Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

For those who are very restless / agitated.

[re...]

• 1 month later...

I had severe waves of this for months. I started noticing a pattern that it would happen mid afternoons daily.

When I could, I would try to be with people as much as possible, mainly my husband. That gave me someone else to focus on and talk to.

Walking helped me a lot - if it was possible. I would keep moving. It seemed to help me relieve the intensity of it, and I'd feel better after. Even at all hours of the night! I know not everyone is safely able to walk at 3am though. I would bring my dog along.

Regular mindfulness meditation, but not necessarily when I was in the throes of it. But, I think over time the meditation helps change the amydala's fight or flight response incrementally and makes things easier to cope with. When I was already agitated trying to meditate did not help. But the regular practice of it at different times of the day helped me shift some of the ways I reacted to anxiety prone experiences.