Important Survey - Please Participate ×

decided against the buspar

[Sk...]

Hey Benzoids  ;D

After taking this Buspar for only 3 days its already creating anxiety in me. My taper from 1.25 to 1.0 klon hit way too early, Cant sleep and I'm having a 'fear' that Ive never had before - cutting to 1.0. I figure its the added anxiety from the Buspar. I know in 88' I was only on 2.5mg of Buspar as I was trying to discontinue it. Thats not even close to a therapeutic level. So My logic is telling me I shouldn't have any kind of anxiety disorder in me serious enough to prevent my tapering from the Klon. Hopefully If there is a bit of an anxiety disorder I can address it after the Klon is out.

The quote I read on the Ashton page said  "Buspar is contradicted during withdrawl and should be avoided"... so If anyone can explain what this means to me I would appreciate it. I think it 'increases' the anxiety

Take Care Skeeter----- man Im spooked  :o

The quote I read on the Ashton page said  "Buspar is contradicted during withdrawl and should be avoided"... so If anyone can explain what this means to me I would appreciate it.

If a drug is "contraindicated," that is just the opposite of "indicated." In other words, Ashton is saying that if the condition of benzo withdrawal is present, Buspar should not be used. It usually means that something about the particular drug makes the condition worse. For instance, if someone with high blood pressure goes to the doctor for help with say, diabetes, and there are five drugs available to treat the condition, one of which has a side effect of severely increasing blood pressure, that particular drug would be *contraindicated* because it will make the person's BP worse. In other words, do NOT use it because it will harm the patient.