Why are nights better ?

[...]

Great news! I love to hear stuff like this! If you wake at night, taking some then will help you even more. That's what I do. I use the time release vitamin C at night that distributes 1000 mgs over the course of 4-6 hours. I take 3-4000 mgs and I'm set for the night.

So you take buffered time release Vit C? Does it hurt your tummy cupcake? ... i remember taking it and it hurt my stomach ... but that was pre-benzos

On an empty stomach, yeah it upsets me a little...but I eat a tiny snack with it. Some soda crackers would help to neutralize the acids if you can't find sodium ascorbate time release capsules. I put a tad of baking soda in my vitamin C powder when I mix it so it isn't hard on my teeth, or my stomach.

On an empty stomach, yeah it upsets me a little...but I eat a tiny snack with it. Some soda crackers would help to neutralize the acids if you can't find sodium ascorbate time release capsules. I put a tad of baking soda in my vitamin C powder when I mix it so it isn't hard on my teeth, or my stomach.

perfectO

thank you cupcake I am so very grateful!

[71...]

Squeegy,

After you try the Vitamin C, tell me how it worked. My Anxiety in the morning is horrible.

Thanks,

Keryn.

Keryn,

OK I took 2000 mg vit C last night before bed and though I had insomnia ... it was much better waking up. Less anxiety and mental torment.

I think that this would qualify as success!

I'mma keep at it. The morning stuff is so hard to bear. And I feel so much better at night ... consistently. It's hard but I'm going to tr everything I can to moderate the cortisol.

Squeegy,

Yeppers, thanks for the update on the Vit. C, I have some I believe. I bought back last year.

Think I'll try it.

Thanks,

Keryn.

I had my Cortisol levels tested about a month ago and it was off the charts morning, noon and night.  However, the night time reading was at a 7 compared to my first morning reading which was 34!!!!  So that just goes to show you how sky high our AM cortisol levels are compared to the evening (even though my PM reading was still way higher than the "normal range")  The "Normal Range" for the AM reading should be between 15 to 24 and mine was off the charts (literally, at 34)

My N.D (who did the tests) gave me some natural supplements to help bring these levels under control and they are Stress Caps, PhosSerine and several other supps, who's names escape me right now.  I will check my list when I get home and re-post if any one wants the details.  Please bear in mind that supplements can affect us all differently, and I have been careful to add each of the ones my N.D gave me slowly and one at a time, just in case I had any adverse reactions.

I've had it both ways, morning anxiety and evening anxiety... some bad days both.  Who knows?

I have started taking emergen-c again, either 1 or two packs a day, and I think that helps with the wake-up type anxiety.

[71...]

please keep us informed on how the vitamin c is going.  Linder

I second this; and also wondering about the Vit C.

I use to eat oranges a lot, should have kept eating them.

My mornings were better, anxiety was still there; less intense.

Keryn.