Large batch made with OraPlus

[St...]

Hey yo!!, Bella Amis and @Peter2017,

I have uno problemo!  Since my taper plan calls for start rate 1 mg V divided in 4 daily doses, today, I decided to do dry cut, in 4 doses.  So, 0.25 mg dry 4 times daily.  Well, the problem is, 0.25 is too large a dose for me at one time. I tried 2 times this way and just got THE worst banging, pounding heart, it was also irregular.  Additionally, a headache to end all and my appetite just disappeared for most of the day.  I have just returned from my wonderful doctor and she advised me to....ugh....sorry, but ask you....please to make up another plan.  Okay I said it. I know I’m silly, but right now I’m embarrassed and feel awful asking for help again.  But I don’t know where else to turn :'(.

Peter2017 is doing a Valium micro taper as well. I thought I could copy his, and not have to bother you, but that won’t work because I need to divide my 1 mg daily over 6 doses.  Peter doesn’t do 6 doses. Also, if you read his plan, you will see what his cuts are, don’t quote me, but, I think 1/300??

Also, when reading what we talked about he mentioned that as the dose got smaller, he was wondering if he would be able to maintain that cut rate.  I guess moving to lower doses, the percent cut should be smaller? Pretty sure I got that right!

So, what do you think? Any thoughts, opinions, suggestions?  I really hope that I am not imposing on your good will, but, I just can’t tolerate taking 0.25 mg at once. I lost so much weight during the first month and weigh only a scary 101 lbs.  maybe that’s why it hits me so hard??

I just don’t know.  Builder didn’t seem to think even 2 divided doses (.50 x 2) daily should pose a hardship, but I can’t even manage 0.25 x 4.  So, my only option is to stay at 6 doses.  So sorry  :-[

It’s not a rush tho :).  I sort of think I could start on Monday.  Also, Peter thought it would make my life easier if I got a bottle stopper and some kind of syringe that would measure very accurate amounts. But, I forget what size syringe and what the increments should be.

Oh wow.  I really am sorry. I feel like this liquid process is so complicated, but I know it’s not. I just can’t seem to think straight. 

Do you think you might have some time to help out a BB? The BB being me, MissD? See? That rhymes!  Can’t do math but can do silly rhymes. Not very useful.

Well, mull this ridiculous post over and see what you think.  :smitten:

Hi Miss D-

I revised the taper plan into 6 doses daily as you requested. The figures in this taper schedule are rounded to the nearest hundreth. Being that you are on such a low dose (1mg V) divided up 6x, it may be difficult to be more precise due to rounding off factor (see * below). The long half life of Valium should compensate for any variations between the 6 doses. At that low level of medication the interdose issues you are now experiencing are more than likely being caused by the withdrawal it self not necessarily the "interdose" issues ...JMHO. Once you hit .5mgV there is no longer a "therapeutic" benefit from the V. This is the point where most people "jump" ;)

*Because of the low dose, 6x dosing & the rounding off factor I would draw theTOTAL( 6x doses) for the day using the 10ml syringe. Put this into a sterile glass 10ml or 12ml vial. Then draw each individual dose with the tuberculin syringe from that vial. The very last dose of the day add water & drink the last dose from the vial so you don't loose any of the medication. :thumbssup:

You do not need a "bottle stopper". To release any air pockets in the syringe(s) you simply invert the syringe & tap it gently & the air bubble will release out the top. As far as the space in the tip of the syringe & "accuracy", do not worry about that either. Space in the tip of syringe will be there every time so consider the first time the initial "reduction" & the rest of your doses will be consistent as this space is consistent. I hope this makes sense to you.

Here is a 4 weeks plan customized just for you :)

Syringes:

Use for each individual dose: 

1ml 100 increment tuberculin syringe: 1 line= .001mg when using a 10:1 (10ml=1mg) suspension[/b]

1ml tuberculin syringe

Use for preparing suspension & drawing out TOTAL DAILY DOSE:

10ml oral syringe: Each line = .02mg/ml

10 ml syringe

Formula:

10ml=1mg

1) Put 5 - 2mg tablets in a small vial with10ml of ethanol

2) Put 50ml of Ora-plus+ 40ml of water in a 100ml graduating cylinder shake vigorously

3) Add the solvent solution to the Ora-plus suspension once tablets are dissolved. Shake vigorously

Start dose = 1mg;  5% of 1mg =.05mg; .05mg/14days =.0035mg; roundedoff =.004mg = TOTAL Daily Reduction

1mg/6x = .167mg(1.67ml)  6x a day

Take 1.67ml 6x a day (10ml). This will be your starting dose. Then follow the chart.

Cut % is rounded off         

Cut                      1x                        6x                  Total Daily

Day#        5% (.05)                  Dose                    Dose                Reduction                   

Start          .004                    1.67ml                10.00ml                    0

1)                                          1.66ml                  9.96ml                .004mg

2)                                          1.65ml                  9.92ml                .008mg

3)                                          1.65ml                  9.88ml                .012mg

4)                                          1.64ml                  9.84ml                .016mg

5)                                          1.63ml                  9.80ml                .020mg

6)                                          1.62ml                  9.76ml                .024mg

7)                                          1.62ml                  9.72ml                .028mg

8}                                          1.61ml                  9.68ml                .032mg

9)                                          1.61ml                  9.64ml                .036mg

10)                                          1.60ml                  9.60ml                .040mg

11)                                          1.59ml                  9.56ml                .044mg

12)                                          1.58ml                  9.52ml                .048mg

13)                                          1.57ml                  9.48ml                .052mg

14)                                          1.57ml                  9.44ml                .056mg

2nd 5% reduction:

Start dose = .94mg;  5% of .94mg =.047mg; .047mg/14days =.0033mg; rounded off = .003mg = TOTAL Daily Reduction

.94mg/6x = .157mg (1.57ml) 6x a day

Take 1.57ml 6x a day (9.44ml). This will be your starting dose. Then follow the chart.

Cut %  rounded off     

Approx.                  1x                          6x                Total Daily

Cut            Dose                    Dose                    Dose              Reduction

Day#        5% (.05)                                 

Start          .003                    1.57ml                  9.44ml                      0

1)                                          1.57ml                  9.41ml                .059mg

2)                                          1.56ml                  9.38ml                .062mg

3)                                          1.56ml                  9.35ml                .065mg

4)                                          1.55ml                  9.32ml                .068mg

5)                                          1.55ml                  9.29ml                .071mg

6)                                          1.54ml                  9.26ml                .074mg

7)                                          1.54ml                  9.23ml                .077mg

8}                                          1.53ml                  9.20ml                .080mg

9)                                          1.53ml                  9.17ml                .083mg

10)                                          1.52ml                  9.14ml                .086mg

11)                                          1.52ml                  9.11ml                .089mg

12)                                          1.51ml                  9.08ml                .092mg

13)                                          1.51ml                  9.05ml                .095mg

14)                                          1.50ml                  9.02ml                .098mg

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Mi...]

• [Be...]

• [pe...]

• [bu...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow!!!!!  I am one lucky lady!

I’m on a roll now.  Everything is sorted out and so grateful to you and Peter!

I did end up getting bottle stoppers and they really are a convenient addition to my ‘paraphernelia’. Thank you all from da bottom of my lil ole heart.  I am beyond excited to start the countdown.  Took my first liquid dose @ 4:00, smooth as silk. With dry cuts the doses were uneven, although the total dose for the day was always 1 mg.  Having said that, tho, I could notice the difference quite easily between a slightly smaller or larger dose. That problem has now been eliminated!

Look out!  There’s no stopping me now! Off to the (slow and steady) races. Oxymoron, much?  :laugh:

Thank you Mr. Moderator....she salutes!  Time for you to get a raise!

Hi Bella,

I was glad to see your note about jumping at 0.5 mgV. I will be at 0.75 mg tomorrow and have been going back and forth about whether to jump at 0.5 or ride all the way down to 0. I guess I will see how I feel when I get there but your comment is encouraging. Thanks.

Peter

• 5 weeks later...

@[Pe...]

Cheers and a big hello to you both.  Hope all is well.  Perhaps you are Olympicing (if that's your thing), moderating moderately (Bella Amis), and closing in on April when a jump may be contemplated (Peter2017).  I would love to hear from both of you.  Let me know how life is treating you as we slowly approach Spring  :D

I am quickly approaching the end of my first month of daily micro liquid taper, following your schedules (thank-you!!!!) and need to sort out the coming month.  I'm doing reasonably well, not finding the taper too onerous, but still symptomatic, although to a much lesser extent and severity.  I will admit to being somewhat impatient with the process. It works.....but, wow!....it's slow. I'll be celebrating my 108th birthday by the time I finish (slight exaggeration)!

I was hoping to garner some opinions from you regarding cutting faster.  If I am correct, which is doubtful, I am tapering 5%?? Can anyone confirm this? And 5% over what period of time?

What do you both think about perhaps increasing to somewhere in the neighbourhood of 8-10% cut?

I am asking rather tentatively because I know patience is key in this process and I don't want to risk having a protracted withdrawal phase after I jump.  The dose that I am on is low, if you check, you will see this. So.....I'm just wondering if I should speed this up or stay the course  :crazy:

Either way, once I have some feedback maybe you could develop another schedule for the next month based on whatever % cut we decide upon.

FYI: on Monday, Feb. 19th, I will be at total daily dose of  8.49 ml divided in THREE (3), YA! 3 daily doses.  I did fiddle with the original schedule a bit and have gone a little faster occasionally.

I do apologize for not being able to figure this out myself, but cog. impairment combined with pathetic math skills do not contribute to this sort of task.  :tickedoff:, which is really annoying!!!!!

I look forward to hearing your opinions, getting a schedule, but most importantly finding out how my dear benzo buddies are faring.

:smitten: :smitten:

Hi MissD,

It was nice to hear how well you are doing.

Your schedule was based on a 5% cut every 14 days. At the end of 28 days you were scheduled to be a bit over 0.9 mg. Right now you are at 0.849 mg (8.49 ml) so you are tapering faster than the schedule. Bella can chime in on whether it is advisable to speed up.

I am doing pretty well. I have strong physical symptoms (internal vibrations which are very annoying and slow but uncomfortably strong heart rate which is weird) on about half my days. Most of the time I am tolerating the w/d sxs without a great deal of anxiety. I use exercise and meditation to reduce my stress.

I am on day 104 of this final round of tapering. Today's dose is 0.6533 mg.  I continue to taper a total of 0.1 mg every 30 days without adjustments to reflect the decreasing daily dose. I hope and expect I can continue that schedule until April 6th when I reach 0.5 mg and jump. I think Bella jumped at 0.5 mg.

Best wishes for continued success in your taper.

Peter

Hi Peter!

So nice to receive your reply!!  So, you have some odd symptoms but are maintaining exercise and meditation. That's good!

I have not experienced the internal vibrations which do sound quite annoying, but the slow, strong heartbeat lives with me a lot.

I'm sure the very powerful combination of exercise and meditation goes far to help mitigate your anxiety.  That was a wise decision to incorporate those factors into your lifestyle.  I love to exercise, but my body feels continuously sore.  I do loads of slow stretching and easy yoga poses at home, but used to be a real gym rat, hitting the weights and bike big time.

That sort of high powered routine does not feel right for me now sadly.  Walking is wonderful though.  The fresh air and sunshine (when we have it) are a real mood booster. As spring rolls around, we can look forward to icy sidewalks disappearing, boots coming off and all that good stuff.

Oh, and that slow powerful heartbeat, I almost always have it when I lie down to (try) to sleep. It's so weird, but I can "hear" it in my ear and pillow. Strange and super irritating.  I already have such a hard time falling asleep (but it is improving, slowly)

I like what your Buddha has to say on the subject "welcome the waves. you are healing" I like your Buddha! He has a great attitude  8)

I'm envious of you.  You are close to jumping (maybe). Obviously since I don't know you, I can't predict whether you will or not, but just knowing that you are close enough to the end to even contemplate that option does turn me a little green. But, I would be delighted for you, of course, if you were able to complete this part of the journey in April.

We will wait and see.  I look forward to what Bella Amis has to say both regarding your possible jump and my accelerating my progress.

Talk soon!  :thumbsup:  :smitten:

Hey Miss D!

Sounds like you are eager to get off the benzo poison....WOW ...you even dropped three of the six doses  :o Good for you! I see you are now at 8.49 ml (.849mg) That is impressive my friend! At this rate you are reducing 7% every 2 weeks or 15% per month. The only thing with Valium is cuts may creep up on you weeks later.

So it is hard to tell just how fast to go not knowing exactly how fast you metabolize the drug. I would dare to say keep it at this rate & just see how you feel. If symptoms start up you may have to "hold" for a bit to try to stabilize. So I guess you must make a decision on how fast to go. Either way I will do a chart so you have a guide line anyhow.

Can hardly wait for spring! I am starting to get really busy with outdoor activities so let me know asap what you decide so I can come up with some figures for you.

Hey yo! Bella Amis,

So happy to hear from you too!!!  Thanks so much for the input.  I agree, since I am now cutting at 7%, let's stay at that.

And you are spot on....I am very eager to get off the benzo poison, can't wait in fact.  In some ways it was "easier" when symptoms were worse in the early days.  I was incapable of doing anything and didn't want to.  Now I am reasonably capable but want to do more than I can! Well, this will all pass.  Nevertheless I like 7% and would like to give that a shot.

So, if your abacus is still working......would you mind working up a schedule?

On the point of making schedules, my daughter asked me if I had to pay for this most valuable service, to which I replied no.  Awwww! She said.  "can't you find out the real identity of these people and at least send them a gift of thanks for their kindness?"  I don't know if that is how this forum works, I suppose we try to protect our identities, however, I sure would love to send both you and Peter a little sumthin, sumthin as you have both been so incredibly generous and helpful to me.  Do let me know if this is a possibility!

I hope that you are well and enjoying your moderate moderating. And yes!!! spring will soon be springing.  Flowers to plant, bike to ride, hikes to take...swimming!!! Yay!

:smitten::D:smitten:

Hey yo! Bella Amis,

So happy to hear from you too!!!  Thanks so much for the input.  I agree, since I am now cutting at 7%, let's stay at that.

And you are spot on....I am very eager to get off the benzo poison, can't wait in fact.  In some ways it was "easier" when symptoms were worse in the early days.  I was incapable of doing anything and didn't want to.  Now I am reasonably capable but want to do more than I can! Well, this will all pass.  Nevertheless I like 7% and would like to give that a shot.

So, if your abacus is still working......would you mind working up a schedule?

On the point of making schedules, my daughter asked me if I had to pay for this most valuable service, to which I replied no.  Awwww! She said.  "can't you find out the real identity of these people and at least send them a gift of thanks for their kindness?"  I don't know if that is how this forum works, I suppose we try to protect our identities, however, I sure would love to send both you and Peter a little sumthin, sumthin as you have both been so incredibly generous and helpful to me.  Do let me know if this is a possibility!

I hope that you are well and enjoying your moderate moderating. And yes!!! spring will soon be springing.  Flowers to plant, bike to ride, hikes to take...swimming!!! Yay!

:smitten::D:smitten:

Hi Miss D!

Awww...your daughter sounds like a sweetie pie! Give her a giant :hug: from me. No gifts allowed... forum rules  :nono: Thank-you for simply showing your gratitude! Hey maybe some day up you can simply "pay it forward" some small way to some who is in need. The world would be a much better place if every one was a kind & thoughtful as you...

Ok, so you want a schedule for 7% reduction every 14 days from 8.49mg divided into 3 doses...I will try to have this completed before your 108th  :happybday:  :2funny:

:smitten:

Lol! 108th....coming right up!

Thanks soooo much! Rest assured, it most certainly be paid forward.

One of my ‘things’ is volunteering and helping people in general. It just feels right.

I truly believe smiling, holding doors, helping with groceries, an arm to cross a slippery street, a meal delivered to a door...acts of this sort make our world a kinder more human/humane place to live in.

Acts such as these are so important.  They remind us of our humanity, and remind us to behave with that same humanity.

I do appreciate very gratefully your kind effort on me behalf, dear Bella Amis, or beautiful friend in translation.

:smitten: :smitten:, as always!

Lol! 108th....coming right up!

Thanks soooo much! Rest assured, it most certainly be paid forward.

One of my ‘things’ is volunteering and helping people in general. It just feels right.

I truly believe smiling, holding doors, helping with groceries, an arm to cross a slippery street, a meal delivered to a door...acts of this sort make our world a kinder more human/humane place to live in.

Acts such as these are so important.  They remind us of our humanity, and remind us to behave with that same humanity.

I do appreciate very gratefully your kind effort on me behalf, dear Bella Amis, or beautiful friend in translation.

:smitten: :smitten:, as always!

Hey there MissD-

You sound like a very kind, thoughtful person.  :hug:  :mybuddy:  :smitten:

I have your plan all done! I hope this plan will work for you. If you have any questions just give a shout. I also want you to knowthat  our buddy Jim Hawk has created a program to "make your own" taper plan. He is still in the process of developing it. This new program is easy to use & a rock solid program.

You may want to check it out Jim Hawks Create Your Own Taper Plan

Formula:

1:10 (1mg-10ml)

1) Put 5 - 2mg Valium tablets in a small vial with 10ml of ethanol

2) Put 50ml of Ora-plus+ 40ml of water in a 100ml graduating cylinder shake vigorously

3) Add the solvent solution to the Ora-plus suspension once tablets are dissolved. Shake vigorously

**CALCULATIONS ARE ROUNDED OFF**

Start dose = .85mg; 

7% of .85mg =.06mg; .06mg/14days = .004mg = TOTAL Daily Reduction

10% of .85mg = .085mg; .085/14days = .006mg =  TOTAL Daily Reduction

Take 2.83ml 3x a day (8.49ml). This will be your starting dose. Then follow the chart.

Start/Liquid/Doses      Liquid              Milligram              Total                Total

1X                      3X                Reduction        Reduction          Reduced                       

7%/10%            7%/10%            Per Day            Per Day              Daily                 

Weeks            ml                      ml                7%/10%          7%/10%            7%/10%           

Start              2.83                  8.49                  -0-                  -0-                    .849

1)            2.82/2.81          8.45/8.43          .04/.06          .004/.006          .845/.843

2)            2.81/2.79          8.41/8.37          .08/.12          .008/.012          .841/.837

3)            2.80/2.77          8.37/8.31          .12/.18          .012/.018          .837/.831

4)            2.79/2.75          8.33/8.25          .16/.24          .016/.024          .833/.825

5)            2.78/2.73          8.29/8.19          .20/.30          .020/.030          .829/.819

6)            2.77/2.71          8.25/8.13          .24/.36          .024/.036          .825/.813

7)            2.76/2.69          8.21/8.07          .28/.42          .028/.042          .821/.807

8}            2.75/2.67          8.17/8.01          .32/.48          .032/.048          .817/.801

9)            2.74/2.65          8.13/7.95          .36/.54          .036/.054          .813/.795

10)            2.73/2.63          8.09/7.89          .40/.60          .040/.060          .809/.789

11)            2.72/2.61          8.05/7.83          .44/.66          .044/.066          .805/.783

12)            2.71/2.59          8.01/7.77          .48/.72          .048/.072          .801/.777

13)            2.70/2.57          7.97/7.71          .52/.78          .052/.078          .797/.771

14)            2.69/2.55          7.93/7.65          .56/.84          .056/.084          .793/.765

Bi-Weekly  Reduction Calculations                                                                 

Start/Liquid/Doses      Liquid            Milligram                Total                  Total

1X                    3X              Reduction            Reduction            Reduced                       

7%/10%          7%/10%          Per Day              Per Day            @14 days                 

Weeks            ml                    ml              7%/10%              7%/10%            7%/10% 

3-4          2.63/2.53        7.90/7.60        .034/.054          .0034/.0054        .790/.760

5-6          2.40/2.33        7.19/6.99        .032/.044          .0032/.0044        .719/.699

7-8          2.17/2.12        6.53/6.37        .030/.039          .0030/.0039        .653/.637

9-10        1.97/1.94        5.91/5.81        .028/.036          .0028/.0035        .591/.581

11-12        1.80/1.79        5.41/5.36        .026/.032          .0026/.0032        .541/.536

13-14        1.79/1.65        5.07/4.95        .024/.029          .0024/.0029        .507/.495

@10% This point is .50mg of Valium *Jump point*

15-16        1.58/1.53        4.75/4.59        .023/.026          .0023/.0026        .475/.445

17-18        1.49/1.42        4.46/4.27        .021/.023          .0021/.0023        .446/.427

19-20        1.39/1.33        4.18/3.98        .020/.021          .0020/.0021        .418/.398

21-22        1.31/1.24        3.93/3.71        .018/.019          .0018/.0019        .393/.371

23-24        1.24/1.16        3.71/3.47        .016/.017          .0016/.0017        .371/.347

Done                                                                     

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Start/Doses          Liquid            Milligram            Total              Amount

1X                    3X              Reduction        Reduction        Reduced                       

7%/10%          7%/10%          Per Day            Per Day              Daily                 

Day                ml                    ml                7%/10%          7%/10%          7%/10%           

Start  _____________________________________________________________         

1      [___________][___________][___________][___________][___________]               

2      [___________][___________][___________][___________][___________]         

3      [___________][___________][___________][___________][___________]           

4      [___________][___________][___________][___________][___________]         

5      [___________][___________][___________][___________][___________]           

6      [___________][___________][___________][___________][___________]         

7      [___________][___________][___________][___________][___________]         

8      [___________][___________][___________][___________][___________]           

9      [___________][___________][___________][___________][___________]         

10      [___________][___________][___________][___________][___________]         

11      [___________][___________][___________][___________][___________]           

12      [___________][___________][___________][___________][___________]         

13      [___________][___________][___________][___________][___________]         

14      [___________][___________][___________][___________][___________]           

WOW!!!!!  :thumbsup: AMAZING!!  Thank you so much Bella Amis. You have me covered right till the hopefully not bitter end.

AND...you gave me options: 7%, 10%.  That is so thoughtful.

I am really thrilled. Going to start with 10% reduction for two weeks and see how that goes.  Instead of a dim, flickering light at the end of the tunnel, I see a blazing sun.  What a relief! I am going for it!!!

Thank you times 1,000,000  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hello MissD, Bella, & Jim,

It is great to see so much positive energy in benzodiazepine tapering discussions.

MissD, I hope all is going well with your taper. I think you will definitely succeed in freeing yourself from Valium. You have had a remarkable journey.

Cheers,

Peter

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Bella, Jim and the ineffable Bella Amis!!!!

Well Spring has sprung....in theory only, of course, this is after all Canada! HA! Pleased to meet you, Jim. Thank you for your kind comment. I think we have to be enthusiastic. I think we have a lot to look forward to: BENZO FREE!!!!! How great is that!

Now, a word with @Peter2017. So....April is on the horizon. Have you been able to come to a decision about whether or not to jump @ .5?

Would love to hear how you are doing and what your plans are. How is that poundy heart thing going? I'll bet it's going away. And if it's not, it will. Guaranteed. Drop me a line, would be much appreciated.

Finalement, @Bella Amis. Are you still moderately moderating. I think so. You are so generous. I must apologize for not seeing the latest posts, Peter and Jim, my thoughts and actions are not glued to the benzo withdrawal process. Truth be told, I deliberately stay away from the forum. I focus on other things and try to let this process chug away as background noise to my life.  Hope that is not rude, but, it is what I need right now and seems to be working. And you know what 'they' (whoever 'they' are?) say about things that are not broken!

Anyhow, I think I have made a mistake in my titration schedule.  I have been blithely skipping along, merrily continuing my schedule and when I went to the instructions you gave me, to make up the next little while, I think I goofed.  :crazy: Nothing new here!

I have not been paying attention to the deduction amounts.  They seem to change as I progress -  >:D, surprise!!!

So, now I don't know where I am.  Well obviously I do. I am in Montreal. Duh. What I mean to say is I have no clue if I am in week 3-4, 5-6. Get it?

Can you, oh kind, benevolent doer of all things good and fair position me.  Of course I will give you hints, I'm not that mean (actually I'm not mean at all  ::) .  So that I can get you up to speed I'll tell you what I am doing and where I am.

Here is what the past week looked like.

Saturday March 17 - Saturday March 24

Total dose ml        2 doses: am and pm

7.20 ml                3.60                3.60

7.14 ml                3.57                3.57

7.10 ml                3.55                3.55

7.06 ml                3.53                3.53

7.00 ml                3.50                3.50

6.96 ml                3.48                3.48

6.90 ml                3.45                3.45

6.86 ml                3.43                3.43

To make my calculations, I subtract 0.054 ml from the previous day and divide into 2 doses.  But....I haven't changed that %!!!

My bad, I think?

Anyway you can figure out what I should do.  Now I have no idea whether or not I am on target or not  :tickedoff:  POO! How annoying of me.

So, to all of you, keep pushing that rock up the hill!  Peter, let me know what your intentions are. Wow!  You are so close!

Jim, I did not see your signature, but am assuming that you are pushing the rock uphill as well.  Keep on going. One foot in front of the other will get you to where you want and deserve to be.

Dear Bella, I truly hope that you are well and that moderating does not suck the life out of you. I am sure that it can be quite difficult.

From my perspective and where I am now in my 'long and winding road', I could not do it.  Hence, my absence.  The more removed I keep myself from reading on the forum, the less mental and emotional impact this journey seems to have on me and the less I obsess about it and all the stupid symptoms.  I keep my hands over my ears and la-la-la-dee-doo-doo-doo.....can't hear you, can't feel you, you annoying withdrawal symptoms.  You are not allowed into my life so go away, then I get on with something else.  This approach is now doable and seems to be holding me in good stead.

Well, I do look forward to hearing from you, Bella; both how you are faring, how the weather is where you live, can you plant anything yet??????? Huh? Huh? If so I am jealous.  We still have a fair amount of snow on the ground.  Long winter.  Snow from November til present and extremely cold December and January. Bitter.

Do tell if I am doing my schedule all wrong,  :laugh: :laugh:.  And how to put it straight, please and thank-you.

love, hugs and kisses  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

MissD

Oooooo Jim!!

I see you are free now. Lovely and so happy for you - soaring in the sky - reborn.  Gives me goosebumps.

I bet you are loving your freedom too!  Really like your avatar (if that is what it is called) - I am an insane nature lover, enthusiast and tree hugger. But......I do shave my legs!  :laugh:. Wow. Just realized that if you are young, that shave the legs comment will make no sense at all. Oops!  I am of the age where people who loved nature in all it's guises were referred to as granola eating tree huggers who don't shave their legs.  You had to be there, I guess.  That was in the 70's and 80's.  A lifetime ago.  ::)

Nice of you to drop in and reaffirm Bella's fabulosity!

MissD

Hi Bella, Jim and the ineffable Bella Amis!!!!

Well Spring has sprung....in theory only, of course, this is after all Canada! HA! Pleased to meet you, Jim. Thank you for your kind comment. I think we have to be enthusiastic. I think we have a lot to look forward to: BENZO FREE!!!!! How great is that!

Now, a word with @Peter2017. So....April is on the horizon. Have you been able to come to a decision about whether or not to jump @ .5?

Would love to hear how you are doing and what your plans are. How is that poundy heart thing going? I'll bet it's going away. And if it's not, it will. Guaranteed. Drop me a line, would be much appreciated.

Finalement, @Bella Amis. Are you still moderately moderating. I think so. You are so generous. I must apologize for not seeing the latest posts, Peter and Jim, my thoughts and actions are not glued to the benzo withdrawal process. Truth be told, I deliberately stay away from the forum. I focus on other things and try to let this process chug away as background noise to my life.  Hope that is not rude, but, it is what I need right now and seems to be working. And you know what 'they' (whoever 'they' are?) say about things that are not broken!

Anyhow, I think I have made a mistake in my titration schedule.  I have been blithely skipping along, merrily continuing my schedule and when I went to the instructions you gave me, to make up the next little while, I think I goofed.  :crazy: Nothing new here!

I have not been paying attention to the deduction amounts.  They seem to change as I progress -  >:D, surprise!!!

So, now I don't know where I am.  Well obviously I do. I am in Montreal. Duh. What I mean to say is I have no clue if I am in week 3-4, 5-6. Get it?

Can you, oh kind, benevolent doer of all things good and fair position me.  Of course I will give you hints, I'm not that mean (actually I'm not mean at all  ::) .  So that I can get you up to speed I'll tell you what I am doing and where I am.

Here is what the past week looked like.

Saturday March 17 - Saturday March 24

Total dose ml        2 doses: am and pm

7.20 ml                3.60                3.60

7.14 ml                3.57                3.57

7.10 ml                3.55                3.55

7.06 ml                3.53                3.53

7.00 ml                3.50                3.50

6.96 ml                3.48                3.48

6.90 ml                3.45                3.45

6.86 ml                3.43                3.43

To make my calculations, I subtract 0.054 ml from the previous day and divide into 2 doses.  But....I haven't changed that %!!!

My bad, I think?

Anyway you can figure out what I should do.  Now I have no idea whether or not I am on target or not  :tickedoff:  POO! How annoying of me.

So, to all of you, keep pushing that rock up the hill!  Peter, let me know what your intentions are. Wow!  You are so close!

Jim, I did not see your signature, but am assuming that you are pushing the rock uphill as well.  Keep on going. One foot in front of the other will get you to where you want and deserve to be.

Dear Bella, I truly hope that you are well and that moderating does not suck the life out of you. I am sure that it can be quite difficult.

From my perspective and where I am now in my 'long and winding road', I could not do it.  Hence, my absence.  The more removed I keep myself from reading on the forum, the less mental and emotional impact this journey seems to have on me and the less I obsess about it and all the stupid symptoms.  I keep my hands over my ears and la-la-la-dee-doo-doo-doo.....can't hear you, can't feel you, you annoying withdrawal symptoms.  You are not allowed into my life so go away, then I get on with something else.  This approach is now doable and seems to be holding me in good stead.

Well, I do look forward to hearing from you, Bella; both how you are faring, how the weather is where you live, can you plant anything yet??????? Huh? Huh? If so I am jealous.  We still have a fair amount of snow on the ground.  Long winter.  Snow from November til present and extremely cold December and January. Bitter.

Do tell if I am doing my schedule all wrong,  :laugh: :laugh:.  And how to put it straight, please and thank-you.

love, hugs and kisses  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

MissD

Hey there MissD!

Your ears must have been ringin'...Ya know, I was just thinkin' about you the other day..I thought to myself, geez, I have not seen that silly MissD on here in quite some time...I think she may have fallen of the face of the earth :D  :laugh:

Hey...you are tapering just fine reducing .004 everyday. No one says you have to change the percentage  I didn't.  If you are doing ok at that rate then do not even for a minute worry about it. If symptoms become unmanageable then cut it back to .003 daily reduction. What ever works best for you  :thumbsup:

Nuthin' growing here yet except my inpatients and some fodder for my chickies. Still waiting for spring to come. Getting cabin fever...been a LONG winter.

So MissD, I guess you will be http://tctechcrunch2011.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/ohfuck_skydive.gif soon (.5 is the magic number) you are getting SO CLOSE  :yippee: 

Stop in more often...miss your humor...need a break from the BB taper schedule production line... they been workin' me to death upstairs (those administrators are real slave drivers ya know) and the damn stairs have been killin' me too...I think I am gonna BEG ask Colin to install an elevator :D

Any how, I am glad you stopped in & I can't wait to celebrate you being benzo free!  :smitten:

Oh bloody heck! Trying to compose a clever, pithy response to your kind post. Was half way through a delightfully wry and amusing flight of fancy when I accidentally deleted said masterpiece from existence.

Note: use laptop in future, iPhone (aka smart phone) was too stupid to realize I was composing an epic masterful reply!

Will retreat to the laptop and try to recreate my brilliant train of thought.

See you in a bit.

Right then!  Yes indeed, my ears were ringing!  I just assumed it was some new and improved w/d symptom aiming to shake things up with a fresh and unusual approach.  I blame every little piece of annoyance on w/d now, including my kittie's insatiable appetite, the slow arrival of spring and the refusal of my birds to visit my feeder. Just saying!

You had me laughing tho! re: the BB taper schedule production line!  Good one.  In return for the laugh I will tell you on how to achieve your dream of an elevator!!! Yesss!

Firstly you are far too kind.  You do not tell Colin that you need an elevator, you insist that you absolutely need and therefore must have one. If you simply 'tell' Colin, you will be met with obfuscation, hemming and hawing, a bit of apologetic blubbering and all sorts of bureaucratic rubbish.  We all know the dangers of trying to be polite when inveigling the haughty ADMINISTRATORS over towards your opinion and expecting a clear understanding and response to your problem.  Nay! Nay!, I say!

So, point is, while you are strongly insisting that said elevator be installed post haste, you will turn red in the face, stamp your feet, pound your chest all whilst wringing your hands in exasperation. If you are met with any vague, dismissive or other-wise unproductive responses, you will immediately proceed to Step Two of the Elevator Proposal.  That is: stamp your feet more vigorously, jump up and down in outrage if met with any reply that is deemed unsatisfactory.  Do not stop with foot-stamping.  Proceed immediately into uncontrollable sobbing - let those tears fly, that chin quiver, your face be contorted in anguish.  I do hope you understand that this hissy fit must be of operatic proportions!  Nothing less will do if you hope to succeed.  Do not, under any circumstances allow yourself to be interrupted in your performance.  Elevate your sobbing to gut wrenching wails of horror if Colin refuses to immediately acquiesce to your needs.  He will.  Once he has succumbed and acceded to your wishes strike while the iron is hot! Demand a delivery date of The Elevator. Do not, brooch any wishy-washy, ill defined date.  Revert to Step Two of the Elevator Proposal immediately if you are not met with obedient, sub-subservient approval of your request. 

There! Problem solved! Elevator will be granted!  oh, you may want to practice your performance if theatrical antics do not come naturally to you. Luckily, they do to me.  In fact, if I may be so bold to say, each subsequent performance I undertake surpasses the previous one quite handily. Ergo, I alwaysget my way. So, my Bella, be stubborn, be brave!  Go out into that wretched bureaucratic maelstrom and demand that your needs be met.  I have complete and utter confidence in you so will not wish you good luck.  You will not need it.

Oh yeah, the point of this reply. HA! Thank you for your approval of my tapering strategy. I am determined to have my way with this evil drug. And.....since getting my way is a specialty of mine (as the above methods have shown you).....I will be done with my drug paraphernalia, finished crushing tablets, no longer squirting foul tasting poison into my mouth......by: May 31!  Done and dusted!

love you muchly  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: will check in and say howdy when I no longer have to wear boots and a winter coat!!!

When the first crocuses bravely make their pretty faces known, when the birds twitter in ecstasy that spring has truly arrived.

MissD