Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Over 60 help and support.

[Li...]

Hi DoveLuv, Katz, Espy, Sara and all

Thank you all for your helpful input. I do have help at home and

friends help on the phone a lot. My vision is poor, very blurred and

the vertigo and dizzy head really bad. I do distract by doing crosswords

etc. orally. I drink lots of water and fluids, eat nourishing food too.

The mental torment is indescribable. I do find it HARD to accept. The

anxiety and fear is overwhelming. I had a delayed recovery (with symptoms)

and it is now protracted. We all have to keep on keeping on!

Pat  :smitten:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ba...]

• [Ma...]

• [or...]

• [Fi...]

Top Posters In This Topic

CP, yes, it is hard. But you are almost there. It will end in healing. The hardest has to be behind you now. You will win this. Espy

Thanks Espy!

Last night and today have been particularly bad and I can only hope that

this is how it has to be before it can improve. I just cannot believe it can

get so bad! I have to climb up and down the stairs daily although I am

very disoriented but I manage as I hold on to the bannisters. I am determined

to sleep in my bedroom upstairs. I too beg the Maker for this to go...every

day! I try my best to distract myself from the horrendous symptoms.

Every cloud has a silver lining!

Pat  :)

I do  think if I could count on sleep now and then and had some in prson support I'd be much better.

Even Baylissa told m with no local contact she thought my situation kind of untenable... and sh so positive!

Hello Barbara,

It must be very hard alone but you will have support from folk like

myself and other BBs. I'm sure this will help you. I too am suffering severely. Have you any phone contasts? This can be a great help.

I am told we all will get through this.

Pat :smitten:

Hi Pat....How long out are you from taking your last benzo?  When you mentioned your stairs, it brought me back to a few months ago.  I too sleep upstairs and had extreme vertigo and muscle weakness.  Thank god I didn't fall down them but I did fall (go down to one knee) going up.  For awhile, I used both hands on the bannister.  About 6 weeks in, I walked up the stairs with no hands.  I was so excited and grateful for this small...but huge improvement....my journal was full of kudos to myself. A day later, I couldn't balance again.  This is how it works.  By the end of the week, my balance returned.  The stairs forced me to use my muscles and balance daily in early w/d.  It is risky so be careful.  Today, the vertigo comes to visit but not very often.  Healing is happening all the time, ya just have to pay attention and appreciate the small gains.  Take care

Hi DoveLuv, I have been off a long time (? don't journal). I understand

the sedative stays in brain and body a long long time. When I took my

last benzodiazepine I felt not so bad, even quite good for quite a while.

In protracted w\d now. Had windows and now in a brutal wave. Yes I believe

healing is taking place and keep distracted as much as possible. Glad you

are healing.  :)

Heartfelt posts, Esperanza.

Most of sxs are severe physical, I plead for them to go away each day.  I’m not at the accepting phase I read about.

We are healing ...

SaraSue

I am in a lot of physical pain too SS, it gets very tiring, but we hold on  :)

CP, I have only a number or two of people.  Would be useful and supportie to have a couple more.  Obviously sometimes you cannot or are not up to conversation... think we all get that .  But sure worth a try.  If two ar onthe same wavelength  often is beneficial to talk if just to be heard....  even for 5 minutes

• 2 weeks later...
We are going to get through this. Our generation has true grit, not like the whiny entitled millenials. We won't give in. We won't turn back. Hang tough!

We are going to get through this. Our generation has true grit, not like the whiny entitled millenials. We won't give in. We won't turn back. Hang tough!

Turning back is not an option.  We will survive.

SaraSue  :smitten:

Hi folks, I'm right smack dab in tornado country & we have a rough nite ahead with spring storms outbreak.

the puppers  & I are prepared but huge storms wrack nerves! no sleep either. Send up prayers for all in storm's paths.

SfD

Hi folks, I'm right smack dab in tornado country & we have a rough nite ahead with spring storms outbreak.

the puppers  & I are prepared but huge storms wrack nerves! no sleep either. Send up prayers for all in storm's paths.

SfD

SD, I will absolutely pray for you and puppers, and all others in storm area.  A few years ago , my hubby was out of town and there were tornadoes in our area.  I have a walkin closet overstuffed with clothes, I had three dogs at the time.  Getting us all in there wasn't easy :idiot:  but I was lucky and tv was right outside the door so Icould listen to weather report .  When it finally dissipate, I opened the closet door, 2 of the dogs  ran out, the other wouldn't come :laugh: :laugh:  She was funny.

Love you and that smiling happy dog, will be thinking of you , Mary 💞💝🌸💘

SD, I will absolutely pray for you and puppers, and all others in storm area.  A few years ago , my hubby was out of town and there were tornadoes in our area.  I have a walkin closet overstuffed with clothes, I had three dogs at the time.  Getting us all in there wasn't easy :idiot:  but I was lucky and tv was right outside the door so Icould listen to weather report .  When it finally dissipate, I opened the closet door, 2 of the dogs  ran out, the other wouldn't come :laugh: :laugh:  She was funny.

Hahaha Mary, I've done the attempted herding of dogs & cats into the hallway during tornadoes,some close ones with us under mattress,big cushions & blankets. All that going on with house getting lashed,electric going off,giant hail and lightning crazy wind and rain,TV hysteria of storm spotting & tornado sirens wailing!

I'm down to the 3 little dogs now so able to crate them if we go into the cubby hole.Only 1 of the 3 is a chicken during loud storms, bless his heart....he shakes and pants so hard it's a wonder he doesn't shiver into pieces (Thunder shirt doesn't help)

Hahaha Mary, I've done the attempted herding of dogs & cats into the hallway during tornadoes,some close ones with us under mattress,big cushions & blankets. All that going on with house getting lashed,electric going off,giant hail and lightning crazy wind and rain,TV hysteria of storm spotting & tornado sirens wailing!

I'm down to the 3 little dogs now so able to crate them if we go into the cubby hole.Only 1 of the 3 is a chicken during loud storms, bless his heart....he shakes and pants so hard it's a wonder he doesn't shiver into pieces (Thunder shirt doesn't help)

We don't get many here in San Antonio, I know that must be terrifying.  Poor baby, it's awful when they are scared.  Truly hope all the bad stuff dissipates and misses all of you 💙🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

SfD

Thinking about you, hope you are okay, please let us know, love you, Mary ♥️

SfD

Thinking about you, hope you are okay, please let us know, love you, Mary ♥️

Hey, we made it thru the big stormy nite,tons of rain and lightning & high winds with no problems.The alerts going off were waking me up,had to turn that off.I'm thankful no tornadoes,no damage.

Thanks for thinking of us,that good energy is what keeps the world spinning.

S

I just posted in the Ativan taper thread for help, then saw this group. I am old, should I have posted here? Thank you.

Sleepy,

The Taper group was probably the correct place to post (if it was for tapering help).  Post here, also.

SaraSue  :smitten:

Hi guys

Started reading this thread today from the beginning- too long for one day.

Jumped to the last few pages. I see some familiar faces.

I love the comraderie and you’re insights.

61 yrs  I’ve been on the benzo merry go round for 4 yrs.

You’re a strong group of people  Hoping it rubs off on me.

Hi Espy, one thing you said that resonates with me- glad I wasn’t on benzos and going through this while raising my kids. I couldn’t even drink. Didn’t want to be a hungover mom and I’m a lightweight.

Not easy taking care of grandkids, but that’s only a few days a week. Cant wait til it’s pure pleasure again!

Hugs, Lil

• 2 weeks later...

It's good for me to know that it can be done.

I turned 60 this year, really struggling after being pollydrugged.

Want to get off so badly.