Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Grounding

[Gr...]

Sounds good. This is similar to mindfulness, which is a way to focus on the here-and-now, rather than letting the mind race every which way. Good advice!

[f4...]
Reminds me a bit of Alice coming up with six impossible things as she was preparing to (confront her fear) fighting the jabberwocky.  The actual number of things doesn't matter, nor does the subject.  Just need to get your mind outside of your head when challenges loom.

Reminds me a bit of Alice coming up with six impossible things as she was preparing to (confront her fear) fighting the jabberwocky.  The actual number of things doesn't matter, nor does the subject.  Just need to get your mind outside of your head when challenges loom.

That is so true Badsocref. Distraction is the key.

that is a good exercise.

For I was suffering a long time under panic attacks I followed several different strategies, but all work the same way as the one you mentioned here.

For the funny ones:

2 persons you would like to put in a soap opera

2 things you would like to possess one day

2 things you would like to destroy

2 things you would like to wear

and so on..

I like the "If I was god"-type. Instead of starting the panic attack I counted every thing around me that I would change if I were god, the color of the wall, the people around me, my clock, my hair, and so on...

Marigold, I am impressed by your signature and how you tapered off of the medications. 5 years, wow! Good for you!  :thumbsup:

life-saving I think. Thank you. I appreciate this because I know you know what wd is like :-\