Disturbing mat'l on internet - not on this site- but just causes doubts about BB

[Ho...]

Ditto what Colin said, and also to add that I began having seizures AFTER prescribed bz's as a muscle relaxer. I too had never experienced anxiety or any other of the pyschological symptoms until I came upon bz/wd! :o 

[c0...]

Ditto what Colin said, and also to add that I began having seizures AFTER prescribed bz's as a muscle relaxer. I too had never experienced anxiety or any other of the pyschological symptoms until I came upon bz/wd! :o 

WW,

You had seizures while on the Benzo? 

Keryn.

I, too, had no prior history of anxiety or sleep problems prior to Levaquin and then Xanax.  I was always cool as a cucumber.

Patty  xo

WW,

Keryn.

Yes, I think tolerance and being told to take them as needed, must have lowered my seizure threshold some how. I had an "episode" that included loss of consciencness monitered by EMT's and Emergency docs that lead them to say "seizure". Never had one hooked up to EEG but by then they had given me Ativan. :D  From that time on was prescribed bz's to prevent seizure activity. This was at one of the top major medical facilites in the states, so it just goes to show you. Even the big guns screw up sometimes! :laugh:

[c0...]

WW,

Keryn.

Yes, I think tolerance and being told to take them as needed, must have lowered my seizure threshold some how. I had an "episode" that included loss of consciencness monitered by EMT's and Emergency docs that lead them to say "seizure". Never had one hooked up to EEG but by then they had given me Ativan. :D  From that time on was prescribed bz's to prevent seizure activity. This was at one of the top major medical facilites in the states, so it just goes to show you. Even the big guns screw up sometimes! :laugh:

I see, It could have lowered threshold.. oh ya they do screw up..  :laugh:

Just curious

Keryn.

The above replies, combined with just a little research clearly debunk the theory that benzo withdrawal either isn't real, or a return of anxiety for which it is prescribed.  Even Wikipedia's several entries regard benzo withdrawal as real and dangerous.  Not to mention all of our combined experiences.

When I rather casually went into a (brief) CT I expected little more than a possible return of anxiety.  Well the anxiety did return, along with a lineup of bizarre and painfully real physical symptoms that I didn't even know existed.

So I wouldn't worry about it.  The last thing you need to do is add the symptom of worry about some article on the internet. :)

Very cool topic though!  Forced me to read those other views, and knowledge/research is a good thing.