Important Survey - Please Participate ×

brain mapping with Neurofeedback

[Er...]

ok guys went to a talk therapist yesterday and she also does brain mapping with neurofeedback.  The question i have is she said it will give her a better view of whats going on up there in my mind...have anyone of you guys tried this and what was your thoughts on it...she said it helps with anxiety, depression...ect

OK - I tried this and it was too much for my brain - doesnt mean it wont be for you.  Tell her to do hand tapping, rather than eye following stuff - made me too dizzy and you probably wont manage to do what normal people can tolerate.  Having said that I didnt find it helped and time was the cure!  Just needed the drugs out of the system totally and that took some time after off.  But give it a go if you want - jusr go easy on it.

Spring

What type of therapist does this?

I have gone to bodytalk, it gives here feedback with yes , no repsonse from the body somehow and a serious of taps that supposed to stimulate the brain, is this the same?

ok guys went to a talk therapist yesterday and she also does brain mapping with neurofeedback.  The question i have is she said it will give her a better view of whats going on up there in my mind...have anyone of you guys tried this and what was your thoughts on it...she said it helps with anxiety, depression...ect

Have you tried it yet, Eric?  Do let us know if you have.

thanks for all the responses guys.  I have my first appointment tomorrow at 8:45.... so i will let you guys know how it goes.

:thumbsup:

Good luck.

well guys i put it off till next friday the 29th...i told her it was stressing me out, so we put it off a little while... still doing the talk therapy, and that bringing up stuff i thought i had dealt with years ago..and bam its like im reliving the emotions like it just happened and i really dont like that:(

well guys i put it off till next friday the 29th...i told her it was stressing me out, so we put it off a little while... still doing the talk therapy, and that bringing up stuff i thought i had dealt with years ago..and bam its like im reliving the emotions like it just happened and i really dont like that:(

I'm sorry to hear that, Eric  :(  I hope that you feel better soon.