Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

When is too much too much? Reinstate?

[bc...]

[bc...]
I knew nothing about how severe CT can be.  I am finding out now.  I just had a night of 7 hours of sleep on my own Sunday that was preceded by 8 days of only 7 or 8 hours of total sleep that came over 2 or 3 days.  Last night I had about an hour or so again.  I have been doing this for 4 months now.  Since the beginning of August.  I am afraid I will never heal.  I need to work.  My family would be destroyed if I had to quit working.  I hit tolerance after being on Xanax for 7 weeks.  So is it too late or stupid to reinstate and try a very slow taper?  Worried that I will reach tolerance right away if I do, but if I don't I cannot stand these sleepless nights...taking a severe toll mentally and physically.

If you reinstate you will be going through this crap for longer.

be strong and you will turn a corner soon.

Im so sorry you are suffering.

Please do not reinstate. You've developed a tolerance so a reinstatement would probably only result in further kindling. Give your brain a chance to recover. I'm still not sleeping great at 9 months out, but I'd rather not sleep than take that garbage again. You've had a 7 hour sleep night, it means that your brain will do that again, and again!

We'll have to get through this, to reclaim back our health and what that stupid drug did to us.