Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Anyone else get this creepy feeling when they go to bed?

[ma...]

Recently I came off Gabapentin and my main withdrawal symptoms are depression, depersonalization and severe insomnia. When I go to bed in the evening I get this very weird feeling of dread and sadness. Very hard for me to explain but it makes sleep almost impossible if it weren't already. Is this a normal feeling one feels in withdrawal? I am still taking 25 mg Seroquel as well.  Thank you and good luck to anyone going through this!

Hi MaddySue.  I have jumped Valium and don't take anything for sleep.  Some nights when I am anxious I also get a feeling of apprehension, dread, or anxiety about getting into bed and wondering if I will be up 1 hour, 3 hours, or more during the night.  Insomnia (and it's related feelings of the unknown) are common. 

It does get better as I am now experiencing MORE time asleep vs. a lot of insomnia.  For example, the night before I slept 5 hours straight and last night I slept 7 hours straight.  Not saying I won't get a wave of crummy sleep but it goes to show that it's not permanent.  PS:  I do use lavender oil on my wrists and chest every night and will reapply if I awake during the night.  It might be psychological but the oil helps me.

Easier said than done but try to find some ritual that may help you relax and not concentrate on sleeping..........  Wishing you well.

Yes, it is very common when insomnia is so bad. Every night becomes something to dread--what kind of struggle will it be tonight?

I've had good luck "tricking" my body into sleep. I have an orange light (no energizing blue wave length) that is quite often on next to my bed. I can lie in bed and read if I'm not sleeping. VERY often, I will set the book down for a bit to "rest my eyes"--then wake up hours later! This is much less depressing than lying in the dark hating everything. I only turn the light off if I am pretty certain I will fall asleep quickly, because I can't stand just lying there.

Others have had good luck sleeping in a recliner, or on a couch watching boring old movies, or talk shows, or whatever. Some listen to books on tape.  Take the pressure off of sleeping, and your mind off the insomnia, and you very well could drift off.

Is it like you have a hole in your chest? That's the feeling i get, i feel so sad and desperate and in need of some kind of connection but i can't find it anywhere. it's defintely withdrawal related for me. As i have a good marriage. But it's just like there's a hole in my chest.