Important Survey - Please Participate ×

i feel awful

[...]

i don't know if this is benzo w/d (4 months post c/t)...or if this is just me. 

i have zero motivation, nothing seems interesting, i have to push myself to go to work....my thoughts always turn toward the negative...i'm not understanding the point of life...there is no hope, joy, happiness, fun...for months and months. 

i feel awful.  do others relate?  is this just life or is this benzo w/d?  i am worried i will always feel this way.  please help.

((((((((Leslie)))))))))))

I promise it is just Benzo withdrawal. 4 months is still quite early and you are working. It has to be completely exhausting for your body and psyche.

I relate. In the early morning when I have to get ready to go to work and I feel like a truck hit me ... I relate.

I'm only ... about a month ahead of you and I will tell you it will get better.

It's benzo wd

i don't know if this is benzo w/d (4 months post c/t)...or if this is just me. 

i have zero motivation, nothing seems interesting, i have to push myself to go to work....my thoughts always turn toward the negative...i'm not understanding the point of life...there is no hope, joy, happiness, fun...for months and months. 

i feel awful.  do others relate?  is this just life or is this benzo w/d?  i am worried i will always feel this way.  please help.

Leslie -

It sounds like classic signs of depression but the question is what is it due to.  In my opinion, if you didn't feel like this before you were put on benzos, it is probably due to the benzos.  I hope you can start seeing something positive and writing it down.  I kept a gratitude journal for a while and it helped me focus on what little positive things I felt were going on.  I do think it, along with some regular exercise, did help lift my mood over time.  Good luck.

i'm 10 months out and feel the same way crippling depression although i'm functional i find no joy in anything def benzos cause i loved my life before this crap

hugs back to you all. 

billy, i'm sorry you're not feeling any better.  10 months?  wow.  this is a loooooong process.

Hey there,

Some days (thankfully not ALL days) I have no interest, life is lacking something must be joy. It's worse around certain times of the month if you know whatta mean...

Some days I have to force myself to love life. My kids depend on a happy mommy!  If I'm not happy no one around here is. It will go, that feeling of despair. Don't worry about that. Soon you'll find yourself looking forward to a new day. I have days where I'm so glad to be alive, because I feel more alive as the days wear on. :thumbsup:

Keep your chin up...it gets better!

cupcake

Leslie

I have been in the same black hole on and off , it seemed to gotten worst while on the meds and while the meds are leaving me now that I am tapering . I found out  that  this is either because you are actually depressed due to the actual chemical disfunction caused  by the drugs , or what it could actually be a true underlying condition that appeared before or during the use of the meds for whatever reason life could have hit you .The drug depression is deep and very dark , the others are somehow more on the surface. All of them seem to have cycles in which they manifest and then go away . Most of the times there is a trigger that might contribute to their manifestation. I was not put on benzos for depression , by the contrary it was anxiety , but most experts say that both anxiety and depression go hand in hand. Since the temporary and changing nature of both is very hard to predict and to make any sense out of them . My option is to let them ride  and understand that as bad as they are , they are symptoms , so no decision of any kind is taken by me while being hit by them , especially the depression . The most important factor here is to keep reminding myself that I am my best friend and to take care of me under all circumstances, and no matter what .

Tino

cupcake, not that I would know from experience about "times of the month", but I bet it's because of the mind being less under control.  For me lack of sleep gets my mind feeling like I can'teven control it.  Basically it takes so much energy to get through this crap, I'm assuming when women have that going on it would be even harder to get the mental energy for dealing with everything.

YES, I know that has alot to do with it. During that time I just don't want to deal with anything, and I was that way before the benzo's LOL

My symptoms do get a bit worse, but the fact that I don't have the energy to stay focused or happy, makes it sooo much harder to deal with. Sometimes I do nothing but cry....

cupcake,

i love your baby pic.  it is about that time of the month for me now that i think about it.  maybe that's one of the reasons i'm feeling this way, too.  i had bad PMS prior to all this so it all makes sense.

tino:  once again, you come through with words of encouragement to all my dismal posts.  thanks, buddie.  you are a jewel. 

Thanks Leslie,

For me, I don't really have PMS anymore probably because I burn all my estrogen off by extreme workouts every day LOL...but as soon as I start, like the next day, that's when my problems ramp up and depression sets in...then it's a week of crying and intrusive thoughts. But as soon as it's over, within hours, I have a great window...like right now :yippee: :yippee:

I actually feel normal! For once!