Got 2-3 broken hours, max. Awakened with anxiety, feel depleted. So frustrating. Oh well, time to start the day and count my blessings-it could be a whole lot worse.

My husband has also been reading some of the posts-success stories and encouraging posts. He has traveled this road with me for these few months, and he has been so supportive! I'm sure he gets tired of my complaining at times. Lol. Anyways, we have also thought about some sort of class action. Poison is right! If and when I recover, I do feel a responsibility to warn others.

Hope its a good day for all!

Tigereye

Hi Runnergirl and Tigereye,

''In the 1980s and early 1990s, benzodiazepines were responsible for the largest-ever class-action lawsuit against drug manufacturers in the UK. The lawsuit involved 14,000 patients and 1,800 law firms and over £50 million pounds was spent on legal aid and by the drug companies. The suit alleged that the drug manufacturers were aware of the dependence-causing potential of the benzodiazepines, but that they intentionally withheld this information from medical prescribers like doctors.''If you google it -you will find more info.As a result,in the UK GPs no longer prescribe benzos long term, if at  all.At least somewhere,they learned the lesson!

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND CARING.  I am not the type of person to go on the computer to get help, but it seems this is the only way to get help and support.  Does anyone know who started this web site?  They are a God send.....

TheEwAy2 -  You are like a walking Encylopedia!!!  How do you know so much about all of this?  I know you were not on the Poison as long as me.......but you are so caring and helpful.  YOU should be paid for this :).

I took a Natrol Melatonin 10 mg. and it had 5-HTP in it.... I went to bed at 9:30 and got up at about 5:00 a.m.  Wow.....but it still does not feel like sleep.....I feel ok today, but I feel off.....stupid Withdrawal....  My husband gave me a massage last night and I think that helped too.  I read Massage is good....helps increase Seratonin.......  I don't want to rely on taking Melatonin every night and I won't......you can go crazy reading everything that might help or might not......  I did get out for a run today.....very lethargic.....I have been a runner for 30 years....and I feel like death out there......my husband and I are both runners...He likes reading your posts....He wanted me to ask you if you know of anyone who has had a class action lawsuit against the pharmaceutical companies  or their doctor, for putting us on these Poisons for many years.  I feel like going on a crusade... contacting News Stations even T.V.  The Doctors, Dr. Oz, etc.....You hear so much on the news and T.V. about Opiods,,,,,but these drugs (benzo's and anti-depressants) are just as bad too.  They need to know what withdrawal is like and what it does to you....My doctor should have not had me on these for 7 years...I AM SO MAD....sorry,,,,,I had to vent and I know you Understand....

Until next post, ......oh, there are herd of deer in our yard....so pretty.... :smitten:

For me sleep issues have been more problematic past the 50  % mark of the taper.  I am not down about 75 % and no matter how slow it hasn't resolved.  Not sure what to do as I am already on other meds that should help.

Hi ThEwAy2 and Tigereye and Alicia,

Well, I did "jinx" myself....here I thought I was getting better with sleep, but nope....the last 3 nights terrible.  Why does this happen?  You have some good nights and then wham.....you get hit again, no sleep or very little or broken.  It is horrible being up since 4:00 a.m. and cannot go back and the anxiety is terrible, even my breathing gets out of whack.  I have also been getting little leg jerks in my left leg, when I go to bed, and horrible sweating at night!  NEVER had this before.....Is this all withdrawal?  So hard to function with no sleep....I told my husband I feel like my life is passing me by....He feels so bad for me....

I am about 7 months off Clonzapam and about 2 weeks off Amitriptyline......Could this be the amitriptyline withdrawal too? 

You get so desperate for sleep....and there is nothing to help you.....It really helps to read old posts and new :thumbsup:  ThEwAy2...keep up your positive posts...we need them!!!!  Will our brains heal? :tickedoff:

Tigereye and Alicia....how are you both doing ?

Im currently tapering clonazepam 0.25 mg using liquid suspension after going into tolerance wd in august.

Developed insomnia in tolerance wd and seems like its getting worse the lower I go in my taper,I am currently down to 0.1825 (27% of my original dose 0.25mg).Was just wondering how far along in your taper you were hit with insomnia?

I am also on amitriptilyine 70mg daily for migraines,seems like I became tolerant to sedative properties of amitriptyline after being on it for years.Before going into tolerance wd in august I have been sleeping like a baby for 8 years on amitriptyline+ clonazepam and never had a bad nights sleep ! My doc also gave me Mirtazapine for insomnia to take it as needed for insomnia.Has anyone taken mirtazapine on when needed basis rather than every day?Can i get addicted to it if i take it few times a week?

I take Remron ( mamirtapine) as needed: It actually works better in a very small dose- I cut a 15mg pill in 3rd and that third works well

Alicia77,

I am tapering off klonopin and the insomnia started just this week when I reduced to .18mg.  I really hope it lifts soon!

Wishing you a good sleep tonight!

Hi ThEwAy2 and Tigereye and Alicia,

Well, I did "jinx" myself....here I thought I was getting better with sleep, but nope....the last 3 nights terrible.  Why does this happen?  You have some good nights and then wham.....you get hit again, no sleep or very little or broken.  It is horrible being up since 4:00 a.m. and cannot go back and the anxiety is terrible, even my breathing gets out of whack.  I have also been getting little leg jerks in my left leg, when I go to bed, and horrible sweating at night!  NEVER had this before.....Is this all withdrawal?  So hard to function with no sleep....I told my husband I feel like my life is passing me by....He feels so bad for me....

I am about 7 months off Clonzapam and about 2 weeks off Amitriptyline......Could this be the amitriptyline withdrawal too? 

You get so desperate for sleep....and there is nothing to help you.....It really helps to read old posts and new :thumbsup:  ThEwAy2...keep up your positive posts...we need them!!!!  Will our brains heal? :tickedoff:

Tigereye and Alicia....how are you both doing ?

Hi Runnergirl,

Some nights I sleep,some nights I don't .I'm not even half way in my taper.I still take amitriptyline ,I had to up my dose when insomnia started in tolerance w/d,not sure if it is helping much.I also take Mirtazapine when needed for sleep.

Hope you have better nights sleep today !))