please read! little success - benzo article will be published in my country

[in...]

Claudia, don't you have a blog you post on?  Many of us on here really like you and like to know what you've been through and how you're doing.

Hi Claudia,

I'm sorry you've has such a long battle with the gallbladder and the surgery for it that ensued.  Gosh, talk about negligence with a month in the hospital? My goodness claudia please get strong just to give them a piece of your mind.

Its good to see you well again to write here.

Luv

Saraa

hello buddies. had to share that with you!

after long thinking, i decided to write a letter to a local news paper in Austria. I told them about my story and about other people being tortured by benzos. the lady immediately responded and said she wants to talk to a psychiatrist first and will message me if they will publish something about benzos or not.

so 2 months went by..

aaaaand she called.

she said the psychiatrist signs everything i say about benzo withdrawal - EVERYTHING. she says it is absolut awful how some doctors prescribe benzos and that there are a lot of non benzo wise doctors out there. she also said that only "a minority" has PAWS after a long time BUT the minority is BIG if you look at the statistics how much people are addicted to benzos! i can't believe that i find a psychiatrist who says that WE ARE RIGHT!!

i talked about an hour with the journalist and i told her about benzo buddies, about the symptoms, about the way my doc prescribed me benzos,about my cold turkey. i told here everything imaginable. she absolutely understands. she said she knows someone who was addicted to heroin and benzos. this person said that heroin wd was nothing compared to the benzo wd.

so.. the article will be published in some days!!

The psychiatrist also said that windows and waves are totally normal AND THAT IT WILL GO AWAY WITH TIME, your brain will heal and will function again. it can take a long time to rebuild the damage benzos have done but eventually it will all go away.

TAKE CARE GUYS, love y'all.  :smitten:

WOW....this is GREAT! Thanks for your efforts .... :smitten:

Hi

Great to hear about the benzo article!

I have published two articles/ papers on benzo withdrawal, one of which concerns my own experiences of it.

I did this to make people aware of the lived experiences of those like myself who went through it. Being disbelieved or badly advised was the worst part for me. It was only through forums like this that i found out how to taper properly, otherwise I would have been in a constant mess.

If anyone wants to look at them they are available on the url links below. Best wishes magga :)

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/319554690_Stories_of_Hell_and_Healing_Internet_Users'_Construction_of_Benzodiazepine_Distress_and_Withdrawal

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/274086156_I%27m_Not_Waving_I%27m_Drowning_An_Autoethnographical_Exploration_of_Biographical_Disruption_and_Reconstruction_During_Recovery_From_Prescribed_Benzodiazepine_Use